- Known Bugs
None, as a result of the packaging process. Behavior is identical to stock. However, the stock package is known to have the following issues, all of which have been reproduced in testing:
- 4G non-functional
- GPS non-functional out of the box - WORKAROUND: get GPS Status from the Market; reset AGPS status (works with wireless networks off)
- Wake lag present
- Does not boot when plugged in and powered off, unplug to boot
- Temperature sensor readings are incorrect. You may see interrupted charging due to bad battery temp readings.
- Slide to unlock button sometimes 'sticks'
- Has Carrier IQ (dieplz)
Downloads - No Wait Times!
(Direct) | Mirrors :: -
- OPTIONAL (Direct) | Mirrors :: - -
- I flashed the ED12 modem and it sucks! I want to go back to the EC05 modem! Download and Odin it.
- Where's the TAR? Our source put his job at risk by giving this to us. Unfortunately, we cannot release the TAR for this very reason.
- WHERE'S THE %^#&ing TAR?!?! Did you not read the above? Die in a fire. You're not missing anything, trust us.
- I'm getting FCs! Wipe data and reflash. Otherwise, this is fully stock, and comes with what any full-stock build will.
- Why can't I flash this with CWM3? It's not compatible with EXT4, and as such the update-script is in Amend format to prevent you from using CWM3.
- How do I flash the modem in Odin? Put your phone in Download mode by holding 1 on the keyboard and the power button until you get to a yellow triangle. Connect the phone to USB. Open Odin, load the PIT in PIT and the modem in PDA (or Phone - both work). Uncheck everything on the left except Auto Reboot. Click the big button.
- tanimn (ACS) - rooted kernel, patience
- Shabbypenguin (ACS) - testing, hosting, TeamViewer
- qbking77 (ACS) - testing
- jez2cool (ACS) - testing
- Parabola949 (ACS) - testing
- rjmjr69 (ACS) - team lead
The most important thanks of all goes to our source - you are an asset to this entire community!
The Android Creative Syndicate fully supports ptfdmedic's mission of spreading autism awareness. Our graphics guru ZHkilla has whipped up a brand-new, awesome banner for the cause. Please add it to your signatures.
This and any other ACS productions are not, and will never be donationware. However, I and ACS have put a good number of hours into getting this ship-shape. Your generosity - if you feel like showing it - is deeply appreciated!
Last edited by k0nane; 04-28-2011 at 03:03 PM.
- 04-27-2011, 09:49 PM #4
- 04-27-2011, 09:50 PM #5
- 04-27-2011, 09:53 PM #6
- 04-27-2011, 10:19 PM #8
- 225 Posts
Hola visitantes del front page! Lol.
- 04-27-2011, 10:24 PM #9
- 04-27-2011, 10:36 PM #11
I would guess your "source" provided you with a .tar file to start with..
Maybe I'm wrong, not trying to out anyone here but I do remember a certain mention of the source's name from the Bonsai EC05 leak and it was quickly removed on XDA's servers and it was outta by a well known name...
You could always PM me if there's something said here that you would like to say in private. I'm just swinging in the wind, blindly.. LOL...
- 04-27-2011, 10:40 PM #13
Thats cool.. Hey thanks for sharing k0nane. I respect the fact of keeping the source secret... Part of the game..
At least it proves GB is on the horizon... Now how long it will take Sprint/Sammy to get the bugs worked out is the next problem...
- 04-27-2011, 11:19 PM #14
Quick question, I downloaded Gingerbread, and have your modem tar. Just go to Download Mode, run 05 modem in in Odin tar, then use 3 finger death to get to cwm 2.5.
Is that included? Then just wipe, wipe, wipe, and flash GB??
I really want to try, and you guys are a few steps (to say the least) above me. I have already forgotten the RFS file info and 2.5. I know there will be a few quirks, just don't want to cause any myself.
- 04-28-2011, 12:30 AM #15
- 1 Posts
Okay so im new to android (coming from webos) and was wondering what is odin, where do i get it, and how do i use it? please and thank youu
- 04-28-2011, 12:40 AM #16
honestly i wouldnt recommend using odin to flash the modem, the ec05 modem works just the same.. some people even have issues with the newer one
- 04-28-2011, 08:49 AM #17
[FAQ] Q & A on Rooting/ROMs/Methods
You can get a copy of Odin from the following link
[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)
On a side note, not to by any means stop you from doing as you please but if your interested in flashing this GB ROM and are very new to Android I would recommend caution as this version as you can read from the OP is still early in development and buggy so it may throw a few curve balls at you being new to Android.
If your up to the challenge of doing so then thumbs up friend, otherwise you may want to wait until a more stable build is ready and try some more stable ROMs being new to Android/rooting and running custom ROMs as their is a learning curve just like anything else to get the hang of things.
- 04-28-2011, 10:10 AM #18
This is a very solid build. I've only been using it for a few hours but it's definitely daily driver level for me.
Sent by a little green robot
- 04-28-2011, 10:30 AM #19
- 225 Posts
Really?! Thats a first.
- 04-28-2011, 10:37 AM #20
- 04-28-2011, 10:55 AM #21
Yup. I need to do some more testing but my GPS seems to work. Haven't tried 4G yet (although I'm pretty sure it doesn't work). Not having any problems charging, waking or unlocking.
- 04-28-2011, 11:31 AM #22
yes gps status in the market, in the tools you can reset gps. i went from 3200m lock to 20m lock. no idea on how long it will last tho.. the rom itself runs great just seems like modem and kernel havent been updated to gb...
- 04-28-2011, 11:45 AM #23
- 44 Posts
When I downloaded the file its a zip. I extracted it and there isn't a pit file in there. How do you do it to get it to . PIT?
- 04-28-2011, 01:56 PM #24
- 04-28-2011, 02:38 PM #25