Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Temporarily disable your anti-virus software and try again. Depending on your software, you can scan the computer and list it as "safe" if it comes up on the scan. I have Kaspersky Anti-virus installed and that's what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by baconnbitz2010 View Post
    Worth a shot, I don't see why not. Just make a Nandroid Backup in CWM before you flash just incase something goes wrong you can boot back into CWM and restore your backup.
    So, to clarify, I'm on the green (CWM 2.5.1.0) after doing your EC05 update/root all-in-one. To do a Nandroid backup, I:

Entered CWM by holding down Up+Camera+Power and then shifted quickly to Down+Camera+Power.

Scrolled down to "backup and restore" tab.
    Hit Camera button
    Scrolled to the "backup" option
    Let it run thru the sequence.

Is that it? The items it said it was backing up appeared to be all the items on the phone --> Just gotta be sure -- My wife will kill me if I have to spend another weekend day getting my phone back in order! [/QUOTE]
    Yep that's it. That's a complete backup of your devices, os, data, settings, contacts, kernel,c theme, etc.... so if something goes wrong when you flash the kernel all you have to do is get back to CWM and use the restore option.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bonsai 4.1.1 RC6

Thanks bacon!

If I want to add Superuser to my Epic, do I have to Odin back to EB13 then download EC05 from here and Odin my phone again? Just asking....

Quote Originally Posted by citiz View Post
    If I want to add Superuser to my Epic, do I have to Odin back to EB13 then download EC05 from here and Odin my phone again? Just asking....

You can use this Odin package below. It will give you root access (Superuser) and EC05 all in one shot, plus you won't loose your data.

[Odin-EC05] Froyo EC05 Prerooted/CWM v2.5.1.0 RFS (Odexed)
    Paul

HOw did you root your EC05? That's really all I want....

I got Ec05 as an OTA update so far NOTHING is working to root it :/ Z4 just runs endlessly as does super one click. I want root to disable the bloatware.

I can't boot into Clockwork Recovery. NOTHING happens....

In order to boot in to Stock recovery, I have to hold down Camera, Vol Down, and Power until it vibrates. THen I have to release the power button and press it again or it will not boot at all.

Holding Camera, Vol UP and Power makes the phone boot normally :/

I'm kinda out of ideas short of flashing a prerooted image and loosing everything :/

Quote Originally Posted by Morrighu View Post
    HOw did you root your EC05? That's really all I want....
    Yes I also just want to root my OTA update to EC05, and be able to freez or delete the bloatware. The above method states you have to be on the last fryo update of EB13 or what ever its called.
    TIA

Quote Originally Posted by dug13 View Post
    Yes I also just want to root my OTA update to EC05, and be able to freez or delete the bloatware. The above method states you have to be on the last fryo update of EB13 or what ever its called.
    TIA
    If you are already on EC05 then all you need to do is follow procedure #1 in the OP of this thread.
    Paul

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

Turn off antivirus software? I think it would make sense cuz that's what an antivirus software does

I am currently on EC05 through the OTA update and am having issues. I want to reinstall the EC05 ROM with the EX4 file system because it looks pretty appealing. Forgive my noob-ness but this is how I am seeing I need to do.....

I will root my phone using the second post in this thread. Then I will go to the other thread listed on step 0 of procedure 1 on the third post of this thread and "downgrade" my phone to EB13. Then I will choose an EX4 ROM that I like and finish procedure 2.

Then, after that, I am on EC05 with a rooted phone, better file system, and a "cooler" ROM than stock. Am I understanding the steps correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    If your Clockwork has green text, you skipped Step 0.

I did the Froyo EC05 Prerooted/ClockWorkMod v2.5.1.0 (RFS Filesystem) Odexed. NO DATA WIPE/LOSS and then followed Paul's instructions to jump to Procedure 2 and Step 2, which means I should have never looked at step 0. So are you saying Paul is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by SooprmanX View Post
    I am currently on EC05 through the OTA update and am having issues. I want to reinstall the EC05 ROM with the EX4 file system because it looks pretty appealing. Forgive my noob-ness but this is how I am seeing I need to do.....

I will root my phone using the second post in this thread. Then I will go to the other thread listed on step 0 of procedure 1 on the third post of this thread and "downgrade" my phone to EB13. Then I will choose an EX4 ROM that I like and finish procedure 2.

Then, after that, I am on EC05 with a rooted phone, better file system, and a "cooler" ROM than stock. Am I understanding the steps correctly?
    Yes, currently that is the only way to get to a deodexed custom ROM running EXT4 filesystem.

Bottom line there has been very little development with EC05. The devs are hesitant to start working on it, there was a holdup in getting the required files needed to start building ROMs and we still haven't gotten an official .tar from Sprint or Sammy.
    Paul

ROM
    EH17 U. Metamorphosis 2.0

My phone is on baked snack 2.2 and it will stay for a while. I love this rom. I do not have any complain. I am not going to buy a new phone such as Nexsus S or Evo 3d. Because my epic is just about getting Gingerbread as soon as Dameon87 have his Gingerbread rom up and running
    Last edited by tomy2001; 03-27-2011 at 09:13 PM.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

Quote Originally Posted by ineyeseekay View Post
    I did the Froyo EC05 Prerooted/ClockWorkMod v2.5.1.0 (RFS Filesystem) Odexed. NO DATA WIPE/LOSS and then followed Paul's instructions to jump to Procedure 2 and Step 2, which means I should have never looked at step 0. So are you saying Paul is wrong?
    It doesn't matter what you did in the past - you can't skip steps if you want EXT4 on EC05.

Sent by a little green robot

ROM
    EH17 U. Metamorphosis 2.0

Since there are not some many custom rom working on EC05. I will not get the new update EC05 until I see a good custom rom that I like.

Quote Originally Posted by tomy2001 View Post
    Since there are not some many custom rom working on EC05. I will not get the new update EC05 until I see a good custom rom that I like.
    Good idea.. Heck I would still be running leaked DK28 if it wasn't so outdated now...
    Paul

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

Quote Originally Posted by tomy2001 View Post
    Exactly why I'm on EB13 still. Loving Baked Snack too much to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Exactly why I'm on EB13 still. Loving Baked Snack too much to switch.

^ Exactly.... He's making me do all the dirty work flashing new ROMs this time around... LOL... I think I got the short straw on the draw..

Paul

Default help pleaze

i need help installing a rom on my samsung epic i have rom manager and i am fully rooted someone told me that rom manager doesnt work with epic

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

To install a ROM, place it to the root of your sdcard, go into cwm, go to install from sd card, then to choose zip from sd card, and flash your ROM from there. But make sure it is the same filesystem as yours!
    Thanked by:
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    ^ Exactly.... He's making me do all the dirty work flashing new ROMs this time around... LOL... I think I got the short straw on the draw..

I think I served my time on DK28 =P
    Thanked by:

need help pleaze

im confused sorry im a nooby i have rom manager
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

The first thing you need to do is uninstall ROM Manager (broken for the Epic). After you do that, post your question.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast