PC doesn't recognize Epic via USB

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Seen the related threads- here's the odd part- my same PC recognizes MY Epic- just not HIS!

Regardless, I've tried different USB ports, different USB cords, redownloaded and installed the samsung drivers, wiped his phone, his cache, I just can't get his Epic recognized at all by my pc- and yet every step of the way- my Epic can.

He is on the DK28 leak- Never rooted. Worked fine for him for months. I was going to flash ACE on his phone- and the moment I plugged in his phone after doing a wipe- no USB detection.

Any ideas?

Since DK28 was released on the web- just not pushed out officially from Sprint- could he still go to them w/ TEP plan to try to get them to service it?

Do I try to flash DK18stock via a terminal emulator on the phone? (read about that somewhere- NO IDEA how to do this) Would that even work?

Your advice is always appreciated.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Seen the related threads- here's the odd part- my same PC recognizes MY Epic- just not HIS!

Regardless, I've tried different USB ports, different USB cords, redownloaded and installed the samsung drivers, wiped his phone, his cache, I just can't get his Epic recognized at all by my pc- and yet every step of the way- my Epic can.

He is on the DK28 leak- Never rooted. Worked fine for him for months. I was going to flash ACE on his phone- and the moment I plugged in his phone after doing a wipe- no USB detection.

Any ideas?

Since DK28 was released on the web- just not pushed out officially from Sprint- could he still go to them w/ TEP plan to try to get them to service it?

Do I try to flash DK18stock via a terminal emulator on the phone? (read about that somewhere- NO IDEA how to do this) Would that even work?

Your advice is always appreciated.

I'm not sure if Sprint will do much for him except nail him for the $100 charge on the TEP plan. Sprint made it more than clear on various occasions not to install the leaked DK28 version that it wasn't official and not supported by Sprint in any way.

I would attempt using a different computer if you can get your hands on one to attempt to run Odin. I know there are some phones/computers that just don't sync up for whatever reasons. My one laptop running Vista 64 bit was solid for device connections until recently it doesn't want to recognize the devices. It installs the drivers completely even when you turn on debugging it continues to install the drivers but will won't allow you to pull up the sdcards contents or make connections for Odin/OCR.

Strange in my opinion why this happens but it does.. Thankfully I have other computers in the house that connect up just fine.

tnuts

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
i've had similar issues w/ my pc recognizing my epic through the usb connection. i'll occasionally have to plug/unplug a few times or turn usb debugging on and off to view any sd card files. i also bricked my phone a few weeks ago and was completely unable to get it to recognize the phone so i could run odin. i took it over to a buddy's house, downloaded drivers and plugged it into his computer, and it worked like a champ.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
There is another way to download and update phones with bad USB port.

Search here, but I am sure it was in xda. There is a way and program you can download to do updates, basically a good way to revert to stock if you are having hardware issues and need to take
In for repair. So use their search, might be under bricked or broken USB downloads. You can find it
And get rid of dk28

Good luck

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you can turn on/off the usb debugging? Sometimes, with the debugging on it connects, sometimes not. Check and see if it will work for you.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
There is another way to download and update phones with bad USB port.

Search here, but I am sure it was in xda. There is a way and program you can download to do updates, basically a good way to revert to stock if you are having hardware issues and need to take
In for repair. So use their search, might be under bricked or broken USB downloads. You can find it
And get rid of dk28

Good luck
I know the thread your speaking of at XDA. Its to revert from EC05/EXT4 back to RFS setup or completely remove root & CWM and restore the original recovery in case of a broken USB so you can have it serviced. Its all done by placing the files on your sdcard and flashing them in CWM.

Unfortunately its only for EC05 and not EB13 or unofficial DK28.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech