1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Epic Gingerbread Rom + Netflix

Hi guys,

Been awhile since I've checked in. I'm running Twlight Zone 1.1 (Froyo 2.2.1)

What is the best ROM (STABLE) to get 2.3 and has anyone figured out how to make netflix work yet?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rabidcadaverdog View Post
    Hi guys,

Been awhile since I've checked in. I'm running Twlight Zone 1.1 (Froyo 2.2.1)

What is the best ROM (STABLE) to get 2.3 and has anyone figured out how to make netflix work yet?

Thanks!
    Might as well wait it out another week or so for the RUMORED release date of June 20th.... Until then what is out there for GB Roms is all your going to get because all the of the devs are basically on hold until official drops.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

ROM
    CM10 Nightlies/EOS3

What my friend Paul meant to recommend was either Midnight ROM 6.0 EE03-Beta or Marcusant ROM(look on xda for both). :-)

I personally use Midnight ROM 6.0 Beta. It's as stable and optimized as Gingerbread will get for the Epic until official, in my opinion. Plus-Rob's ROMs are always the safest choice, as he can do no wrong(again-in my opinion.) So give it a try. Stick with EC05 modem, and if for some reason it gives you trouble, go ahead and try EE03's modem.
    These GB ROMs are NOT w/out their bugs- however, if you're an intuitive user, who is at least somewhat advanced in skill, then you'll find little tricks to work around any bugs you notice.
    I watch Netflix on my phone all the time now, and I can tell you that having this feature outweighs any bugs I've experienced.
    You might be different, but if you know what you're doing, give it a try.

I used Marcusant's ROM extensively this weekend. Has some bugs, but I got everything (including Netflix) to work well. Only real drawback is on all GB roms right now, battery life is very poor compared to the optimized froyo roms with special made kernels. If you can handle the battery life, I can recommend Marcusant's rom. Version 7 is called anonymous rom.

I would say wait out another week.. If not you have 4 GB to choose from over at xda

I'm on Marcusant V7 and it works great... few little kinks here and there, but NFLX works, GPS works, and my battery life is actually better (a lot better) than I was getting on the latest Bonsai Froyo ROMs for some reason... although not having source code, he made enough system tweaks over 7 iterations of the ROM that it is really smooth and pretty good battery...