[ROM] Bonsai4All EB13 V3.0.1

LS2982

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I got it removed and installed gallery 3D, its called quickpic and it was installed with bonsai cause I never had it before.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

LS2982

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
My bluetooth will pair with the phone but will constantly lose connection and I have to either reconnect it or unpair and repair it. Is this something you experienced?

megaboz

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
My bluetooth will pair with the phone but will constantly lose connection and I have to either reconnect it or unpair and repair it. Is this something you experienced?

I had a similar problem when I first went to 3.0.0, my wireless wouldn't connect either and the bluetooth would not pair at all.

I flashed the stock EB13 release and then went back to 3.0.0. Wireless was fixed, but I could only pair and connect to one bluetooth device.

Today I flashed 3.0.1 and all is well.

cjd9997

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with Samsung today and they told me that my bluetooth would not work with my car and that I needed to get a new car. I have the same issue that other people are discussing and I have been through, bmw, sprint, and samsung and samsung told me it was never going to work properly.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just adding my two cents, I've been running v3.0.1 now since it was released and Bonsai has once again done a great job. The ROM is solid and shows the class and quality we have come to expect from Mammon and the entire Bonsai crew.

megaboz

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Just adding my two cents, I've been running v3.0.1 now since it was released and Bonsai has once again done a great job. The ROM is solid and shows the class and quality we have come to expect from Mammon and the entire Bonsai crew.

I agree that the ROM is pretty good, at least 3.0.1 is.
But I have seen some issues:
my PRL will not update
too many things were actually ripped out of it
I get half the battery life compared to 1.3
Facebook force closes.
Sometimes BlueTooth forces me to key in the security code to connect to the device.

How many of these issues are directly related to Bonsai? Don't know, and I am not going to blame them, but I am about ready to go back to stock and just leave my phone rooted so I can remove some of the bloatware.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the ROM is pretty good, at least 3.0.1 is.
But I have seen some issues:
my PRL will not update
too many things were actually ripped out of it
I get half the battery life compared to 1.3
Facebook force closes.
Sometimes BlueTooth forces me to key in the security code to connect to the device.

How many of these issues are directly related to Bonsai? Don't know, and I am not going to blame them, but I am about ready to go back to stock and just leave my phone rooted so I can remove some of the bloatware.

The PRL I'm not sure about, actually I never mess with my PRL because its only updated once in a while.

Bonsai has done as most other ROMs today and removed the bloatware and uncommon apps. This is to increase overall speed of the ROM, reduce download size and give the user the ability to build the ROM as they choose. Normally most Devs supply a zip file or other means of restoring the removed apps. (I did with ACE)

Battery life I do agree to a point. Bonsai and its modified Bonsai kernel is excellent while not in use for conserving battery life but it does seem to drain fast under use compared to before. I'm not sure if this is due to changes with the CIQ removal.

FB, don't use it enough to comment.

Bluetooth, I think this is still part of an ongoing issue with the EXT4 conversion and EB13. Bonsai has a good finger on it, just a bug or two left I think to work the kinks out with.

Overall its an impressive ROM in my opinion out of the dozens and dozens of ROMs and version updates I've ran over the last few months. Bonsai is always one of the best so whenever Bonsai is having troubles you know its something out of the ordinary.

megaboz

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
The PRL I'm not sure about, actually I never mess with my PRL because its only updated once in a while.

Bonsai has done as most other ROMs today and removed the bloatware and uncommon apps. This is to increase overall speed of the ROM, reduce download size and give the user the ability to build the ROM as they choose. Normally most Devs supply a zip file or other means of restoring the removed apps. (I did with ACE)

Battery life I do agree to a point. Bonsai and its modified Bonsai kernel is excellent while not in use for conserving battery life but it does seem to drain fast under use compared to before. I'm not sure if this is due to changes with the CIQ removal.

FB, don't use it enough to comment.

Bluetooth, I think this is still part of an ongoing issue with the EXT4 conversion and EB13. Bonsai has a good finger on it, just a bug or two left I think to work the kinks out with.

Overall its an impressive ROM in my opinion out of the dozens and dozens of ROMs and version updates I've ran over the last few months. Bonsai is always one of the best so whenever Bonsai is having troubles you know its something out of the ordinary.

I think it is a good ROM, but to be honest I was more impressed with 1.3.

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've actually been pretty hesitent to move to EXT4 due to reported Bluetooth issues. I am rooted for WifiTether but also pair my phone with 3 BT devices, one being my car.

How many devices are you guys pairing with 3.0.1 now?

megaboz

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I've actually been pretty hesitent to move to EXT4 due to reported Bluetooth issues. I am rooted for WifiTether but also pair my phone with 3 BT devices, one being my car.

How many devices are you guys pairing with 3.0.1 now?

I have 2 devices paired. And have tested the wifi tether, seems to work ok, but personally don't have a need for it so I don't use it much.

The issues withthe bluetooth seem to have more to do with the flash then the ROM or EXT4. I am not sure why everyone is so hell-bent on this ext4 when I have noticed no performance gains or battery improvements. To be honest I had the best battery with Bonsai 1.3, I could almost get 3 days of battery life when I flashed it and removed the google maps.

Reactions: scoob

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Megaboz,
I will look into flashing later but for now I am pretty happy with performance on the stock root rom. I did find using SetCPU to throttle down was a great battery saver for me.

Hampteezy

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with this rom except for rearranging the app drawer into an alphabetical list. That's a force close everytime. But one thing I would like to know is...

How can I get live wallpapers back??? I don't use them a lot but I would like to have to option just for kicks. Help me community!! Thanks!!

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to tell if you are on EXT 4... I am running a rooted phone w CWM 3.0. and EXT4... I flashed the stock EC05 modem through ODIN last week... I tried Baked Snack but was having issues with 2.2, so I've been using Bonsai 4.0 the past few days... I notice a significant lag from vertical to horizontal rotation... is there any way my file system was converted back to RFS somehow? I see a flashable ECO5 w CWM 2.5 and optional EXT4 in the stickies, which is what has me wondering?

Thanks for any advice.... just trying to cure the lag, otherwise Bonsai 4 kicks ass...

Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to tell if you are on EXT 4... I am running a rooted phone w CWM 3.0. and EXT4... I flashed the stock EC05 modem through ODIN last week... I tried Baked Snack but was having issues with 2.2, so I've been using Bonsai 4.0 the past few days... I notice a significant lag from vertical to horizontal rotation... is there any way my file system was converted back to RFS somehow? I see a flashable ECO5 w CWM 2.5 and optional EXT4 in the stickies, which is what has me wondering?

Thanks for any advice.... just trying to cure the lag, otherwise Bonsai 4 kicks ass...

Thanks
The ROM would have never flashed if your filesystem wasn't in EXT4.

The lag when switching from portrait to landscape can be fixed by..

Download Terminal Emulator from the Market

Start the app

type " su " Hit Enter.

Accept the Root Access

type " /system/bin/sensorcalibutil_yamaha " and hit Enter.

Next you will be prompted to start the calibration. Follow the next step below before proceeding.

Place you phone on its back (keyboard up) and steady it with one hand while you press ENTER with the other.

This will calibrate your sensors, takes a sec.

Back out of the program (Back key) and power cycle your screen. (Power button then press power button again ) .

Your done, rotation lag fixed.

BTW, the flashable EC05 you see is stock EC05/RFS format running CWM2.5.1.0 and it is ODEXED meaning there is very little you can do to customize an ODEXED ROM. There are some battery mods floating around and a few other things but thats it. Its more or less just a version for those who wanted EC05 and rooted so they can remove bloatware, use wireless tethering and use other root access required apps.

Reactions: a_c_s

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip... I assume this method is better than just going to settings / display / calibration? I did that already and it made no difference...

The ROM would have never flashed if your filesystem wasn't in EXT4.

The lag when switching from portrait to landscape can be fixed by..

Download Terminal Emulator from the Market

Start the app

type " su " Hit Enter.

Accept the Root Access

type " /system/bin/sensorcalibutil_yamaha " and hit Enter.

Next you will be prompted to start the calibration. Follow the next step below before proceeding.

Place you phone on its back (keyboard up) and steady it with one hand while you press ENTER with the other.

This will calibrate your sensors, takes a sec.

Back out of the program (Back key) and power cycle your screen. (Power button then press power button again ) .

Your done, rotation lag fixed.

BTW, the flashable EC05 you see is stock EC05/RFS format running CWM2.5.1.0 and it is ODEXED meaning there is very little you can do to customize an ODEXED ROM. There are some battery mods floating around and a few other things but thats it. Its more or less just a version for those who wanted EC05 and rooted so they can remove bloatware, use wireless tethering and use other root access required apps.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip... I assume this method is better than just going to settings / display / calibration? I did that already and it made no difference...

Yes this is what I always do. This is a problem with any ROM on Froyo. Just a bug in the calibration system.
Anytime you switch a ROM, just plan on doing this again to recalibrate.

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes this is what I always do. This is a problem with any ROM on Froyo. Just a bug in the calibration system.
Anytime you switch a ROM, just plan on doing this again to recalibrate.

Thanks for the tip... very helpful and it definitely worked... on a side note, not sure what happened, but when I restored apps/data with titanium onto this ROM, I lost all the market links? Now I only get update notices on apps that I installed directly from the market, not other APKs I installed myself... first time I've had this issue that I can recall... any advice on how to restore market links in Bonsai? Thx

Hampteezy

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please help me get my live wallpapers into this rom. I post a few days ago and it was looked or I am guessing it can't be done. Someone help me out. I would greatly appriciate it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechBro