Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [MOD][One Click Root] Clockwork Mod version 3.0.0.5/6 - UPDATED FOR EB13!

Source : [MOD][One Click Root] Clockwork Mod version 3.0.0.5/6 - UPDATED FOR EB13! xda- developers

Developer/Credit: Dameon87

Summmary: Updated ClockWorkMod v3.0.0.5/6 to EXT4 Conversion for Froyo EB13

Installation Instructions:

1. Unzip to your desktop.
    2. Go into your phone and Go to settings->Applications->Development and turn on USB Debugging.
    3. Now double click run.bat in the folder you unzipped. (If you are on linux ./run.sh from the folder)
    4. Wait for everything to happen.
    5. Use the THREE BUTTON METHOD to get to CWM3.
    6. Flash the Default Stock Dual FS kernel For EB13 (See developers site for Kernel link)
    7. Enjoy CWM 3.0.0.5/6
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:

Hey Paul, what if I am already rooted using the earlier oneclickroot method? Will that interfere with this install?
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

I just rooted with this method, no issues.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by jrohrig View Post
    Hey Paul, what if I am already rooted using the earlier oneclickroot method? Will that interfere with this install?
    No.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

ROM
    GB

I did the one click root last night,

Will this file, dl and install have all of the files I need, or do I need a stock download as well?

Go to this thread for a complete how-to on EXT4.
    Thanked by:

Thanks dude.

ROM
    Stock

So I did all this last night, and when i boot up in the middle of the sprint animation, it just flashes "android". but everything seems to work fine?

ROM
    AOKP'ing it.

Quote Originally Posted by inkdup102586 View Post
    So I did all this last night, and when i boot up in the middle of the sprint animation, it just flashes "android". but everything seems to work fine?
    Looks like you need to flash a custom boot animation. The EXT4 kernel supports custom boot screens, but somehow messes up the stock? Either way, once you flash a custom boot animation, you should be ok. I personally like the Nexus boot screens.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Donmeister85 View Post
    Looks like you need to flash a custom boot animation. The EXT4 kernel supports custom boot screens, but somehow messes up the stock? Either way, once you flash a custom boot animation, you should be ok. I personally like the Nexus boot screens.
    Yes we need to flash a custom boot screen. No it didn't mess up the stock boot animation, that was done on purpose to show that the new kernel supported the animated boot screens.
    Paul

ROM
    AC!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Yes we need to flash a custom boot screen. No it didn't mess up the stock boot animation, that was done on purpose to show that the new kernel supported the animated boot screens.
    can the boot animations that was offered with TER be flashable? :O and im going to use your 1.8 theme too paul, though could you make one with the Stock Mail app and not the galaxytab one?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I believe the TER v1.8 has the stock email app in it, I pulled whatever was directly in TER 1.5

You can try the animations out. Just make a backup incase...
    Paul

Thanked by:

ROM
    AOKP'ing it.

Thanks for clarifying.

ROM
    Stock

Can any boot work?

Sent from my Ex_Insane Epic.
    BlackBerry 8130_Nextel i880_BlackBerry 8330_HTC Hero_Samsung S1_Motorola Photon_Samsung S2_Samsung S4

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Is there any good repository of boot animations?

I am on CW 3.0.0.5 using TER 1.5. Is there a way to upgrade to this version without data loss on TER; or, is this just for EB13?
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"
    http://www.isv-knights.org

Tandy TRS-80->Palm Pilot Professional->TRG Pro-> Sprint Neopoint 1000->Sprint Touchpoint 3000->Ipaq 3650->Ipaq 3850->Ipaq 2215->Treo 600->Cingular 2125->Cingular 8525/HTC Hermes->Blackberry 8800->Samsung Blackjack i607->Motorola Q->Blackberry Curve 8300->Sprint HTC Touch->Treo 800W->Sprint HTC Touch Pro->Treo 800W (again)-> Palm Pre->Treo 800W (again)->HTC Hero->Palm Pixi->HTC Hero (again)-> HTC EVO 4g->HTC Hero (again)->Samsung Epic->Epic Touch 4G (Galaxy SII)->Iphone 4s->Galaxy Note 3

i flashed a boot animation and it didnt get rid of the sprint 4g animation that it goes over. how can I get rid of the stock ani(s) and leave the custom?

Edit: I see the stock ani and the custom at the sametime. i.e.: the screen sorta flashes/glitches back and forth very quickly, and I am using a samsung epic with new froyo eb13 update and its rooted, obviously.

I am getting "Phone is not connected" when trying to run the bat file. It most certainly is plugged in, on USB Debugging and the phone works as expected when I put it into Mass Storage mode.

Things I have tried:
    1.) Tried 2 different USB cables (including the OEM)
    2.) Tried different USB ports
    3.) Rebooted phone and PC multiple times
    4.) Re-installed Samsung drivers

I was able to root back on DK28.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by kstar12droid View Post
    hey i dwnloaded this file from xda developers (dameon87) and it was laced with the rageagainstthecage virus (trojan horse virus). So beware friends. luckily my antivirus caught it. BEWARE,BEWARE!!!!
    rageagainstthecage is the necessary file for rooting your phone. Without it, you won't have a rooted device.

The reason why your antivirus is catching it is because recently is was listed as an exploit thus your antivirus database was updated to treat it as bad.

You need to disable your antivirus while running the rooting packages or else you will run into this and end up with problems.

Trust me anything Dameon87 puts out is SAFE, we in the rooting and hacking community owe alot of thanks to Dameon87 along with dozens of others for making all this we do possible
    Paul

ROM
    cm9 beta 2

Oh Ok thanks Paul. I admit i am new to the android experience. Don't know everything, thanks for looking out.

Default Re: [MOD][One Click Root] Clockwork Mod version 3.0.0.5/6 - UPDATED FOR EB13!

I know nothing about any of this been watching different videos but the point I'm at along this journey is to create ext partition so I can use link2sd but I'm not by pc can I in any way possible do this on my phone?