[ROM][ACS][STOCK] "Swiss Cheese Samsprint" EE03 :: GPS/GTalk voice/video fix! :: 5/16

Possum15

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone figured out how to get the bottom keys to stay on longer. I switched to same as screen timeout, but they still go out earlier.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Might need to switch ROM's my phone has rebooted 10+ times easy, and that's in about 2 hours. I will sorely miss, the overscroll, the CRT animation, netflix, and the smoothness of the notification bar :(

cmill_85

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I am having chargin issues where the phone randomly disconnects and reconnects to the charger. I am not even near the phone, the cable never moves. It just randomly beeps that is was removed from charger, then beeps back on the charger. Confirmed to do this on usb charging off computer and all my wall-chargers.

I am having this issue too. It is almost like it does it for every percent the battery level goes up while charging. Other than this annoying problem this ROM is great for me.

Riebs

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone figured out how to get the bottom keys to stay on longer. I switched to same as screen timeout, but they still go out earlier.

When you say "the bottom keys", do you mean the keyboard itself? I think that is the only setting you can change. If you are talking about the four buttons at the bottom of the touchscreen, you are out of luck. I don't think there is a setting to have them stay lit longer.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been running EE03 since yesterday afternoon. No installation problems and it is running pretty fast with only an occasional lag.

So far, I am seeing faster 3G speeds but only about half of my normal wifi speeds. The main problem I have is battery life. Web browsing using wifi for 20 minutes reduced the battery from 100% to 72%. A30 minute phone call used 38% of the battery capacity!

Although I have had no messages about the temp it is definitely running warmer than usual.

lawr0155

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Interesting findings I am having by reflashing a stock ec05 then redoing ee03. My battery was fully charged last night at 730pm, i did battery callibration and now 16 hours later it has 67% left. Most of it was standby except a few text messages and apps, but it was better than the 4-5 hours of standby i got the first time i installed it. Also I don't have heat problems and the camera button no longer wakes up the phone from sleep. I am not sure if it has any difference but...

I downloaded the update this time from the mediafire link instead of the direct one on XDA forums.

spectator52

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
the last few days i have had some serious 3g-4g connectivity issues. i have to toggle airplane mode about every 5 minutes. it won't keep a continuous connection. wifi works really well though.
I am loving me some GB but half tempted to go back to ACE ROM until a more stable build becomes available.
Anyone else having to toggle more?

frankwhite8536

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
just flashed last night. so far so good. wifi is weaker, but OK. will test out 4G later. I usually had at least 1 bar where I'm at though. see a little lag, but no big deal.

so is there a compatible kernel for overclocking? or wifi tether?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
just flashed last night. so far so good. wifi is weaker, but OK. will test out 4G later. I usually had at least 1 bar where I'm at though. see a little lag, but no big deal.

so is there a compatible kernel for overclocking? or wifi tether?
WiFi tethering, see OP. No kernels because no source code.

Reactions: frankwhite8536

isspooh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Updates on new flash!

1. CWM 3.0.2.5 will oneclick right over 3.0.0.6 without Odin (note I'm already on EC05)

2. Successful flash of ROM first time and loaded right up with all the wonderful Sprint crap back on their (Ugh), but restoring all my apps so bloat will be gone soon.

3. I'm sticking with EC05 for this test cause here where I live I get great 3g, and 4g all day long where I work, so I will be flashing and testing Genocide 1.4GH kernel and seeing how all that will work out, but if nothing works, then I will be updating to EE03. *IMMEDIATE NOTE!* Froze phone upon reboot, so I will be flashing EE03 and adjusting performance settings with stock kernel.

Multiple Benchmark scores coming tonight...

isspooh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
After removing 37 Bloat Apps here are my top benchmark scores with stock kernel set at high performance:

Linpack: 11.4

Quadrant: (I'm really not liking Quadrants scores cause they don't add up when using others like Smartbench performance scores which I feel do better justice) 721

Smartbench 2010: So low I won't even post it...

Conclusion is that I am a HUGE fan of Syndicate ROM Frozen, and will be using it again here in a few minutes cause the lag and lack of performance is enough to not be running it right now. Hopefully some tweaks and kernels will be in the works soon, until then, I will be rocking my SRF 1.1.0.

deadrage78

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I flashed this about 3 days ago and all was great. I noticed a little lag when using apps but that seemed to be the only issue. I even got 4g where I never had access before. This morning though I started getting fc's on every app I tried to use and phone wouldn't leave airplane mode. Rebooting didn't work so I reset to factory and wiped cache. That has worked so far. Any ideas on what may have caused that? I followed the install directions except odin hung up on me when using the .pit file on both ec05 stock install and again when it was time to install ee03 modem. Everything went smoothly after leaving the .pit file out though.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I flashed this about 3 days ago and all was great. I noticed a little lag when using apps but that seemed to be the only issue. I even got 4g where I never had access before. This morning though I started getting fc's on every app I tried to use and phone wouldn't leave airplane mode. Rebooting didn't work so I reset to factory and wiped cache. That has worked so far. Any ideas on what may have caused that? I followed the install directions except odin hung up on me when using the .pit file on both ec05 stock install and again when it was time to install ee03 modem. Everything went smoothly after leaving the .pit file out though.
Normally FC's would be the result of data corruption. Cause of this is a lockup and you had to do a battery pull or you did a soft reset.

.pit file is not needed for either of the processes you mentioned. Only time a .pit file is really ever needed is when partitioning the device using Odin, example some devs have used it when making prerooted Odin packages with EXT4 already built in.

Bottom line if it isn't included in whatever Odin tar package you download, then don't worry about using a .pit file unless one is included.

rlccgc

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
installed this yesterday and it was running great, i left my charger plugged in when i went to bed, when i woke it was saying fully charged but when i unplugged the charger the battery went down to around 20% ?? glad i did not have to go out this morning, as i am now an hour into recharging... anyone else get this?

lawr0155

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I had many little bugs that just made me go to ACE rom. The little bit of flashy gingerbread has nothing on the stability and speed of the ACE rom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non