k0nane and the Android Creative Syndicate present... "Swiss Cheese Samsprint" EE03
Deodexed, prerooted - RFS ONLY
The Android Creative Syndicate: From spontaneous ingenuity comes creative brilliance.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Hey look, tasty treats! This one tastes a lot like... Gingerbread. Om nom. This is the EE03 build, which is very much improved over ED12. The bugs that existed before are gone - 4G works, GPS works, charging works, the temperature sensor appears to be normal... This is not a final build, but it's a lot closer. We have to give credit where credit is due and thank Samsprint for stepping it up. 2.3 is looking like it's not going to suck even a little bit!
This is RFS-only. There is no EXT4 support as of yet; our kernel team is always busy, and given the lack of success we had with ED12's kernel, hacking in EXT4 wasn't something that was incredibly high on the priorities list. Our kernel team may look at it soon, but we wanted to get this to you as soon as our source gave us the green light. The kernel is rooted, and contains Busybox for your device usage pleasure.
How To Install
Odin () to stock EC05 (), use the CWM188.8.131.52 one-click (NOT CWM2.5) (), wipe data/cache three times, and flash the ROM.
We suggest also flashing the EE03 modem - unlike the ED12 modem, this one won't break anything, and actually appears to be improved over EB13/EC05. Team lead rjmjr69 reports 4G signal in an indoors location where even 3G was spotty before. As always, YMMV, but this one seems to be a winner.
Last edited by k0nane; 05-17-2011 at 04:57 AM.
There's a lot to love in this release. As noted above, the bugs from ED12 appear to be squashed, and the following new features are available:
- The Market signature has been changed to that of a Nexus S 4G, allowing you to download protected apps. Otherwise, your Epic still identifies as an Epic.
- FM Radio works, we've got an addon for you - Your mileage may vary!
- Netflix works, with the APK posted below
- Google Talk with video works, we've got that in the same addon as FM Radio - WORKS! Redownload/reflash the addon.
- We've removed Carrier IQ! Since this is a stock ROM, that's an addon as well.
- The CRT animation for screen off, and the overscroll feature, are available. Be sure to enable animations in Settings > Display!
- rjmjr69 reports WiFi Tether works - use version 3.0-pre14; you must use security.
- Only known bug: LED notifications may not work properly.
- If your GPS is broken, flash !
Where's the TAR? Our source put his job at risk by giving this to us. Unfortunately, we cannot release the TAR for this very reason. If we receive clearance from our source, we will release what we can.
WHERE'S THE %^#&ing TAR?!?! Did you not read the above? Die in a fire. You're not missing anything, trust us.
3G/4G isn't working! Reboot your device. Some testers needed one reboot to get it going.
I'm getting FCs! Wipe data and reflash. Otherwise, this is fully stock, and comes with what any full-stock build will.
How do I install the addons? Wipe cache/dalvik-cache in CWM, flash the noCIQ mod, then the CRT/overscroll mod. The others can be installed in any order at any time. Netflix is just an APK, install it normally.
How do I flash the modem in Odin? Put your phone in Download mode by holding 1 on the keyboard and the power button until you get to a yellow triangle. Connect the phone to USB. Open Odin, load the PIT in PIT and the modem in PDA (or Phone - both work). Uncheck everything on the left except Auto Reboot. Click the big button.
tanimn (ACS) - rooted kernel
Shabbypenguin (ACS) - hosting
jez2cool (ACS) - testing
Marcusant - CRT, overscroll mod details
rjmjr69 (ACS) - team lead
The most important thanks of all goes to our source - you are an asset to this entire community!
The Android Creative Syndicate fully supports ptfdmedic's mission of spreading autism awareness. Our graphics guru ZHkilla has whipped up a brand-new, awesome banner for the cause. Please add it to your signatures.
This and any other ACS productions are not, and will never be donationware. However, I and ACS have put a good number of hours into getting this ship-shape. Your generosity - if you feel like showing it - is deeply appreciated!
Last edited by k0nane; 05-17-2011 at 04:56 AM.
Reason: AndroidCentral: censoring links for your protection.