1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Default Rom Recommendations

Hi all I'm new to android and the epic 4g. I'm looking for some rom suggestions, by people who have used different roms. My main use will be wifi tethering, then phone second. Is there any roms out there that work without any problems wifi tethering. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My phone won't arrive until thursday, so I'm going to keep reading, reading, reading. But would love to hear from people who have used different roms.
    Thanked by:

My own personal opinion Bonsai v4.1.1 is definately one to look at. Very stable, has an easy rooting method (Bonsai Master Key Unlocker) and has been heavy tested and continues constant testing to improve on any imperfections. Has some of the most beneficial mods without overkill and yet still retains a relatively stock appearance aside from most bloatware removed.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:
    ski21 

Syndicate Frozen Rom v1.1 works very well. Has wifi tether as part of the rom and worked flawlessly for me.
    Thanked by:
    ski21 

I am very happy with Syndicate Frozen v1.1.1 as well. Its been very stable since 1.0 came out.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
    Thanked by:
    ski21 

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    I am very happy with Syndicate Frozen v1.1.1 as well. Its been very stable since 1.0 came out.
    I'd go with SRF 1.1.1 as well. I've installed this ROM a few times and each version has installed without a hitch. The phone has been fast, and with Genocide kernel, the battery life exceptional. ACE was very good as well and was close to stock in appearance, but faster and with better battery life. I kept SRF because I perceived it to be faster.

Haven't tried Bonsai, Frankenstein, or Truly Epic. Im sure they're pretty good as well.
    Phone: Galaxy Note 2 | ROM: Stock | Kernel: Stock
    Tablet: Transformer Prime | ROM: Hairy Bean | Kernel: Clemsyn
    Thanked by:
    ski21 

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

SFR for me too. Its fast and stable. 'nuff said.

ROM
    MortifyROM / CM7

I would recommend any of these , 1) ACE 2.0 ( even though Paul627g is too humble to recommend it ) , 2) MyFrankensteinEC05 , 3) SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.1 and 4) Urban Fury ... you cannot go wrong with any of these. Please keep in mind that each phone is a little different so be careful with the various kernels out there and possible undervolting / overvolting , make sure you read the various forums for very helpful hints and advice
    Thanked by:
    ski21 

ROM
    Emerald Envy 2.0

+1 with TexasEpic4G!

I had Frankenstein running so fast with spareparts and ADW Plus fast animations, it was crazy...

Midnight has great reviews as well..
    Last edited by fab5valentine; 06-13-2011 at 11:07 PM.
    Thanked by:
    ski21 

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

You can't go wrong with Syndicate ROM Frozen 1.1.1, Bonsai 4.1.2 or Ace 2.0. All are very solid and offer big improvements over stock. It's so easy to root and flash different ROMs that you should give several a try.
    Thanked by:
    ski21 

Ive tried Syndicate ROM Frozen 1.1.1, and Bonsai 4.1.2, and both are really nice.

I havent tried ACE 2.0 yet, so should i give it a try, just wondering if it could be better or just as good as the other two. Im just to lazy to switch to another ROM right now at the moment.
    Thanked by:
    ski21 
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

I really appreciate all the suggestions. Thanks guys. I really can't wait to get home, my phone should be there tomorrow, but I don't get home until thursday. Can't wait to start flashing.

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    ROM
    aosp v41 (until he update

My favorite is Midnight, be sure to read his blogs - SRF is very good, but reading his personal story and seeing the time, effort, and responses he puts into his hobby, building roms for us on the Epic,
    make me truly appreciate it more - it runs great.