Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default mixed themes

Slight annoyance here.

I flashed bionix black. Didn't quite like it, so I wiped x3 the cache and dalvik cae and reflashed matted blues. Now I have a hybrid theme. Kind of annoying. I could do a nandroid backup, but that is a little inconvienient.

Ideas?
    Last edited by kevincwelch; 04-27-2011 at 05:08 PM.
    Phone: Galaxy Note 2 | ROM: Stock | Kernel: Stock
    Tablet: Transformer Prime | ROM: Hairy Bean | Kernel: Clemsyn

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

Keep in mind that I have no idea what I'm doing, but...

Have you tried just flashing it again? Maybe it will fix it. Same reason that we have to wipe each cache 3 times when one should be enough.

I know that I had to flash my ROM about 3 times to get it to work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've flashed it twice. It's really only the keyboard as far as I can tell that has remained Bionix. Everything else is matted blues. I guess I could flash it again. 3 times is a charm?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I just can't seem to get rid of this keyboard bionix black business.

I wiped the cache and installed matted Blues 1.3 and then even flashed Engraved blues 1.1.

Annoying.

And now I've found out that Facebook can't be uninstalled after being modified by Bionix. Do you think it's a permissions issue? Same with the twitter app.

I've found that if a developer has themed a market app, the theme is tied to a version of the app and so because its baked into the theme, I believe permissions have been fixed so it won't update (lest you those the themeing).

To fix this you need something like Root Explorer that allows you to delete the app, and then install the updated version from the Market. Of course the themeing is lost on that app.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jpmorris123 View Post
    I've found that if a developer has themed a market app, the theme is tied to a version of the app and so because its baked into the theme, I believe permissions have been fixed so it won't update (lest you those the themeing).

To fix this you need something like Root Explorer that allows you to delete the app, and then install the updated version from the Market. Of course the themeing is lost on that app.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

It seems reasonable.I will try it later.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Slight annoyance here.

I flashed bionix black. Didn't quite like it, so I wiped x3 the cache and dalvik cae and reflashed matted blues. Now I have a hybrid theme. Kind of annoying. I could do a nandroid backup, but that is a little inconvienient.

Ideas?
    You will need to either flash the ROM again/do a full wipe to overwrite the themed files completely in Bionix Black. As you can tell something is being left behind when you flash to another theme and leaving traces of BB. Thats the only downside to when you start switching up themes you can end up with a hybrid theme of sort due to left behind themed files from a previous flashing.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    You will need to either flash the ROM again/do a full wipe to overwrite the themed files completely in Bionix Black. As you can tell something is being left behind when you flash to another theme and leaving traces of BB. Thats the only downside to when you start switching up themes you can end up with a hybrid theme of sort due to left behind themed files from a previous flashing.
    Could also try this method

ReaLife1st
    Just a couple of guys that theme in their spare time.
    Follow us on Twitter
    @ReaLife1st
    @ZiggSVO
    All of our work is now tagged with [RLF]
    Like my work, or something I helped you do you can help get my kids some diapers by searching ZIGGSVO in the market.
    (Never Required but always appreciated!)
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Well, I did the nandroid thing...all better now.

ROM
    NuSense ICS

nandroid is almost always the simplest solution to a problem like that. especially if you've tried re-flashing 3 or 4 times already

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bonsai 4.1.1

Android Development

I know it's a little late but in the midnight rom extra folder there is the stock swype zip.