Trouble rooting phone

Jamers505

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey folking, trying to get into ROMs and such but having some trouble. I can not root my phone.

this is the only click root i have been trying to use.

[MOD][One Click Root] Clockwork Mod version 3.0.0.5/6 - UPDATED FOR EB13! - xda-developers

it installs and runs, but it says my phone is not connected. i installed the samsung drivers and that did not seem to fix the issue. any help would be greatly appreciated. As a longtime blackberry user im feeling slightly overwhelmed by all these options and technologicalness, but i want to embrace it with some help from you fantastic people. :)

thank you!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey folking, trying to get into ROMs and such but having some trouble. I can not root my phone.

this is the only click root i have been trying to use.

[MOD][One Click Root] Clockwork Mod version 3.0.0.5/6 - UPDATED FOR EB13! - xda-developers

it installs and runs, but it says my phone is not connected. i installed the samsung drivers and that did not seem to fix the issue. any help would be greatly appreciated. As a longtime blackberry user im feeling slightly overwhelmed by all these options and technologicalness, but i want to embrace it with some help from you fantastic people. :)

thank you!
First you may have to try different drivers, depending on your computer. Just because your running 64bit system doesn't mean that 64 bit drivers will necessary work. Some have done better with the 32 bit drivers.

Otherwise, try a different cable if you have one.. Stock cable is usually the problem with most connection issues.

Different computer USB ports. Try them all.

Use a desktop over a laptop if possible. If using a laptop make sure its running plugged in for maximum power instead of just the battery.

We have our own thread here for rooting, you may want to give it a look.

[Root] Samsung Epic 4G Official Froyo EC05 w/Optional EXT4 (EC05 based)

[Root] Samsung Epic 4G Official Froyo EB13 w/Optional EXT4 (EB13 based)

Jamers505

May 5, 2011
Visit site
tried all those options to no avail. going to read the AC rooting threads and try to figure this out. kind of confusing though. directs me to another thread talking about Froyo, which in turn doesnt seem to have anything for me. I guess i want to install the one "for those running stock Eclair 2.1 (DI18)". is that what i have? all this terminology has my head spinning. need a reference guide. haha

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
tried all those options to no avail. going to read the AC rooting threads and try to figure this out. kind of confusing though. directs me to another thread talking about Froyo, which in turn doesnt seem to have anything for me. I guess i want to install the one "for those running stock Eclair 2.1 (DI18)". is that what i have? all this terminology has my head spinning. need a reference guide. haha
Are you still on Eclair 2.1 (DI18) or have you updated to Froyo?

If you look in settings>about phone> what version of OS does it say your running?

Reactions: Jamers505

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so you need to go through with the link/thread I provided above for EC05 based.

First I would uninstall whatever you have installed for drivers and start from scratch. If possible use the 32 bit drivers they seem to have the best results. Then use a USB port off the back off your laptop/computer as they are normaly straight off the motherboard and not wired remote USBs that are placed elsewhere for easier access. Not to mention the ones on the back seem to be USB 2.0/3.0 ports (faster/more power) than the more accessable remote USBs which are usually the slower USB 1.0 ports.

Install them in your computer first then put you device in debugging mode and plug it into your computer and allow it to finish the installation of the drivers and give it a go.

Report back with results and we will go from there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol