Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default EC05 stock apps needed

I looked all over but no luck, I really need the sprint zone app asap my bill is due today, and I would also like allshare, thinkfree, and sprint tv but my priority is on sprint zone if anyone can help please

I'm in the same boat looking for the sprint Nav, thinkfree,allshare..

Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

I think this will help you -> [Files & Guide] All *.apks & Framework / Apps safe to remove - xda-developers

Edit: forgot to say, it is a rar file - open it like a zip file and all the apps are in there - then take the ones you need and put them in the "system/app" folder on your SD card - you have to have root I believe, and since you took them out, I am assuming that you are rooted - you also need bothe the apk and the odex file if it shows both.
    Last edited by mouseglider; 05-18-2011 at 03:50 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Epic 4G (retired rooted backup)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)
    kickstand4u mobile kickstands for all mobile devices

Oh my! I rooted my SGS3!
    Rock Solid and Perfect!

Question Re: EC05 stock apps needed

I got the file and I need to replace some damaged files on my phone's system/apps folder. It's rooted and I have a file explorer, in fact I have two of them, that can see that folder, but I can't seem to delete/copy/anything the files in there...it's like they're locked. I'm sorry if this is a noob question, I'm a Windows Mobile recent transfer...so i'm not up to speed on hacking Android yet... but how do I gain access to that system/app folder so that I can actually DO something to/with the files in there?

~Z

Default Re: EC05 stock apps needed

Quote Originally Posted by zeoran View Post
    I got the file and I need to replace some damaged files on my phone's system/apps folder. It's rooted and I have a file explorer, in fact I have two of them, that can see that folder, but I can't seem to delete/copy/anything the files in there...it's like they're locked. I'm sorry if this is a noob question, I'm a Windows Mobile recent transfer...so i'm not up to speed on hacking Android yet... but how do I gain access to that system/app folder so that I can actually DO something to/with the files in there?

~Z
    You can grab ES File Explorer (free) from the Market and you have to go into settings and select the option for "Root Options" then select Mount File System as writeable.

or you can use a paid app that works very good to which I recommend called Root Explorer from the Market. Works basically the same except its a bit more flexible.

Both apps will get the job done, you just have to make sure you allow root access in the settings and also when prompted by your device to allow Superuser Access to Root Explorer/ES File Explorer and again make sure you mount your "/system/xxxx" as writeable.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.