Can I Restore an EC05/EXT4 Nandroid Backup on a Stock DI18 Phone

Schubatis1

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I broke my Epic over the weekend (hardware, not software) and had to get a new phone. Before I brought it in to get fixed, I backed up all of my apps with Titanium Backup and made a Nandroid backup. They weren't able to fix the phone, so they gave me a refurbished one instead. What's the easiest way to restore my data?

On my old phone I was running an EC05 Rom with EXT4. My new phone is stock DI18. Can I just root this phone, install CWM, and restore the Nandroid backup? Or should I Odin to EC05, install CWM and restore the backup?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I broke my Epic over the weekend (hardware, not software) and had to get a new phone. Before I brought it in to get fixed, I backed up all of my apps with Titanium Backup and made a Nandroid backup. They weren't able to fix the phone, so they gave me a refurbished one instead. What's the easiest way to restore my data?

On my old phone I was running an EC05 Rom with EXT4. My new phone is stock DI18. Can I just root this phone, install CWM, and restore the Nandroid backup? Or should I Odin to EC05, install CWM and restore the backup?

You will need to Odin to EC05, then run the OneClickRoot for EXT4 and then you can wipe and restore your backup..

Reactions: Schubatis1

Schubatis1

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You will need to Odin to EC05, then run the OneClickRoot for EXT4 and then you can wipe and restore your backup..

Thanks for the help, it worked like a charm. There were two more things I had to do to get my backup working: When I first restored my backup, my phone would boot loop. I solved this by doing a fresh install of my ROM and then restoring the backup. Second, when I got my backup running I couldn't get root access. I tried using one click root, but it didn't work. I found reflashing my kernel solved this.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help, it worked like a charm. There were two more things I had to do to get my backup working: When I first restored my backup, my phone would boot loop. I solved this by doing a fresh install of my ROM and then restoring the backup. Second, when I got my backup running I couldn't get root access. I tried using one click root, but it didn't work. I found reflashing my kernel solved this.
Normally running OCR for EXT4 would restore your root, but your probably running a ROM that requires root built into the kernel example (ACE/SRF).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37