Question about themes

qbking77

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
If I flash a theme and don't like it, how do I get back to old theme? Do I have to reflash the ROM?

I've found if you wipe cache and dalvik 3X and reflash the rom it takes away the theme, but reverts some apps back to how they were if you changed any.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've found if you wipe cache and dalvik 3X and reflash the rom it takes away the theme, but reverts some apps back to how they were if you changed any.

Yep this method works too, flashing the ROM after wiping but things can change as you said. There is also your handy video on pulling apart a theme to reflash just what you want to restore or change a theme. So I went probably the easiest route and suggested a NanDroid Backup.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
how do you get themes? How do you install them on your phone?
For a full fledged theme you need to be rooted and running a custom ROM. There is some minor themes like icon changes and real small things you can change stock and not rooted with Launchers like Launcher Pro or AWD EX.

How to root?
[Root] Samsung Epic 4G Official Froyo EC05 w/Optional EXT4

I suggest if your going to go this route go straight to EXT4 conversion (procedure #2) and install/flash
a custom ROM then you can choose a theme to go along with it.

[Index] Froyo EC05 ROM's, Kernels, Themes, & Other Mods [Updated 5/12]

Any other questions just ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech