Anyone experience a vibration followed w 3 quick vibrations and a force close?

bbeck

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had lots of success flashing all the custom ROMs here and at XDA. They've all been fantastic and pretty much no problem but I have a common problem with them all. Typically within a few hours of flashing and maybe cuz I'm reloading all my apps from the market, but that's when the problems start. So here's what happens: It starts with a normal vibration (although there's no reason for a notification) and after about 2 seconds is followed with three quick vibrations and a pop up dialog box saying:
----- "Sorry! ----- The application Docs (process com.google.android.apps.docs) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.----- Force Close." ----

It does that over and over again for about 6 or 7 apps. Titanium Backup, Google Tasks Organizer, Google Voice, Watchdog Lite, etc.
...and I've pulled the battery many times.

So I'm wondering if anybody else has had that experience or has any ideas for a solution. Thanks.

bdog421

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
...and I've pulled the battery many times.....

If your on ext4(cwm3) no journaling, just pulling the battery once will cause this issue. Wipe everything and start fresh or nandroid back to a good backup and go from there. Battery pulls with journaling off is a great way to corrupt data. Hell I've had issues with journaling on after numerous battery pulls data can still get corrupted.

Reactions: bbeck

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've had lots of success flashing all the custom ROMs here and at XDA. They've all been fantastic and pretty much no problem but I have a common problem with them all. Typically within a few hours of flashing and maybe cuz I'm reloading all my apps from the market, but that's when the problems start. So here's what happens: It starts with a normal vibration (although there's no reason for a notification) and after about 2 seconds is followed with three quick vibrations and a pop up dialog box saying:
----- "Sorry! ----- The application Docs (process com.google.android.apps.docs) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.----- Force Close." ----

It does that over and over again for about 6 or 7 apps. Titanium Backup, Google Tasks Organizer, Google Voice, Watchdog Lite, etc.
...and I've pulled the battery many times.

So I'm wondering if anybody else has had that experience or has any ideas for a solution. Thanks.

I completely agree with what epic4GEE has said. If your running any of the no journaling ROMs then you pull your battery or do a soft reset (Vol Up+Camera+Power) your causing data corruption.

If your getting FC's after reinstalling apps I notice you mentioned Titanium Backup. This could very well be your problem right there. Even doing on data restores can sometimes cause conflicts. Its a cat and mouse game sometimes restoring data/apps using Titanium or MyBackup Root. I would next time go slowly, one at a time and see if Titanium is your problem.

Otherwise there is this new option out now by chris41g, its awesome and I wish someone would of came up with it sooner.

ReEnable/Disable Journaling CWM Flashable No Format or Wipe Needed Instant

Using this you can flash a zip in CWM and turn journaling on or off to suit your needs. Journaling enabled as we know is more stable when having frequent FC's and battery pulls. Downside is a bit slower and harder on the life of the device they say. Journaling off is faster but data corruption will ruin your day usually ending up in a reflash of the ROM most of the time.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah there are several scenarios where that would happen. First, it would happen to me when I had a bad flash, just a black screen and vibration and also if I used titanium backup (fortunately I found a way where it wouldn't do that :) )

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
happened to me when I restored apps through titanium that just didn't work. I had to uninstall them, then reinstall them from the market and they would work fine.

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been having this same problem, no matter what ROM i used. I just fixed partitions via CWM & have had no problems thus far. I will give it a few days. I noticed it when I installed ACE. I was doing great for a few days, then all of a sudden, FCs on all my apps. My next step is to install the journaling zip. I don't know where my problem started. I was using My back up (I uninstalled Titanium). I'm currently on Bonsaii & so far, so good... no FCs. But I have learned to take the time to manually reinstall my apps when installing a new ROM.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
idk whats wrong cwm3 will not work on my phone the root is being blocked... 6785210546 plz help
Turn off your anti virus scanners when running the OneClickRoot.

Its probably showing the "rageagainstthecage.arm5" as a exploit/trojan horse virus which it IS NOT.

tbhooptie

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue also.. I had to move back to stock, removed Clockwork and reinstalled it. Worked fine after that.

When in Clockwork, is the text orange? If not you are not using the current CWM. The current CWM is needed for some newer ROMs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iseeyouo-o