How to increase 3G speeds

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I just found something that will make your 3G speeds around 3x faster than it was before!

1. Open dialer

2. Type in '##DATA#

3. Press 'Edit'

4.Type in MSL code (Either get it from Sprint, or get connectbot off the market and type in: getprop ril.MSL)

5. Press 'Data Profile'

6. Uncheck 'Rev. Tunneling'

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
There seems to be a problem where it will say error 75 and won't allow you to get 3G if you toggle off wifi with that setting disabled. So far the only way to fix this is to go back and reenable Rev. Tunneling and maybe toggle airplane mode if the problem persists.

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to have a Toggle Widget for this? Im sure it requires root access, but is it possible to create one?

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried this and I got

before: 0.58Mbps download / 0.41Mbps upload

after: 0.81Mbps download / 0.28 Mbps upload

and yes I am also getting error 75 which then disables my 3G

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think it might just be best to leave the Rev. Tunneling on but it could be good for those who don't use wifi all that often :)
@Lancelot: Did you disable wifi afterwards when you had rev. tunneling off?

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Idk, I've noticed problems with it being turned off but what I'm really curious about is if this will work flawlessly when the next GB leak or official ROM will come out

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
yes i did, or it was turned off automatically.

Oh I dug around a little more, and I found something called DDTM under the 'EVDO' section. I turned it on and it seems like it has a subtle effect on speed increase and I toggled this one with wifi repeatedly and hasn't given me any errors yet. Idk you can try it and see if it increases your speeds. ;)

EDIT: I didn't want to go technical and go into the other things; they looked too confusing haha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1