[Root] Samsung Epic 4G Official Froyo EC05 w/Optional EXT4

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
hey guys just FYI i would highly recommend using drockstars all in one rooter, its for windows/mac/linux and has a crapload of options and hes working on a new version :D

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If that is what Shabbypenguin was referring to, it looks like it won't do us much good atm:
***SORRY, AIO v2.04 IS CURRENTLY BROKEN FOR EB13, FIX IS COMING ASAP, USE ONE CLICK ROOT FOR NOW***

***WARNING NOT TO BE USED WITH ANY SUPPOSED LAGFIX, IT WILL SCREW UP YOUR SYSTEM AND YOU WILL NEED ODIN TO RESTORE***

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
How come procedure 2 leaves out the info on run.bat and running the one click for Ext4? I just ran through the process and flashed syndicate v1.1(from stock EC05 rooted) and all is working. Thanks again for all the work you guys do.

nickf914

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
please help a brother out :)

How come procedure 2 leaves out the info on run.bat and running the one click for Ext4? I just ran through the process and flashed syndicate v1.1(from stock EC05 rooted) and all is working. Thanks again for all the work you guys do.

I am coming from rooted ec05 stock....can u just give me. Quick bulletted list of the steps yu took to get to acs ec05...thanks

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I am coming from rooted ec05 stock....can u just give me. Quick bulletted list of the steps yu took to get to acs ec05...thanks

1. Download One click root EXT4(credit K0nane) here [ROM][ACS] SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.0 (Takiya) :: EC05/1.3ghz/NoCheckboarding :: 3/27 - xda-developers. See post #2 installation notes.

2. Download the rom you want, I recommend syndicate v1.1(because it worked for me)

3. Place rom on SD card

4. Disconnect phone from computer

5. Go setting>applications>development>enable usb debugging

6. Extract files from oneclick.zip to a folder

7. reconnect phone

8. open recently extracted files, double click on the rub.bat file, when cmd prompt comes up hit enter

9. let it run in may take several minutes, your phone will restart.

10. shut off phone

11. Boot into CWM (use the vol down + camera + power method)

12. It will back up and convert to EXT4....this takes close to 10 minutes with back up.

13. When is finishes using CWM, select install zip from sd card, select EC05 rom, install.

14. Restart

Notes: If it doesn't work perfectly try reflashing the rom.
Notice the directions are the exact same as the first post of this thread, only difference is when you finish boot into CWM then flash a rom. I did not have luck flashing the bonsai rom and have not tried any other.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
do we have a deodexed version available yet?

and i'm running eb13 with the ec05 modem. flashed in odin. the rom i'm using (SRF 1.1, wish i was on 1.0.3 still but w.e >.<) works fine. will i be able to flash other roms that were designed for eb13 onto it, or will the different modem screw things up? (ie-if i wanted to say, go back to ACE or a similar pre-ec05 rom would it work, or should i just port the parts i like into a newer rom like i've been doing?)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
do we have a deodexed version available yet?

and i'm running eb13 with the ec05 modem. flashed in odin. the rom i'm using (SRF 1.1, wish i was on 1.0.3 still but w.e >.<) works fine. will i be able to flash other roms that were designed for eb13 onto it, or will the different modem screw things up? (ie-if i wanted to say, go back to ACE or a similar pre-ec05 rom would it work, or should i just port the parts i like into a newer rom like i've been doing?)
No deodexed stock version of EC05 available yet.

If you are on EB13 and flash a EC05 based ROM you can simply return to running EB13 ROMs by just doing your wipe 3x and flash a the ROM.

Some EB13 ROMs may give trouble if they have the EB13 modem in the install script like ACE.

sorakun_skyboy

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Help: How to go from EC05 to EB13? (No wipe?)

Hello! Very new to this sort of thing, so thanks for your patience.

I sincerely hope that I'm in the right forum for help with this-- I read over a handful of threads, and I'm not sure if what I want to do is possible?

I didn't do any sort of modification to my phone, and I received OTA Froyo EC05. I'm having more issues with my phone (GPS works about 5% of the time when there used to be no problems, bad orientation lag, etc), while my boyfriend was impatient and went to EB13 right away and got a custom ROM. It was silly for me not to as well. haha.

What I'm trying to do now is get to a point where I can put on a custom ROM, and from what I understand (http://forum.androidcentral.com/epi...o-ec05-w-optional-ext4-new-updated-2-a-7.html ) I need to go BACK to EB13, get EXT4, then upgrade again to EC05//Whatever mod I'd like?

Since I'm already on EC05 and I have not done any sort of modification, is the only option for me to wipe all of my data? I want to keep all my apps/phone contacts (I really, really hate using gmail/google...)/text messages if humanly possible.

-------------
TL;DR version:
I was following steps from link above and at: http://forum.androidcentral.com/epi...c-4g-official-froyo-eb13-w-optional-ext4.html but I ran into a problem.

I rooted my phone (the one click root exploit) on EC05 before any of the other steps that were listed, so I hope that's not what causes this issue, but when I booted my phone up (Down volume+camera+power) I couldn't install "EB13-stock-deodex.zip" like they asked you do in the first step, got through the green screen but said,
"script aborted (no error message) error in /sdcard/eb13....(name of the zip)
(Status 7)"

Is there a way to do this outside of completely losing my data?

-------

Sorry, but when you join this thing so late in the game, there's a loooot of new material. :(

Edit: I paid more attention to when i pressed downvol+camera+power:

I have ClockworkMod 2.5.1.0 installed. If I were to do a backup (Nandroid, right?), could I just use Odin steps that wipe my phone to change my file system and install a custom rom, then restore the backup? Or would this backup literally bring me back to EC05? (I'm assuming the file system would be changed though, correct?)

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Download MyBackup Root and backup your apps+data, contacts and whatever else you need. Then boot into Clockwork and make a backup there as well.

MyBackup Root should allow you to restore everything once you're done, and you'll have the Clockwork backup there just in case as well.

sorakun_skyboy

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So use Mybackup root and then try the Odin/factory reset way? If all fails, use Clockwork backup to go back to EC05?
---If I go back to EC05, does my file system stay if I change it to EXT4?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So use Mybackup root and then try the Odin/factory reset way?

Yes. However since you're on an odexed system now, and will be on a deodexed system after going to a custom ROM, you will need to download your apps and then restore data only using MyBackup Root. Restoring odexed apps on a deodexed system will cause problems. Restoring contacts shouldn't be a problem.

If all fails, use Clockwork backup to go back to EC05?
---If I go back to EC05, does my file system stay if I change it to EXT4?

If all else fails you can use this Odin method to return to EC05 w/ClockworkMod2 and then restore your Clockwork backup (EXT4 uses ClockworkMod3, so you'll need to get ClockworkMod2 back first).

aqr01

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
eveytime i try it tells me rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin is missing. tried mutiple downloads to see if program was bad but no dice

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That is a file that is included in the zip you download. When you extract the one click root zip make sure you keep all the files in the same folder.

Sent by a little green robot

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
1. Download One click root EXT4(credit K0nane) here [ROM][ACS] SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.0 (Takiya) :: EC05/1.3ghz/NoCheckboarding :: 3/27 - xda-developers. See post #2 installation notes.

2. Download the rom you want, I recommend syndicate v1.1(because it worked for me)

3. Place rom on SD card

4. Disconnect phone from computer

5. Go setting>applications>development>enable usb debugging

6. Extract files from oneclick.zip to a folder

7. reconnect phone

8. open recently extracted files, double click on the rub.bat file, when cmd prompt comes up hit enter

9. let it run in may take several minutes, your phone will restart.

10. shut off phone

11. Boot into CWM (use the vol down + camera + power method)

12. It will back up and convert to EXT4....this takes close to 10 minutes with back up.

13. When is finishes using CWM, select install zip from sd card, select EC05 rom, install.

14. Restart

Notes: If it doesn't work perfectly try reflashing the rom.
Notice the directions are the exact same as the first post of this thread, only difference is when you finish boot into CWM then flash a rom. I did not have luck flashing the bonsai rom and have not tried any other.

I used this method everything appeared to go fine it converted to cwm3 with orange writing, after it was done prior to loading a new rom it asked to reboot i did now its stuck on the samsung screen even after battery pulls?

edit: appears to be working now, booted into cwm and running a backup :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1