Flash Back to EB13 Modem from EC05

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the EC05 modem before going to Syndicate Frozen 1.1 and am having some issues with very slow data speeds. Should I just try reflashing the modem or do I need to go back to the EB13 modem first?

I have been searching for a flashable EB13 modem zip but no luck. Does this exist in case I go back to Baked Snack 2.3?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the EC05 modem before going to Syndicate Frozen 1.1 and am having some issues with very slow data speeds. Should I just try reflashing the modem or do I need to go back to the EB13 modem first?

I have been searching for a flashable EB13 modem zip but no luck. Does this exist in case I go back to Baked Snack 2.3?

I have been meaning to make a EB13 modem flashable zip. I will get that up soon. I would try flashing the EC05 modem again and see if it resolves anything.

Sent from my Epic 4g....

frankwhite8536

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I see this modem mentioned alot. what is the significance of the EB01/13 vs EC05 modem?

I'm on EC05 Syndicate Frozen and I think I have good connection, but is this something i should concern myself with?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I see this modem mentioned alot. what is the significance of the EB01/13 vs EC05 modem?

I'm on EC05 Syndicate Frozen and I think I have good connection, but is this something i should concern myself with?

If you feel your connection speeds are fine then don't worry about it. Some people claim to have better down/upload speeds on the new EC05 modem and others say its worse or no real change.

Reactions: frankwhite8536

cowboy9

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I, too have unuseable data speeds. Have tried most avail. kernels to no avail. (groooan...) . Am now on midnight byor, still no luck. When a back patch is ready, would it just be a modem flash and we can keep current configuration? Oh, and it seems like 4g on the handset is fine, just slow when tethered.(easytether...has been amazing). Could this ec05 be a way for sprint to try and get those of us who ditched the Hotspot back? Hmmmm...(I mean grrrrr...)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I, too have unuseable data speeds. Have tried most avail. kernels to no avail. (groooan...) . Am now on midnight byor, still no luck. When a back patch is ready, would it just be a modem flash and we can keep current configuration? Oh, and it seems like 4g on the handset is fine, just slow when tethered.(easytether...has been amazing). Could this ec05 be a way for sprint to try and get those of us who ditched the Hotspot back? Hmmmm...(I mean grrrrr...)
I haven't tried loading any EC05 ROMs without the EC05 modem yet. I know you can run either modem on EB13.

Incase anyone is looking here is the EB13 modem.tar to flash in Odin.

EB13 modem.tar (Flash in Odin.) Place it in the PDA slot on Odin, select only Auto Reboot and hit Start. Should only take about 30 seconds.

Like I mentioned before I haven't had time but I will try to get a flashable version for CWM 3.0.0.6 ready.

Reactions: tc1668 and qbking77

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007