This keyboard fix has me extremely perplexed...

markot86

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had the epic since day 1 of its release, and by day 5 I stopped using it because of how many keystrokes it would miss. Now, half a year later, the modding community has figured out how to fix it, and I'm completely shocked at how well it works.

Does anyone exactly know what change was made to make it work so well? Moreover, why hasn't SAMSUNG fixed this on their own already?? I always figured it was a hardware issue, but software?! To gimp your own device's keyboard because of crap software is truly mind-boggling.

Whoever figured this mod out deserves a beer. =D

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I guess this is an example of how order of priority is given. Obviously this wasn't very high up on the To Do list of things at Samsung.

GSF1200S

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I guess this is an example of how order of priority is given. Obviously this wasn't very high up on the To Do list of things at Samsung.

+1

Spec sheets sell smartphones, not function in the real world. This phone has led a double-life; fantastic hardware (and I mean the CPU, keyboard, GPU [which STILL kills new phones], screen, etc) with absolutely horrendous software support. Evo had 2.2 in JULY i believe, and we didnt get an official release until late February. Keyboard dropped keystrokes..

And actually- I was going to start a thread but I might as well add it in here since its related: has anyone noticed that the back-button no longer self-activates?? My phone did this on 2.1 bad at times, and since EXT4 2.2 it hasnt done it once!

Ive always had good luck with Samsung's hardware, but their software support sucks. Next time I buy a phone, its not going to be a samsung..

markot86

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
But samsung hardware is so pretty... I'd be hard pressed not to buy another samsung phone, particularly if the galaxy 2 line is as good looking as it looked at MWC B-)