[Boot Animation]Gears of War And Star Wars The Old Republic 6-8-2011

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys!
Just compiled my first boot animations!

STANDARD DISCLAIMER: If anything happens other than this working it's not my fault
Second Disclaimer: You need to be running a kernel that supports bootanimation.zip You also need to be running Froyo since I don't think any of the Gingerbread leaks support bootanimation.zips
Sorry for any confusion caused on my part.

Want to say thanks to the 3 communities I visit daily XDA, AC, and AF as they are filled with an abundance of info that I was able to read through and learn from!

Thanks goes out to qbking77 for the videos and jkrough0728 for the GIFS! You guys are great!!

Now, boot animations are fun to make, but take a bunch of trial and error. :)

This zips includes the boot animation but no sound. I couldn't get the sound to match just right and didn't want to put my name on it if I didn't feel it was just right ;)

I'm sure many will mention the size of them, they aren't small as the images are mostly high res!! Sorry its so big but like someone told me "it is what it is" and I like it :)
So flash it, if you like it great, if not then just reflash another one and give me feedback :)

Let me kno if you have any issues.

Instructions
1. Download zip and place it on your SD card.
2. Reboot the phone into clockwork.
3. Flash the zip (you don't need to wipe or anything)
4. Reboot the phone
5. Enjoy!
6. Come back and give some feed back :)

********Gears of War v1 and v2********

Also will be making a few variations of the animation in the future so check back for updates :)

Videos:
YouTube - ‪How to flash Gears Of War Boot animation on Samsung Epic‬‏

v2 doesn't have a video yet?

Download Links:

Gears of War Boot animation v1.0

Gears of War Boot animation v2.0

********Star Wars The Old Republic********

Video:

Coming soon maybe?

Download Link:

Star Wars The Old Republic Boot animation v1.9

*I know it says KOTOR but it is The Old Republic and it says v1.9 but don't worry thats just meaning I made 9 versions to iron out some kinks lol*

Last edited:

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to jkrough0728 over at XDA for these great GIFs for your viewing and previewing pleasure!

GIFS

Gears of War v1

GOW_00000.gif

Gears of War v2

gowv2.gif

Star Wars The Old Republic

starwars.gif

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sweet job man! Gears of War is my favorite XBOX game...

Flashed and it works great. File size and all is fine by me, a good boot animation with detail is going to hog up some space, like you stated if they don't like it then flash something else. I think you did a great job!

Last edited:
Reactions: ZiggSVO

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Great job again Zigg.. I believe we have only begun to see your talents with these boot animations.

Next will be to get some sound added in. I'm sure its on your list of things to master as things go.. ..

Looking great bro!

fab5valentine

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The STAR WARS animation looks sweet! I was just wondering yesterday when we might see a Rom themed in this exact style. Then today I see the boot animation. Cool... I'm going to flash it.. Great Job!

kegstarz75

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Boot Animation]Gears of War And Star Wars The Old Republic 6

Hey Zigg! Have your Star Wars boot animation and it looks oh so sweet on my phone. Thanks! I thought I saw on a thread somewhere that someone at XDA maybe working on a Star Wars theme? Is this a rumor you have heard as well?

:)

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Boot Animation]Gears of War And Star Wars The Old Republic 6

Thanks!! Glad you like it!

No rumor. If you check over on xda he has one up. Not from paul and myself though so I can't say yay or nay on it as I've been running my gow theme since building it lol