Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

wait, is it supposed to say EB13 in the baseband version?

if i have a rooted EB13 with EXT4 support, so all i need to do is flash one of the roms you mentioned and i get the EC05?

Quote Originally Posted by LASuxs View Post
    if i have a rooted EB13 with EXT4 support, so all i need to do is flash one of the roms you mentioned and i get the EC05?
    Yes currently the method Ragnarokx mentioned is all that is available until we get a deodexed stock version of EC05 to work with.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by Officerpolabear View Post
    wait, is it supposed to say EB13 in the baseband version?
    Yes, because that is the modem version. But as I said before, you could update to the EC05 modem if you like, but it is not required.
    Thanked by:

So I converted to ext4 and and installed the bonsai rom that is supposed to be EC05 but has the EB13 modem. Everything is working great except the Blutooth. I was reading through so much yesterday that I forget where I saw it, but I remember seeing something about the Blutooth having issues with one of the installs. Also, I remember having this problem last month with one of the other installs and I feel like one of the roms had a Blutooth fix in it or something. Can anyone help with this?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

I know there are problems with EB13 kernels and certain Bluetooth functionality. I had not yet heard this was still a problem in EC05.

The only fix I know of atm is to revert to RFS.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Procedure 2 - gives root access and converts your RFS filesystem to EXT4

At this time it seems that the only way to get EXT4 on EC05 is to come from EB13 that has already been converted to EXT4. If you would like to go this route, follow the steps below.

0. If you're not already on EB13 with EXT4, follow Step 1 and Step 2 in this thread before continuing.

1 Assuming that you are now on Froyo EB13 with an EXT4 filesystem, download an EC05 ROM with EXT4 support such as or the slightly tweaked version of Bonsai, . Place the ROM on the root (not in a folder) of your SD card.

2. Turn off your phone, and then hold these buttons: volume down+camera+power, until you see the Clockwork screen that has orange text. Go to Backup and restore>backup to create a backup of your system before continuing.

3. Now you're ready to flash the ROM. Go to: install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>(navigate to the ROM .zip file on your SD card)>(select it using the camera button)>yes. The ROM will now be flashed. Once the flashing is complete, you can reboot and enjoy your new EXT4 filesystem on EC05

Important Notes
    You must boot into Clockwork v3.0.0.6 by turning off your phone and holding volume down+camera+power buttons. If you boot into Clockwork using a program like ROM Manager or Quickboot, you will get errors.

A quick way to manually boot into Clockwork is to press volume up+camera+power buttons to reset your phone, then immediately hold volume down+camera+power buttons until you see the recovery screen with orange text.

Also, as long as you have EXT4 in place you can only flash ROMs and kernels with EXT4 support. To flash a ROM or kernel without EXT4 support, you must use Odin to return to stock.

Any flashable zips you want to install must by compatible with the new Clockwork v3.0.0.6. This will be explicitly indicated, or there will be a note saying the zip is using the new Edify script (as opposed to the old Amend script).

My text is green not orange and when I try to install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card > I don't see anything that says ROM... the only .zip file I have is update.zip and I think that was from EB13 update.zip. Am I missing something?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

If your Clockwork has green text, you skipped Step 0.

trying to install EC05 on 2.2 on epic 4g. This is where is ends up freezing up on the install every time. Have rebooted phone and pc multiple times and drivers and everything else is fine. Original one click made by joeykrim and one click installer made by noobnl and f
    iron
    busybox by skeeterslint
    Press any key to continue . . .
    * daemon not running. starting it now *
    * daemon started successfully *
    Copy and run the exploit (may take up to two minutes). Ignore messages about re-
    logging in.
    If more than five minutes pass, reboot the phone and try again.
    84 KB/s (5392 bytes in 0.062s)
    2 KB/s (43 bytes in 0.015s)[*] CVE-2010-EASY Android local root exploit (C) 2010 by 743C
    [*] checking NPROC limit ...
    [+] RLIMIT_NPROC={2662, 2662}[*] Searching for adb ...
    [+] Found adb as PID 2361[*] Spawning children. Dont type anything and wait for reset![*][*] If you like what we are doing you can send us PayPal money to[*] so we can compensate time, effort and HW costs.[*] If you are a company and feel like you profit from our work,[*] we also accept donations > 1000 USD![*][*] adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login.
    Wait for phone to reconnect...
    Mount system as r/w, cleanup old files, do some basic configuration
    75 KB/s (4793 bytes in 0.062s)
    rm failed for /system/app/Asphalt5_DEMO_ANMP_Samsung_D700_Sprint_ML.apk, No such
    file or directory
    rm failed for /system/app/FreeHDGameDemos.apk, No such file or directory
    Copying files onto phone...
    411 KB/s (26264 bytes in 0.062s)
    168 KB/s (196521 bytes in 1.138s)
    406 KB/s (486948 bytes in 1.170s)
    5 KB/s (479 bytes in 0.078s)
    Setting permissions...
    Installing busybox...
    Installing clockworkmod redirector
    31 KB/s (6473 bytes in 0.202s)
    push: recoveryfiles/recovery -> /system/bin/recoveryfiles/recovery
    push: recoveryfiles/postrecoveryboot.sh -> /system/bin/recoveryfiles/postrecover
    yboot.sh
    push: recoveryfiles/nandroid-md5.sh -> /system/bin/recoveryfiles/nandroid-md5.sh

push: recoveryfiles/fix_permissions -> /system/bin/recoveryfiles/fix_permissions

push: recoveryfiles/adbd -> /system/bin/recoveryfiles/adbd
    5 files pushed. 0 files skipped.
    320 KB/s (895126 bytes in 2.730s)
    push: recoveryres/images/progress_bar_right_round.png -> /system/bin/recoveryres
    /images/progress_bar_right_round.png
    push: recoveryres/images/progress_bar_left_round.png -> /system/bin/recoveryres/
    images/progress_bar_left_round.png
    push: recoveryres/images/progress_bar_fill.png -> /system/bin/recoveryres/images
    /progress_bar_fill.png
    push: recoveryres/images/progress_bar_empty_right_round.png -> /system/bin/recov
    eryres/images/progress_bar_empty_right_round.png
    push: recoveryres/images/progress_bar_empty_left_round.png -> /system/bin/recove
    ryres/images/progress_bar_empty_left_round.png
    push: recoveryres/images/progress_bar_empty.png -> /system/bin/recoveryres/image
    s/progress_bar_empty.png
    push: recoveryres/images/indeterminate6.png -> /system/bin/recoveryres/images/in
    determinate6.png
    push: recoveryres/images/indeterminate5.png -> /system/bin/recoveryres/images/in
    determinate5.png
    push: recoveryres/images/indeterminate4.png -> /system/bin/recoveryres/images/in
    determinate4.png
    push: recoveryres/images/indeterminate3.png -> /system/bin/recoveryres/images/in
    determinate3.png
    push: recoveryres/images/indeterminate2.png -> /system/bin/recoveryres/images/in
    determinate2.png
    push: recoveryres/images/indeterminate1.png -> /system/bin/recoveryres/images/in
    determinate1.png
    push: recoveryres/images/icon_installing.png -> /system/bin/recoveryres/images/i
    con_installing.png

So, just to clarify, there is no way (currently) to convert to EXT4 if you already rooted/installed EC05 with PAUL627g's method (which is working great)? If we have to wait for a EXT4 conversion, will there be a link in this thread to that so we can all update? I REALLY, really like EXT4 not just for custom ROMs but for the speed of accessing files -- it friggin' flies!!

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

Really? I did the root paul's way first but then did the ext4 method afterwards (reason why I did rfs first was because the ext4 method that worked wasn't posted up). Also can flashing a deodexed rom make your deodexed as well?

