View Poll Results: Would you like to see the CIQ Removal in the next release of ACE?
- 71. You may not vote on this poll
Yes, if it works without alot of conflicts, FC's, etc.
No, I want my own freedom and not have to deal with conflicts and special made themes.
Doesn't matter to me. I like ACE the way it is.
[ROM] ACE ROM v2.0 (No Further EC05 Development)ACE ROM
(Android Central Epic)
New Wallpaper by Android Central Adviser Cyber Warrior
Brought to you by, Paul627g
An Android Central "In House Exclusive"
:: Update 5/17/11 ::
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that pushed me into updating ACE ROM to EC05. It has been a fun run and it looks like I was able to once again provide you with a stable ROM as a daily driver. In the process it looks like many of you learned a lot along the way on working with ROMs/kernels & themes and everyone provided so much help and support for one another. That alone makes me happy that on top of providing a ROM it also provided some skills to many. Unfortunately I have dedicated to put EC05 or Froyo in general to rest. I'm running Gingerbread and loving it and can't wait to see the official build come out so everyone can get started on some cool fresh Gingerbread ROMs. As always I will continue to provide support on ACE ROM and everything else, so don't feel like I'm leaving anyone hanging out to dry. Thanks again... Paul
:: Update 4/26/11 ::
I added an optional battery meter mod for you to download and flash. See 2nd post under Troubleshoots/Patches. I may
have the custom boot animation available soon, still working on tweaking it. I think the kernels are limiting the amount of time that it can be displayed so that is causing me a problem. Otherwise thank you to the many users that have been helping out with troubleshooting in the thread, it helps me outmore than you realize...
:: Update 4/25/11 ::
We now have a great installation tutorial video, thanks to qbking77.Video link is located down further in the installation section along with the ROM download link. He has done many other tutorial videos lately and he did one for ACE ROM to help anyone out with installation of the ROM. Thanks again qbking77!
:: Update: 4/23/11 ::
ACE ROM v2.0 " journaling enabled " version is now available! Unfortunately I didn't get to included the new custom boot
animation as I had hoped. I need more time to work out the settings for the boot animation so it will display as intended.
I will continue to work on the " no journaling " version to resolve the bug issue. Otherwise enjoy the ROM and leave
all problems/complaints in the front office...
- EC05 based.
- CIQ Removal (k0nane)
- TWS Bug Fix (mkasick)
- Bloat Removed
- ASOP Lockscreen
- Launcher Pro
- Full Battery Pop up removed. (amosher13)
- AM/PM removed from time in status bar (amosher13)
- Reboot Mod added to shutdown (mysteryemotionz)
- Modded Camera/Video/Music Player apps have 20% battery cut off removed. (k0nane)
- kernel at normal speed/settings for the best battery (tanimn)
- GI9000 Fingerprint to show all Market apps
- Stock theme, with minor changes by me and 1% battery mod added (ptfdmedic)
- New Wallpapers by Android Central Adviser Cyber Warrior.
- Wallpapers located on " /sdcard/ACE Wallpapers "
- Ad Blocking Host File baked into ROM. (Word with Friends has been removed from host file to make playable )
Other things I'm still working on:
- No journaling version.
- New custom made boot animation (needs to be tweaked a bit)
That is the main goodies, as in previous ACE fashion I'm giving you a generously modded ROM. I'm not a great themer like the pros at XDA so don't expect any spectacular theme because you won't find it. You want a fancy theme, we provide many themes to choose from here in our INDEX sticky. Benchmarks, I don't believe in them.
Also you may have noticed I brought in Android Central Adviser Cyber Warrior. He has some awesome graphic talents and like previous ACE ROM versions I like to keep things as much "In House" as before so Cyber Warrior fits the bill perfectly. You can find more of his awesome work in his wallpaper threads. Just look for threads with Cyber Warrior as OP, he has quite a few
I need to throw out a big thanks to k0nane of ACS/Syndicate ROM for providing me awhile back with a deodexed copy of EC05 completely stock so I could build this ROM. Along the way he has provided me with answers to questions I had. I also need to thank the rest of you, the users for supporting me and begging me to update this to Froyo EC05.
Download Link :
Download Link : ACE ROM v2.0 - No Journaling (Bugs still be worked on)
Wipe everything 3x in CWM before you flash.
Option #1 - Froyo EC05/EXT4 conversion to run this ROM.
Option #2 - Froyo EB13/EXT4 conversion with (Flash in CWM 3.x.x.x first then flash the ROM)
- If all else fails, Odin back to stock Froyo EB13 then use Option #2 or update to Froyo EC05 and use Option #1
- Kernels, this comes prepackaged with Twilight Zone v1.1.0 kernel. Its very reliable for most, some have issues. You can find a complete list of all the kernels available up to date which should all be compatible with ACE ROM v2.0
NOTE: This ROM doesn't have root built into it, so if you notice you lost root access after flashing a different kernel you will have to run the EXT4 conversion to re-establish root.
Troubleshooting/Patches: Will be located in the second post of this thread as before.
:: ACE ROM v1.7 Based on Froyo EB13 ::
Features Froyo EB13:
- Built on Froyo EB13 deodexed - Dameon87
- ClockWorkMod v220.127.116.11/EXT4 compliant - Dameon87
- AMLauncher - Ahmgsk
- Removed most bloatware and clutter
- ASOP Lockscreen - amosher13
- Added a 1% battery mod (a454nova) to the framework
- Ad Blocking Host File Baked in - Ragnarokx
- Full Battery Pop Up Kill - amosher13
- Installed extras Astro, MyBackup, Spare Parts
- Custom Wallpapers by Android Central member scodoublet
Change Log v1.7 (3/3/11)
- Google Search added back into ROM
- Call Log fix added, no more txt showing.
- Show All Market Apps
- Updated Host File for Ad Blocking
- Added New Wallpaper to AMLauncher
- Added "SD CARD" ACE ROM extras (See post #2 below)
- Genocide v.03a Kernel now standard (Credit Rodderik/Team Viper) See post #2
- Recolored the status bar/changed notification screen & pull down bar
- New custom boot animation
Change Log v1.6 (2/27/11)
- Voice Dialer Fix - Dameon87
- Added Custom Boot Animation - a454nova
- Removed Startup Sound
- Fixed Battery 80% stock battery image mistake
- Changed "Internet" to "Browser" like it should be
- Removed stock bookmarks from Browser and added custom links
- Left out Wireless Tether app, to eliminate any problems with versions not properly working. downloads
- Changed build.prop to reflect version update
You need to be either using CWM18.104.22.168/EXT4 or upgrade to it, to flash this ROM
Download Link :
Download Link :
Download Link :
See post #2 for restores/updates/fixes/troubleshooting
Accessing CWM :
To access ClockWorkMod (CWM) you must use the 3-finger boot (Volume Down+Camera+Power). Currently the redirector is not working properly to support apps like Reboot Manager or Quickboot.
Last edited by Paul627g; 05-17-2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Added Optional Battery ModThanked by 72:
+ Show/Hide list of the thanked
aclays, adjmcloon#IM, agentcelsius, ajaxfloz8, bbeck, bcegielski, biggiehead, bigtymer7680, bistinjustin98, bjs188, BlackPearl890#AC, cheburashka, chuckenheimer#ac, cigarfan, Colin Vermont, Cyber Warrior, Darkshneider, DaveInFL, deligator, dragon57, dtm_stretch, ducatti20, eharty, EmersonHart13, frankwhite8536, ggoomani, gitit20, gmcpcs, gpeterson, greesx, GSF1200S, Guapo104, joosen, joedig52, jordan23#ac, kchaystack, Kikoshi, krazynut, trooper54, Lisabeth99, luciernaga#ac, maconu, Maezorg, maxertx, mayo1024#AC, mjbelknap, mlpomer, mpoehling, mwalter, Overblast, qbking77, r0ckrat, ragnarokx, readingkeeper, robomav, sammmmmyg, scoob, Sensai28, silverthornne, Sirus213, skyward, sndplace, sprinter#ac, svx, TexasEpic4G, tgaskill, TheCrazy88, tnuts, tomy2001, traumahawk, warheed, yoda288
- 02-23-2011, 04:12 PM #3
- 02-23-2011, 04:37 PM #4
- 47 Posts
That is one amazing wallpaper haha
From the looks of it, very similar to TER(battery icon, black notification bar and probably transparent background, am launcher) which is definitely okay with me.
Does AM launcher have support for scrollable widgets now? The only one I actually use is Plume(formally touiteur, or however it was spelled), and it just doesn't work on AML.
Outside of that, I'll be patiently awaiting release =)
- 02-23-2011, 04:56 PM #5
- 02-23-2011, 05:09 PM #6
- 02-23-2011, 05:17 PM #7
Don't completely judge a book by its cover or in this case picture..... Yes it has a bit of TER flavor, because you can't turn your back on what "works" but I still plan on giving this ROM a identity of its own. Plus this is in response to everyone that still wanted a "in house" ROM and were fans of what TER brought to the table.
More to come soon.... Still early in development..
- 02-23-2011, 08:35 PM #9
- 414 Posts
nice Paul. i love the fact that AC has a rom for the Epic. Been trying out other roms for the past couple of days and settled on Simply AOSP for now. def know one thing it sure is going to be hard to choose a rom over the next couple of months since the source has been released. def will be trying this rom out once it is at a nice stable spot. you and Rag had me hooked to TER so i will def DEF DEF be trying any rom u put out there
- 02-23-2011, 09:20 PM #10
- 02-23-2011, 10:41 PM #11
- 02-23-2011, 10:53 PM #12
- 02-24-2011, 05:06 AM #13
- 02-24-2011, 06:53 AM #14
- 02-24-2011, 04:30 PM #15
@ESlogic, no I'm doing this on my own. Sure I do ask some questions to Ragnarokx but he has other duties here in the forums and isn't involved in any ROM development at this time.
- 02-24-2011, 06:52 PM #17
- 02-24-2011, 07:16 PM #18
- 02-24-2011, 07:22 PM #19
- 02-24-2011, 07:31 PM #20
My theme will change the status/notification bar from stock but I haven't gotten to that point yet. That will come within a few days of ROM release.
- 02-24-2011, 10:39 PM #22
- 02-24-2011, 10:41 PM #23
- 02-24-2011, 11:11 PM #24
- 305 Posts
- NuSense ICS
Idk if i'll bounce to this... yet. I prob will, once it gets developed a little more.. i know it will live up to expectations but i'm not ready to have to start alll over with customization yet. I will definitely be keeping my eye on this rom.. but for now DK28 / TER serves me well. for now. thanks for all the hard work! (both Paul and Rag)
- 02-24-2011, 11:45 PM #25