Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [ROM] CyanogenMod 7 | ALPHA 4 [Updated 4/8/11]

Source: CyanogenMod 7 | ALPHA 1 - xda developers

Credit/Developers: Dameon87, nullghost & Decad3nce

ALPHA 4

Direct thread link to download

Changelog compared to Alpha 1:
    Screen On/Off Animation working
    hw accel mostly working
    video codecs partly working
    wifi works even through data wipe
    bluetooth works (except in call, sorry)
    If I forgot something, oh well

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats right everyone! ALPHA 3 is now available!!! See link below to download.

** NOTE ** I did read in the thread they are recommending you install ALPHA 1 first, boot up and then go back into CWM and flash ALPHA 3 over the top (NO WIPE). There are other bugs/conflicts I really recommend you visit the thread and read threw starting at the download post below to most current.

LINK TO THREAD: CyanogenMod7 | ALPHA 3 - xda developers

Things we've fixed:
    Cell signal indicator.
    D-Pad orientation.
    3D graphics acceleration.
    Beginnings of video playback. It stutters a bit currently.
    SetCPU-like functionality in CMSettings is fixed.
    Removed many Samsung libs and replaced them with things built from source.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALPHA 1

With that said, a short list of things that DO work.

• Radio works fully - Calling, SMS, Data
    • Bluetooth works for music only.
    • Wifi works fully.
    • Sensors work, but may be slow. Run /system/bin/sensorcalibutil_yamaha in terminal or via adb, place the phone on a flat surface, and hit Enter. Reboot the phone and sensors will function at normal speed.

What does NOT work ::

• GPS
    • Camera
    • HW Acceleration in UI and in video, etc.

Installation instructions and other details available at source thread.
    Last edited by Paul627g; 04-08-2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: ALPHA 4 now available!
    Thanked by:

I feel so tempted to try this!!

ROM
    NuSense ICS

id try it if the devs would release an actual official version and not a port. my viewsonic gtab is running CM7. its cool. dunno if i'd put it on phone permanently tho. i like ACE and having 2 different OS on my devices. keeps android from getting boring.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I will give it a few more days, week.. Let Dameon87 work out some more of the bugs and hit beta then I will check it out.

Where are those Epic skeptics now?? Looks like once again if Sammy doesn't provide it people like Dameon87 will... Gingerbread anyone?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    ROM
    ACE ROM v1.7

is this based off gingerbread?

I've been testdriving this all day. This is a polished alpha. And yes its gingerbread 2.3.3. I can't believe how much is baked in. The rotory lock screen is great. It has most of the options on widget locker but works better. The overscroll glow effect is very nice and you can mix that with the bounce effect. The screen render color options give the possibility of using the phone in low light red mode so it wont disturb photo reactive materials or force your eyes to adjust so much if you're in the darkness. VERY COOL. I exported my contacts to SD, synced to gmail. backed up. 3x wipe and installed the rom. DK28... not sure if it matters. Its compatible with either file system. I use ext. You need to do the sensor fix and reboot then sensors work fine. All my apps synced back in except for iheartradio. No gingerbread support on that one. This is way better than froyo. Can't wait till themes come and a few more bugs worked out. I ran quadrant after changing heap size to 32. Score 1824. And this is with no hardware accell. GPS maxed around 25ish. Some optimizing, kernal support and bug fixes and this will be a monster!

Sent from my Samsung-SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Good to hear.. I will give it that few more days/week and get on it... Finally something new besides Froyo... I'm about sick of Froyo after playing with it since DK28 dropped back in beginning of December.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

I hate to say I'm not gonna be playing with ACE but I have a feeling you may not be either soon
    But I would love to see some of your them work on my phone again.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by unorthatrox View Post
    I hate to say I'm not gonna be playing with ACE but I have a feeling you may not be either soon

I still get my chance to test drive ROMs.. Thing I like about the way I setup ACE is its stable. Its not the type of ROM I have to keep loaded to troubleshoot.
    Paul

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    ROM
    ACE ROM v1.7

too bad you cant have two roms and boot whichever one you are feeling that day without flashing or restoring data. just two separate partitions on the phone. it would be nice.

I could swear I saw a bootloader somewhere along the way when I loaded this rom but can't find it at the moment. I would very much be interested. I've seen plenty of partioning utilities. Shouldn't this be as easy as inserting a bootloader than wipe cache/devlik then change the path to /system to an alternate folder? I'm probably ignorant of some important details here.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Well I broke down early and gave into the pressure... Had to check it out for myself and other reasons...

Looks awesome so far!
    Paul

Did you have any issues with a slow "screen on" at first? I did but it resolved itself.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Haven't had much time in the seat... just got my apps restored and getting things straightened out. I will say so far other than the few things not working this is a very usable ROM. It won't be long and this will be THE ROM.
    Paul

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    ROM
    ACE ROM v1.7

paul - question for you since you have loaded it already. does the messaging app still have the lame text bubbles or is it different now?

i may give it a test this weekend. i guess going to this then back to ace for normal use will get me good at flashing
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I don't go by numbers but those of you who do.... This is without anything done to it....

3 times I ran Quadrant, 1902/1920/1931

Not bad at all out of the box boys and girls.. Get custom kernels running on this thing and it should blow Froyo out of the water no matter what what mods your Froyo ROM is running...
    Paul

ROM
    ACS SyndicateROM Frozen

Does the screen do the old-style TV off animation? It's silly, but I want Gingerbread for that more than anything =D
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by robomav View Post
    paul - question for you since you have loaded it already. does the messaging app still have the lame text bubbles or is it different now?

i may give it a test this weekend. i guess going to this then back to ace for normal use will get me good at flashing
    Different msg look. I like it..

Quote Originally Posted by jrz5024 View Post
    Does the screen do the old-style TV off animation? It's silly, but I want Gingerbread for that more than anything =D
    It should once they get the rest of the bug list resolved. Currently it does not.
    Paul

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    ROM
    ACE ROM v1.7

wow. that is all i can say. i am in the process of going back to ace but i had to see what gingerbread looked like. i would be interested to see how this compares to what a stock version of it from samsung/sprint would look like if it ever happens
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Sammy/Sprint version would have TouchWiz and all the other garbage loaded onto it.. This is pure Gingerbread baby nobody has placed their garbage inside this ROM...
    Paul

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    ROM
    ACE ROM v1.7

i did not do much with it but it was smooth and slick.

new idea ACE 2.0 - Gingerbread!

just kidding paul. i am already back on ace for normal use but i my have to go to it ever once in a while just for fun

ROM
    SyndicateROM/TwilightZone

That night vision mode sounds really cool. Don't like the phone killing my nightvision even on the low setting.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Yes Gingerbread and being a CM ROM in general has some cool options. Can't wait until everything is up and running on this.

ACE 2.0, Gingerbread... I think I will leave that to the pros.... but you never can tell....
    Paul

ROM
    EH17 U. Metamorphosis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Yes Gingerbread and being a CM ROM in general has some cool options. Can't wait until everything is up and running on this.

ACE 2.0, Gingerbread... I think I will leave that to the pros.... but you never can tell....
    Hey Paul, I believe in a few months you will be creating your ACE 2.3 EPIC Final Edition ROM on Gingerbread. I will be one of first people to try it out. I wish I could help you.

Go Paul!!!!
    Thanked by:

Try the lock screen gestures. So slick. Don't have to unlock or crowd my lockscreen with sliders anymore. And you can customize Widgets in the notification bar too. I finally have a use for it.

And note on bootloader... not sure what to do with it yet but long press power > reboot > bootloader... combined with the user administration and profiles and lockable desktop... I'm seeing a phone i can play, work, or hand to my sister's kids without worry.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast