update to ec05 vs DK28

bojackson

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there much of a benefit for updating to EC05 and rooting? Right now im running dk28 rooted with midnight 3.2 BYOR edition. i have working gps accurate to 2 meters, quadrant scores in the high 1700s, and no major force closes. my only issue is i cant play words with friends for some reason lol, so i play wordfeud instead.

Anyways, i basically want to know if there are any features that i am missing out on by sticking with dk28. i dont care about sprint id and 1700 quadrant score is fast enough for me so i dont care about overclocking either.

thanks in advance

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is there much of a benefit for updating to EC05 and rooting? Right now im running dk28 rooted with midnight 3.2 BYOR edition. i have working gps accurate to 2 meters, quadrant scores in the high 1700s, and no major force closes. my only issue is i cant play words with friends for some reason lol, so i play wordfeud instead.

Anyways, i basically want to know if there are any features that i am missing out on by sticking with dk28. i dont care about sprint id and 1700 quadrant score is fast enough for me so i dont care about overclocking either.

thanks in advance

Not really... If your happy with DK28 (which I was) then go right ahead and hang out. You can update at any time, we will always have the manual update.zip methods available or optional Odin packages.

As far as the Words with Friends, do you have AdFree installed? Possibly midNIGHT has the "host" file baked into the ROM blocking access.. Try installing AdFree from the Market and hit Revert and see if that restores your use of Words with Friends.

Reactions: bojackson

bojackson

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
hmmm, ill give that a shot. i used to have adfree, thought it was the problem so i got rid of it. i didnt try to revert though.

thanks for the input too, i suppose ill stick with dk28 until i find something i like more.

EDIT: that fixed words with friends for now at least haha. thanks again

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech