Data wipe?

dug13

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
In CWM, Wipe cache partition>Yes, as well as Advanced>Wipe Dalvik Cache>Yes. Question is without changing roms will doing this fix errors or will it mess up the phone? Im rooted EC05. The home screen lag when comming from landscape mode is driving me CRAZY.
TIA
Dug13

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
In CWM, Wipe cache partition>Yes, as well as Advanced>Wipe Dalvik Cache>Yes. Question is without changing roms will doing this fix errors or will it mess up the phone? Im rooted EC05. The home screen lag when comming from landscape mode is driving me CRAZY.
TIA
Dug13

are you speaking of the screen rotate lag? if so there is a way to fix it. qbking77 has a bunch of how to videos and he shows you exactly how to get it faster :p

If it is what your talking about heres the link :
http://forum.androidcentral.com/spr...ic-23-videos-5-1-11-a.html?highlight=qbking77

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
TIA
Dug13

Yes you need to perform the wipes 3x when switching ROMs.

The rotation lag your referring to is resolved by doing the following....

[INFO]
:: Rotation Lag Fix ::
(All versions)

Download Terminal Emulator from the Market

Type the following

su (press enter and allow root access) km

/system/bin/sensorcalibutil_yamaha (press enter)

Then it will ask for you to calibrate. I usually lay mine flat on its back with keyboard open and then press enter. Back out of program and power off the screen then wake the phone up. Lag rotation fixed.[/INFO]

jpfoxey

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
AArgHHH!
Did I Screw Up? I just wiped all data, did "wipe data/factory reset in CWM 2.5.1.0

What do I do now???

i wiped the partition and thought that maybe I was misunderstanding and had to wipe EVERYTHING, help

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am restoring it now via clockwork to pre and EXT4 conversion i did, hope this helps, no brick please
You will be fine. All the data wipe/factory reset is doing is basically wiping all data/cache. It is not removing anything with the ROM or installed components, just resetting them. This will not cause a brick.

jpfoxey

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I did get to a point where I got nothing but a locked bootscreen, so I odin'd back to stock, then went back to EC05, new CWM, now I'm running EE03. After watching the video, I think that most of my prior problems with other ROMs have been because I did not properly wipe my phone, this has been, granted only one day so far, but this has been easily my best rom experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy