[ROM][ACS]SyndicateROM Frozen 1.2 (Updated 6/20)

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OK, so, I installed this last night and I'm liking it so far. The only thing that I'm having issues with is installing the stock apps that are posted in the XDA thread. Mainly, I'm looking at things like qik, Thinkfree office, and the clock (I really like the options the clock that came with EB13 had for alarms and whatnot). I tried moving the apks to the system/app folder and keep getting told that the copy failed. Any thoughts as to what I'm probably missing?

I flashed the stockapps zip in CWM and all the apps work fine.

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Working amazingly so far. Have scored 2050+ on Quadrant, up from mid 900s. The phone is incredibly responsive, everything is snappy and responds instantly. Zero bugs or fcs found to date (minus the google search bug but that was easily fixible). Gps locks on within seconds and is accurate to 2 meters. Battery life seems pretty good so far, been losing about 10% an hour with brightness at max and screen time at 1 1/2 hrs. Ill recalibrate the battery and do a full discharge before I comment further on it.

I actually really like the minimalist theme with blue accents, and the solid circle battery icon as opposed to a segmented one. I'm not a fan of the transparent notification bar. However its a minor nitpick. Overall, I couldn't be happier so far! Great job acs!

EDIT: Found a bug! Whenever I connect to 3g, including after I end a call, I get an FC error telling me that "The Application Google Service Framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Anybody run into this?

I think I've isolated the bug - it seems to have something to do with Google's contact sync. When I try to manually sync contacts with google, it force closes every time. Unfortunately, I tried to fix this by clearing the cache... didn't work, and now I'm getting a barrage of FC's. Might reflash and see how it goes.

Last edited:

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been using this Rom for the last three days. I have noticed one problem. Dolphin browser Mini is not working properly, it force closes every time i try to use it. I wiped out my phone three times. This rom is very fast but i believe I am going to go back to ACE because it is more stable than this rom.

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been using this Rom for the last three days. I have noticed one problem. Dolphin browser Mini is not working properly, it force closes every time i try to use it. I wiped out my phone three times. This rom is very fast but i believe I am going to go back to ACE because it is more stable than this rom.

There is apparently a problem with the SSL libraries in the 1.0 build causing the crash on Dolphin. It should be fixed with version 1.0.1, which should be out any time now - k0nane is working on it as we speak.

Last edited:
Reactions: tomy2001

sandman512

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Quick question, being that I am a flash virgin. My EPIC is rooted, running FROYO.EB13 and CWM 2.5. Can I flash this ROM and if not, what steps are needed. THANKS!

ggoomani

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
update: I've had to recharge my battery from light to moderate use for the first time since Friday afternoon. I managed the whole weekend without charging the phone. incredible. epic (finally)

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
update: I've had to recharge my battery from light to moderate use for the first time since Friday afternoon. I managed the whole weekend without charging the phone. incredible. epic (finally)

I know! I didn't think this type of battery life was possible with the Epic. Just goes to show how bogged down with bloat and unnecessary crap this thing actually is/was. I got over 30 hours this past weekend. And that includes my fiance taking my phone and playing stints of Angry Birds! This weekend was a relatively light usage weekend. I tend to use it more when I'm at work. But even so, after 10 hours of work, I'm getting home with around 50% of my battery remaining. AMAZING.

rawvega

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm very much looking forward to trying out Syndicate Frozen. At this point, I think that I'll wait until the next revision with additional bug fixes is released.

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm very much looking forward to trying out Syndicate Frozen. At this point, I think that I'll wait until the next revision with additional bug fixes is released.

That's probably a good call. It's overall about 98% stable thus far, just a few known bugs that will all (presumably) be fixed in 1.0.1.

drewjohn

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
some bugs i'm getting

1) Email Force close (known)
2) Alarm clock plus force closes when trying to access settings
3) Annoying double message notifications. one is from app and the other is form idk? is has to be cleared out. right now it says "you have 0 unread messages" WTF is this. how do i stop it?
4) search button doesn't work (known)

Update:
Fixed #1 No thought i did but it's not
Fixed #3 truned off all sms notifcations and restarted phone. and turned back on now i just get the normal alert.

Last edited:

drewjohn

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I know! I didn't think this type of battery life was possible with the Epic. Just goes to show how bogged down with bloat and unnecessary crap this thing actually is/was. I got over 30 hours this past weekend. And that includes my fiance taking my phone and playing stints of Angry Birds! This weekend was a relatively light usage weekend. I tend to use it more when I'm at work. But even so, after 10 hours of work, I'm getting home with around 50% of my battery remaining. AMAZING.

I don't know how you are doing this. i was at 65% when i got to work this morning (from charging it last night.) all i did was play on facebook for 30minutes on the bus ride.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how you are doing this. i was at 65% when i got to work this morning (from charging it last night.) all i did was play on facebook for 30minutes on the bus ride.
I'm with you on this one, I have seen a slight improvement but nothing like 30 hours. For example I've had my phone unplugged for an hour and a half and I'm at 84% with minimal use.

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

2 things:
1) In my experience, battery goes down rather quickly when using 3G in low-signal areas, so I can imagine losing a lot from 30 minutes of Facebook, as well as auto-sync/background sync and so on.

2) Out of the box, this ROM is set to be overclocked to 1.2GHz. Using SetCPU to set the max clock speed to 1.0GHz (undervolt) and the governor to "ondemand" uses a lot less battery.

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Found a bug! Whenever I connect to 3g, including after I end a call, I get an FC error telling me that "The Application Google Service Framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Anybody run into this?

I think I've isolated the bug - it seems to have something to do with Google's contact sync. When I try to manually sync contacts with google, it force closes every time. Unfortunately, I tried to fix this by clearing the cache... didn't work, and now I'm getting a barrage of FC's. Might reflash and see how it goes.

Dunno if this would work (sometimes worked in the TER ROM) but did you try the "fix permissions" option in CWM?

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Dunno if this would work (sometimes worked in the TER ROM) but did you try the "fix permissions" option in CWM?

I did not; I just re-wiped and re-flashed and that fixed my problem. If it happens again I'll try that, though.

1) Email Force close (known)
2) Alarm clock plus force closes when trying to access settings
3) Annoying double message notifications. one is from app and the other is form idk? is has to be cleared out. right now it says "you have 0 unread messages" WTF is this. how do i stop it?
4) search button doesn't work (known)

2 is known, it should be fixed in 1.0.1.

As for 3, did you remember to turn off notifications from your stock messaging app?

drewjohn

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
2 things:
1) In my experience, battery goes down rather quickly when using 3G in low-signal areas, so I can imagine losing a lot from 30 minutes of Facebook, as well as auto-sync/background sync and so on.

2) Out of the box, this ROM is set to be overclocked to 1.2GHz. Using SetCPU to set the max clock speed to 1.0GHz (undervolt) and the governor to "ondemand" uses a lot less battery.

I do go in and out of service on the way to work, but when i check my battery data is always has display as like 90+%. I leave it on auto brightness.

i set it at 1.0Ghz. but was unsure of what governor to use. i was on conservative. i tried on demand over the weekend and didn't see much difference. i'm going to try powersave.