1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Saving text & VM before ROM swap?

Is there a way to save your text message thread and voice mails before swapping ROMs?
    BlackBerry 8130_Nextel i880_BlackBerry 8330_HTC Hero_Samsung S1_Motorola Photon_Samsung S2_Samsung S4

Quote Originally Posted by inkdup102586 View Post
    Is there a way to save your text message thread and voice mails before swapping ROMs?
    Not sure on the voice mail but SMS Backup and Restore by Ritesh Sahu will take care of your text messages. Its worked flawless for me every time, no conflicts or data corruption issues when restoring on any ROMs to this point
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:

ROM
    SyndicateROM/TwilightZone

+1 for SMS backup and restore. I used to use it before GO SMS implemented it's own backup service.

as far as voice mails, they should be part of your account. I mean if you do the old school dial out, they should still be there. If you have any really important info I would write it down so that if you do lose the VMs, you won't lose critical info.

Yep I think he's correct on the voice mail, if you haven't deleted them they should pop back up when you goto a new ROM. Otherwise get that pen and paper out.. Gee I know, actually having to hold a pen and paper its a crime with all this technology... LOL...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

ROM
    SyndicateROM/TwilightZone

I feel like when I have kids, they will only be learning to type, not write. Then all the textbooks and stuff will be just a kindle or nook.