Really? I did the root paul's way first but then did the ext4 method afterwards (reason why I did rfs first was because the ext4 method that worked wasn't posted up). Also can flashing a deodexed rom make your deodexed as well?
    Deodexed, cannot be achieved by flashing anything. It is a process of a developer taking the ROM and by use of a script or other means taking the files and converting them from "odex" to "deodexed".

So basically what I'm saying is until we have an stock deodexed version of EC05 you have 2 other choices. Bonsai and midNIGHT which are custom ROMs and not in stock form anymore.
    Paul

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

Okay but will having an odexed rom be slower than a deodexed rom? from what I remember, all deodexed roms do is allow people to add on to the rom easier or something like that

ROM
    CM9 Beta2 ICS 4.0.4

Paul, the Midnight ROM v5 BYOR edition, is this ROM ext4 compatible or is it the Standard edition ext4? or are they both ext4? Thanks for your help.

Okay but will having an odexed rom be slower than a deodexed rom? from what I remember, all deodexed roms do is allow people to add on to the rom easier or something like that
    Odex ROMs run faster..

But you can't really do much to a odex ROM.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
    Paul, the Midnight ROM v5 BYOR edition, is this ROM ext4 compatible or is it the Standard edition ext4? or are they both ext4? Thanks for your help.
    I have only ran Bonsai for a few hours but midNIGHT v5 and Bonsai v4.0.0 are both deodexed, EXT4.
    Paul

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

Oh so if I don't really theme my roms, then it won't be a problem for me?

How about Genocide overclock kernel? Is that an option with the EC05 update?

do i have to convert to ext4 to flash bonsi? or can i just flash over stock rooted ec05?

edit, and if so, does bluetooh work with bonsi leafless?
    Last edited by evilsock; 03-26-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Oh so if I don't really theme my roms, then it won't be a problem for me?
    You got it. If your basically looking for stock, and the option to remove bloat and use some root access required apps like Titanium Backup or MyBackup Root, maybe Wireless Tethering then the RFS/Odex is perfect for you.

Quote Originally Posted by evilsock View Post
    do i have to convert to ext4 to flash bonsi? or can i just flash over stock rooted ec05?

edit, and if so, does bluetooh work with bonsi leafless?
    You need to convert to EXT4, follow the instructions. Last I tried yes, voice dialing was working and that was always the problem in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by baconnbitz2010 View Post
    How about Genocide overclock kernel? Is that an option with the EC05 update?
    Worth a shot, I don't see why not. Just make a Nandroid Backup in CWM before you flash just incase something goes wrong you can boot back into CWM and restore your backup.
    Paul

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

Okay thanks for the help

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I installed Bonsai, and it's missing the Samsung Task Manager widget, and I no longer see the clock in the notification bar.

Does the midNIGHT rom have this?

Yeah, I'm hoping for a stock EC05 ext4 rom, and I don't care if it's odexed or deodexed.

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

well there's an add on to restore the clock. it should be on xda-developers or the bonsai website

Question

Worth a shot, I don't see why not. Just make a Nandroid Backup in CWM before you flash just incase something goes wrong you can boot back into CWM and restore your backup.[/QUOTE]

So, to clarify, I'm on the green (CWM 2.5.1.0) after doing your EC05 update/root all-in-one. To do a Nandroid backup, I:

Entered CWM by holding down Up+Camera+Power and then shifted quickly to Down+Camera+Power.

Scrolled down to "backup and restore" tab.
    Hit Camera button
    Scrolled to the "backup" option
    Let it run thru the sequence.

Is that it? The items it said it was backing up appeared to be all the items on the phone --> Just gotta be sure -- My wife will kill me if I have to spend another weekend day getting my phone back in order!

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bonsai 4.1.1 RC6

When I try to download the one click root method in first post MY pc won't download it. Says its a trojan. What do I do about that.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast