Bonsai v4.0.1 based on Froyo EC05!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I just switched to Bonsai 4.0 with Hero_Overs 1.28 lowest kernal (1.28max-200min conservative). They work well together and so far I'm liking the Bonsai ROM, very smooth and polished. I think I'm going to stay on this one for awhile.

Where do you get this kernel?

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If you don't want to wait and want the kernel now, just donate $5 for lifetime membership to his forums and access to newest development... think of it as buying him a Red Bull for late night coding sessions...

Reactions: Robbie Doo

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
If you don't want to wait and want the kernel now, just donate $5 for lifetime membership to his forums and access to newest development... think of it as buying him a Red Bull for late night coding sessions...

LOL...Thank you, I will. However, there was another kernel, which had Hero at the end of it's tag and I was wondering if it's put out by the same people. It's called Twilight Zone and if anyone knows about it so can give some info.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I actually have to use this kernel since I'm on Syndicate ROM. ACS does not root their ROM, they root their kernel, so if I flashed Hero's kernel I would lose root access since Baked Snack roots the ROM itself and does not depend on the kernel for this. (sure I could root the ROM myself, but this just doesn't seem like it's going to happen with my procrastination problems lol)

With that being said, I still prefer the Baked Snack kernel slightly more than Twilight. The BS kernel seems to make things smoother and consistently more responsive, plus you can be undervolted and overclocked simultaneously whereas with Twilight it is one or the other (battery drains noticeably quicker at 1.2GHz on Twilight vs Baked Snack kernel). However Twilight does have the TWS fix included which is nice, as well as a newer version of VooDoo sound.

Since you're on Bonsai, which has root included in the ROM itself, you can use either kernel. I would give each one a spin and see which you like better/better meets your needs.

Reactions: Robbie Doo

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Rag, Paul, or to anyone else that might know the answer... was the TWS fix in Bonsai 4.0 built into the ROM coding or the kernel coding? The reason I ask is that I'm on 4.0, but as mentioned in previous posts, I'm using a BS kernel (1.28lowest today)... did I lose TWS fix as a result of this, or am I OK?

Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Rag, Paul, or to anyone else that might know the answer... was the TWS fix in Bonsai 4.0 built into the ROM coding or the kernel coding? The reason I ask is that I'm on 4.0, but as mentioned in previous posts, I'm using a BS kernel (1.28lowest today)... did I lose TWS fix as a result of this, or am I OK?

Thanks

TWS bug fix should be in the kernel.. I think the original fix was able to be implemented into the ROM but since then mkasick (he created the patch), and other kernel devs have rolled it into the kernel.

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So in other words, if I'm on Bonsai 4.0 but using the Baked Snack kernel, I don't have the fix anymore? Below is the description of the newest BS batch of kernels, and TWS fix is not mentioned...

Baked Kernel 2.2: (Choices)

-update to voodoo sound v5 (supercurio)
-upped framerate cap
-5 kernel choices (theres a voltage for you!)
-battery charging mods for a fuller charge (nubecoder and some code by me ;)
-tweaked screen timings for smoother response

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So in other words, if I'm on Bonsai 4.0 but using the Baked Snack kernel, I don't have the fix anymore? Below is the description of the newest BS batch of kernels, and TWS fix is not mentioned...

Baked Kernel 2.2: (Choices)

-update to voodoo sound v5 (supercurio)
-upped framerate cap
-5 kernel choices (theres a voltage for you!)
-battery charging mods for a fuller charge (nubecoder and some code by me ;)
-tweaked screen timings for smoother response

Yes that is correct about BS kernel.. TWS patch came out after BS 2.2 kernels were released.

Bonsai may have it in his kernel if not its in the ROM but I doubt Bonsai did the ROM route.

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes that is correct about BS kernel.. TWS patch came out after BS 2.2 kernels were released.

Bonsai may have it in his kernel if not its in the ROM but I doubt Bonsai did the ROM route.

Thanks, so cutting to the chase, I most likely no longer have TWS fix... not a biggie... just have to remember to toggle airplane mode... Bonsai team, if you ever troll over here and it's not too much hassle, could you please build TWS fix into the actual ROM going forward if it's not already?

Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, so cutting to the chase, I most likely no longer have TWS fix... not a biggie... just have to remember to toggle airplane mode... Bonsai team, if you ever troll over here and it's not too much hassle, could you please build TWS fix into the actual ROM going forward if it's not already?

Thanks

I'm sure Hero_Over will have TWS bug fix in his next line of kernels.

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Finally got v4.0 loaded and the modem flashed through Odin. I love the way this ROM runs!

Last but not least, I actually do use some of the Sprint Apps...like NASCAR, Sprint Football and Sprint TV. How do I get them back? Also, any way to get some of the Samsung widgits back?

Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Finally got v4.0 loaded and the modem flashed through Odin. I love the way this ROM runs!

Last but not least, I actually do use some of the Sprint Apps...like NASCAR, Sprint Football and Sprint TV. How do I get them back? Also, any way to get some of the Samsung widgits back?

Thanks

Sprint/Samsung Apps

NOTE: This is only a zip file containing those apps and others. Download it and extract it to a location on your computer. Then you can move whatever apps you want to install to you sdcard.

Sprint apps = Click on them with any file explorer (Astro/Es File Explorer) and they will give you the option to install directly from the sdcard

Samsung apps= These need to be moved to the "/system/app " location on your device. You need to use either Root Explorer from the Market (Cost like $1.99) very well worth the money. Or you can use ES File Explorer to transfer the files to this root access level directory.

I would really recommend Root Explorer, you will use it time and time again down the road for managing apps with custom ROMs. You can delete apps, move, copy, paste, zip and much more with this utility..

Reactions: DesertBullgator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34