Can I spoof the phone ID for MLB At Bat 11?

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
MLB promised that with their new "mlb at bat 2011" it wil be possible to watch live games (with subscription). However since it took so long for sprint/samsung to update the epic to official froyo, the epic is not one of the android phones that are supported for the live games. The only sprint phone supported for mlb.tv is the evo. There are other phones that are also supported such as the Nexus S.
I was wondering if its possible to spoof the epic into thinking that its an evo or a nexus s, so that mlb.tv will work. I'm rooted but never installed any custom roms. But I remember reading something about a rom (maybe bonsai?) that it uses nexus s keys etc. so if anyone with more knowledge than me can help me I would appreciate it. I'm ready dying to be able to watch live baseball games on my epic!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
But I remember reading something about a rom (maybe bonsai?) that it uses nexus s keys etc. so if anyone with more knowledge than me can help me I would appreciate it. I'm ready dying to be able to watch live baseball games on my epic!

What you're referring to is the fingerprint in build.prop for the Market, which is changed so you can see and download more apps. For something like MLB, the app itself would need to be modified. If I hear anything in the future about this I'll post here for you.

Reactions: adlebo