1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bonsai 4.1.1 RC6

Default Titanium / Mybackup Root question

Do both have an option for one click app restore. I've been using TB(not pro version) and am going to pay for one of them but want to make sure I can click and forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCGeek15 View Post
    Do both have an option for one click app restore. I've been using TB(not pro version) and am going to pay for one of them but want to make sure I can click and forget it.
    I believe TB has what they call batch backup/restore. I only use TB once in a while to backup Angry Birds... Otherwise I have the paid version of Mybackup Root (or Pro- paid version) and it works nice..
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:

ROM
    MortifyROM / CM7

Don't know if this happens to everyone ( or anyone else for that matter ) but I found through experience that whenever you use either of those tools ( Titanium / MyBackup ) it is a good idea to select "from market" instead of "from SD card" when you restore your apps , otherwise you might end up with some FCs

Quote Originally Posted by TexasEpic4User View Post
    Don't know if this happens to everyone ( or anyone else for that matter ) but I found through experience that whenever you use either of those tools ( Titanium / MyBackup ) it is a good idea to select "from market" instead of "from SD card" when you restore your apps , otherwise you might end up with some FCs
    Yes I agree, I only recommend Data only restores. Restoring apps from sdcard usually results in conflicts.
    Paul

ROM
    syndicate frozen 1.1

I noticed that with mybackuppro especially. 2 times I've had to wipe and reinstall SRF because when I did a soft reset, as soon as I unlocked the screen, launcherpro, gmail and several others would FC. I'm getting mybackuppro back on. I reinstalled all my apps fro mthe market, and plan on doing a fresh backup.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNickage View Post
    I noticed that with mybackuppro especially. 2 times I've had to wipe and reinstall SRF because when I did a soft reset, as soon as I unlocked the screen, launcherpro, gmail and several others would FC. I'm getting mybackuppro back on. I reinstalled all my apps fro mthe market, and plan on doing a fresh backup.
    As we have stated in the past, a soft reset or battery pull when running no journaling will result in data corruption causing FC's etc, on your next boot most of the time.
    Paul

ROM
    syndicate frozen 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    As we have stated in the past, a soft reset or battery pull when running no journaling will result in data corruption causing FC's etc, on your next boot most of the time.
    So what do you do when the phone freezes?

So what do you do when the phone freezes?
    You have to pull the battery and deal with corrupted data, which is why some prefer journaling on.

Sent by a little green robot

ROM
    syndicate frozen 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    You have to pull the battery and deal with corrupted data, which is why some prefer journaling on.

Sent by a little green robot
    I read that with SRF you can enable it yourself. How does one do that?

I read that with SRF you can enable it yourself. How does one do that?
    Check out this from chris41g

http://forum.androidcentral.com/epic...d-instant.html

It will let you turn journaling on/off via the zips
    We'll both get 500mb free on top of 5gig signup bonus and a new Android app is out:
    https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=ewxiovt892qmw

Do you know you know if TB has that option? I was looking around and didn't see it. I'm asking because it sounds like a really good idea. Just didn't see it.

I dont think TB has this option- at least I couldnt find it.
    Does Mybackup doe this?
    We'll both get 500mb free on top of 5gig signup bonus and a new Android app is out:

ROM
    MortifyROM / CM7

I actually use AppMonster Pro myself just because of personal preference due to some initial problems with both MyBackup and Titanium when I first started playing with ROMs , although my "problems" my vey well have just been me being a noob. But ever since going with AppMonster Pro I have never encountered any problems with adding my apps anytime I switch ROMs. ( and it does have the option to "install from market" )

I actually use AppMonster Pro myself just because of personal preference due to some initial problems with both MyBackup and Titanium when I first started playing with ROMs , although my "problems" my vey well have just been me being a noob. But ever since going with AppMonster Pro I have never encountered any problems with adding my apps anytime I switch ROMs. ( and it does have the option to "install from market" )
    Cool, I've been using TB but may look into this as well. The free version seemed to have gotten a lot of nasty flack from the market though. WOW.