Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any perfected versions of Gingerbread?

I have never rooted but am interested if there is a "Perfected" version of the Gingerbread.
    any clues?

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    ROM
    ACE ROM v1.7

not yet but this is where it will be when there is one:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/epic...alpha-1-a.html
    Rom - ACE v1.7
    Theme - TER Mini Theme v1.8
    Kernel - Genocide v.03a

Quote Originally Posted by JonOvalle View Post
    I have never rooted but am interested if there is a "Perfected" version of the Gingerbread.
    any clues?
    Only version of Gingerbread we are most likely going to see on the Epic 4g is the Cyanogen Mod 7. Unless Samsung pulls a hat trick on us, I think Froyo EC05 is our final official destination.

See the above post for link.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

So I have a noobish question. I am running EB13 syndicate Frozen 1.0.2, and I want to try CM7. Can I make a backup in CWM, wipe x3, flash CM7, try it out then wipe 3x again and flash my backup to get back to where I currently am?

I should know this, but I have never used a backup yet. I have always reflashed and redownloaded everything, that sucks.
    SFR 1.1.0 with the Twilight Zone Kernel, EXT4 and EC05

Quote Originally Posted by eck74 View Post
    So I have a noobish question. I am running EB13 syndicate Frozen 1.0.2, and I want to try CM7. Can I make a backup in CWM, wipe x3, flash CM7, try it out then wipe 3x again and flash my backup to get back to where I currently am?

I should know this, but I have never used a backup yet. I have always reflashed and redownloaded everything, that sucks.
    Yes you can try it. By all rights it should work, worst case senerio once you restore your backup and boot up you may get fc's and have to wipe and reflash and start over on Syndicate
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

Hehe, I havent gotten a chance to get to know Froyo yet...