Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What now?

So i have sucessfully rooted my epic 4g. Now what should i do? I see the roms that are available, but im not sure what they do as opposed to the one thats installed already.

Quote Originally Posted by jcharlesr75 View Post
    So i have sucessfully rooted my epic 4g. Now what should i do? I see the roms that are available, but im not sure what they do as opposed to the one thats installed already.
    Check out the link in my signature... Shows you how to flash roms and things of that sort.
    If you'd like to donate, please click here
    All donations will go straight into my college fund!

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    ROM
    aosp v41 (until he update

If you go to the Rom section, you will see info on each, what they do, and how to install. There are many options, so look for what you want - better battery life, no Sprint bloatware, overclock/undervolt options, journaling, etc.
    If you do not know what this means, downloading roms may not be important. You need to understand how to download, as well as remove, if you don't like them to get back to stock. This includes clockwork and odin..
    There is a lot of good info in these, so read well, then ask questions, someone will help you.

See this thread below... It has a full listing of all EC05 based custom ROMS/themes, etc... Most of the featured ROMs in this INDEX also have their own separate threads too where you can get more info on each one and what people are saying about them.

[Index] Froyo EC05 ROMs, Kernels, Themes, & Other Mods [Updated 5/12]

Check the FAQ link in my signature it explains many of the questions you may have.
    [FAQ] Q & A on Rooting/ROMs/Methods
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

ROM
    CM 7 BABY!!!

Welcome to the Dark Side....
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Lol, yeah and now I got a message from ZDNet today sayin something about google restricting rooted phones. My biggest concern is brickin my phone. I build and overclock computers so I'm hoping that I can pull this off with relative ease. I read something about phone drivers, are these normally included in the roms?

Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk

Lol, yeah and now I got a message from ZDNet today sayin something about google restricting rooted phones. My biggest concern is brickin my phone. I build and overclock computers so I'm hoping that I can pull this off with relative ease. I read something about phone drivers, are these normally included in the roms?

Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk
    The drivers you hear of, is something you have to load on your computer to recognize the phone for when trying to use Odin. Im sure there are other uses also.
    SFR 1.1.0 with the Twilight Zone Kernel, EXT4 and EC05
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Oh, lol...i was thinkin a little to much there. I have the phone drivers loaded and it works perfectly. I had to actually manually install the adb, but once i did my comp recognized the phone right away. I have since backed up to the sd card and im thinking of changing to cwm3 to change over to the ext4 filesystem and see if i can notice a difference. As of right now though my battery isnt 100 charged so im gonna wait for that. Standard usb ports dont have enough juice, cant wait for my new mb....that has ports with enough power to charge the phone in the proper time.