Froyo with only CIQ removed?

Galane

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone done a completely stock Froyo ROM for the Epic - minus only CIQ?

I'd like to take that then remove the stock/bloatware apps *I* want to remove, instead of what someone else thinks I don't need or want.

I have two Epics to customize, the owners happen to like the TouchWiz interface. One wants to keep the NASCAR app, the other doesn't. The football app has to go buh-bye. So many little differences it will be easier to start from the original package - but minus the CIQ that requires digging deep into the innards to get rid of.

Art2Fly

May 8, 2011
Visit site
CiQ is nothing man, dont worry about it. It doesnt slow, nor speedup your device, its just something that is there, it doesnt even take up 200kb of data and its not activated. if you want, go to the xda forums and get the EC05 plus rom, its pretty stock...

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone done a completely stock Froyo ROM for the Epic - minus only CIQ?

I'd like to take that then remove the stock/bloatware apps *I* want to remove, instead of what someone else thinks I don't need or want.

I have two Epics to customize, the owners happen to like the TouchWiz interface. One wants to keep the NASCAR app, the other doesn't. The football app has to go buh-bye. So many little differences it will be easier to start from the original package - but minus the CIQ that requires digging deep into the innards to get rid of.

Check this one out the one Art2Fly suggested:
[ROM][ODIN/CWM][RFS/EXT4][Journal On/Off][NOCIQ] EC05Plus 2.0 ***Uploading*** - xda-developers

Also check out Midnight 5.3 BYOR edition, its pretty bare, and you can flash standard zip packages he has to restore sprint apps and just go in and delete what you want before you flash the zip lostandtired.com
Read his blog then head over to the Android Development section to get the downloads

CiQ is nothing man, dont worry about it. It doesnt slow, nor speedup your device, its just something that is there, it doesnt even take up 200kb of data and its not activated. if you want, go to the xda forums and get the EC05 plus rom, its pretty stock...

CIQ reading for those that don't no about it...
[INFO REQ] Details on CIQ from DEV's - xda-developers

Last edited: