[Odin-EC05] Froyo EC05 Prerooted/CWM v2.5.1.0 RFS (Odexed)

downsouth11

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else not have the music widget? I also only have 6 "Recent" programs pop up when I try to multi-task. Should it be 8?

Thanks for the update all around though.

EpicAl

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Worked exactly as advertised. Went from rooted EB13 to EC05 w/o an data loss. Nice job, guys!

BTW - Did anyone notice in EB13 that the Ace WiFi Config editor caused their phone to go into some kind of crazy loop that drained the battery in a matter of minutes and slowed everything else down to a crawl? This happened to me numerous times -- each time I had to completely wipe the device to get rid of whatever was causing the issue -- even uninstalling Ace Wifi didn't make it go away.

If you did notice this behavior in EB13, what about EC05? I'm afraid to load Ace WiFi now.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone still receiving OTA for DI18? I thought the updates were supposed to be rolled out between 3/21 - 3/24 but never received mine.

Check this thread for the latest OTA developments.

how come when I download the EC05 .rar file it doesnt download as a file I can unzip??? downloaded twice....

What link are you using to download?

Anyone else not have the music widget? I also only have 6 "Recent" programs pop up when I try to multi-task. Should it be 8?

Thanks for the update all around though.

Hopefully someone else can answer this - I'm back on EB13 atm and never use the music widget or stock task manager.

Worked exactly as advertised. Went from rooted EB13 to EC05 w/o an data loss. Nice job, guys!

BTW - Did anyone notice in EB13 that the Ace WiFi Config editor caused their phone to go into some kind of crazy loop that drained the battery in a matter of minutes and slowed everything else down to a crawl? This happened to me numerous times -- each time I had to completely wipe the device to get rid of whatever was causing the issue -- even uninstalling Ace Wifi didn't make it go away.

If you did notice this behavior in EB13, what about EC05? I'm afraid to load Ace WiFi now.

You can always make a nandroid backup in Clockwork and then test the app. Worst case scenario just restore using Clockwork.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Never use ROM Manager, it is broken for the Epic.

Turn off your phone, and then hold these buttons: volume down+camera+power, until you see the recovery screen that says ClockworkMod Recovery at the top. Go to Backup and restore>backup to create a backup of your system.

bladeap

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for this post, I've been scouring through this thread for about an hour now and it's becoming repetitive and/or confusing.

I did the manual update a month ago when the EB13 update came on because I was on DK28 before that and OTA was not possible. And my phone is not "rooted." My question is will I get an OTA for EC05 now? Or am I gonna have to wait for a working update.zip for EB13 users?

I read in the thread that using the NO DATA LOSS update will root my phone along with the update in the process? I dont want to root my phone if at all possible. I've heard rooting voids your warranty and I don't want that to happen...

EpicAl

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ack!! Too late with your warning. I installed ROM Manager, did the "Fix Permissions" thing, tried to boot into recovery and now the Epic seems to be cooked.

I can boot it to the CWM screen but it doesn,t want to do anything else. Selecting the "Reboot now" option just turns on the red LED and the backlighting for the menu buttons.

I even tried re-flashing to EC05 with Odin, but when it reboots, it just goes to the CWM boot screen. What's my next step?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for this post, I've been scouring through this thread for about an hour now and it's becoming repetitive and/or confusing.

I did the manual update a month ago when the EB13 update came on because I was on DK28 before that and OTA was not possible. And my phone is not "rooted." My question is will I get an OTA for EC05 now? Or am I gonna have to wait for a working update.zip for EB13 users?

I read in the thread that using the NO DATA LOSS update will root my phone along with the update in the process? I dont want to root my phone if at all possible. I've heard rooting voids your warranty and I don't want that to happen...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/sprint-epic-4g/70196-sprint-samsung-epic-4g-official-froyo-ec05-update-zip-method-custom-odin-packages.html#post748041

Ack!! Too late with your warning. I installed ROM Manager, did the "Fix Permissions" thing, tried to boot into recovery and now the Epic seems to be cooked.

I can boot it to the CWM screen but it doesn,t want to do anything else. Selecting the "Reboot now" option just turns on the red LED and the backlighting for the menu buttons.

I even tried re-flashing to EC05 with Odin, but when it reboots, it just goes to the CWM boot screen. What's my next step?

Don't use ROM Manager to boot into Clockwork, it is broken. Boot into Clockwork using the method in my previous post.

EpicAl

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I pulled the battery, rebooted into CWM via the method in your previous post. Now I cant get the Epic to boot normally. I'm wondering if the "Fix Permissions" from ROM Manager hosed me up...

I can't seem to get past the CWM boot screen. All options (selected via the Home button) just make the Epic sit there and do nothing. Same result for any option.

Electricity

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Sweet deal, this worked perfectly for me the first try, and only took about 3 minutes (minus d/l time).
My question now is, how do I get rid off all the bloatware? Do I need a custom rom for that? If so, which ones will work with the epic on EC05?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: Electricity

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I pulled the battery, rebooted into CWM via the method in your previous post. Now I cant get the Epic to boot normally. I'm wondering if the "Fix Permissions" from ROM Manager hosed me up...

I can't seem to get past the CWM boot screen. All options (selected via the Home button) just make the Epic sit there and do nothing. Same result for any option.

Stay away from ROM Manager. It causes nothing but problems with our Epic devices. Use CWM to do all your flashing of ROM, themes, etc. Backups/restores too.