[THEME][EC05] Gears of War v1.5 ( Update 7/6/11 )

bradleypariah

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this because I don't want to sound ungrateful. :-X

I personally LOVE this theme, but how do I uninstall it if I want to just go back to my original Syndicate ROM theme for a while?
I don't intend to delete the Gears theme off my SD card.
I just change my mind/mood frequently so on some days I'll wake up and want Gears on there, some days I'll want it clean and all business, you know?

I'm hoping for a temporary solution, meaning I don't want to wipe & re-install the Syndicate ROM every time I want to remove this theme. Do I need to just put another theme on my SD so I can switch back and forth between downloaded themes, or is there possibly a way to simply disable this theme temporarily to go back to stock Syndicate?
I wouldn't mind having to boot into recovery to activate Gears again because it installs so quick.

I hope you devs understand I truly like your theme. If I intended to remove your theme for good, I trust you believe I would just re-install Syndicate and never post this question. :)
I truly and honestly just want a way to switch without having to format each time I go back to Syndicate.

Would someone possibly have a moment to guide me? O:)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this because I don't want to sound ungrateful. :-X

I personally LOVE this theme, but how do I uninstall it if I want to just go back to my original Syndicate ROM theme for a while?
I don't intend to delete the Gears theme off my SD card.
I just change my mind/mood frequently so on some days I'll wake up and want Gears on there, some days I'll want it clean and all business, you know?

I'm hoping for a temporary solution, meaning I don't want to wipe & re-install the Syndicate ROM every time I want to remove this theme. Do I need to just put another theme on my SD so I can switch back and forth between downloaded themes, or is there possibly a way to simply disable this theme temporarily to go back to stock Syndicate?
I wouldn't mind having to boot into recovery to activate Gears again because it installs so quick.

I hope you devs understand I truly like your theme. If I intended to remove your theme for good, I trust you believe I would just re-install Syndicate and never post this question. :)
I truly and honestly just want a way to switch without having to format each time I go back to Syndicate.

Would someone possibly have a moment to guide me? O:)
First thanks for enjoying our Gears of War theme.

Second, nothing wrong with this question at all... I'm sure others have been in the same situation with themes they like.

Best solution would be to load up Syndicate and get it how you like it setup. Then boot into CWM and make a Nandroid backup of that setup.

Then go ahead and wipe you cache partition/dalvik cache and flash the Gears of War theme. Boot up and get that setup how you like it and once again, go back into CWM and make a Nandroid backup of that setup.

Then you can boot into CWM, wipe everything data/cache/dalvik and RESTORE whichever backup you like to fit your mood for the day :)

As long as you don't make other backups then you will have these two to pick from so you don't get things mixed up. This would be your best option, only other way would be to actually make up your own custom theme of Syndicate to flash over GOW but you would have to make sure your replacing everything we changed in the GOW theme..

Lockscreen mod
framework-res.apk
twframework-res.apk
then all you other individual apks for the themed apps.

Choice is yours but I think the Nandroid backup and restores would be your best bet.

Reactions: bradleypariah

bradleypariah

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Is there an app called "Memo" that gets installed along with this theme?

I decided to play around and I used a Clockwork backup of Syndicate and the app was gone.

I really like that specific app, but I can't seem to find it on the Market? I don't want one that is just as good, I want that specific one. I know I could just leave my theme on GoW all the time, but I like variety. Anybody know what app I'm talking about? Am I even correct in believing that the GoW theme installs such an app?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app called "Memo" that gets installed along with this theme?

I decided to play around and I used a Clockwork backup of Syndicate and the app was gone.

I really like that specific app, but I can't seem to find it on the Market? I don't want one that is just as good, I want that specific one. I know I could just leave my theme on GoW all the time, but I like variety. Anybody know what app I'm talking about? Am I even correct in believing that the GoW theme installs such an app?

Memo (Flash in CWM, no wipe required)

Yes you were correct Memo is installed along with the GOW theme. Its a stock app that we included with a custom icon ;)

Enjoy and thanks again for the compliments on the theme :)

Reactions: bradleypariah

Mojimzer

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
im having a lot of trouble with this theme. the gallery, phone and android keep force closing and i installed the addons but none of the menus look like the screenshots. any suggestions?

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
im having a lot of trouble with this theme. the gallery, phone and android keep force closing and i installed the addons but none of the menus look like the screenshots. any suggestions?
Yes you have to wipe cache partition and dalvik cache before flashing. Otherwise if you do have FC's you can always go into Settings/Apps/Manage Apps/ and clear cache/data on the app in question.

As far as the addon's those are for use with ADW Launcher. You can click on the app's icon on your homescreen and select edit to change the apps stock icon with one of the custom icons we offered.

bigben5747

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a stock Htc evo 4g, this theme looks awesome and I was wondering if anyone could give step by step directions on how to install it (if its possible)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a stock Htc evo 4g, this theme looks awesome and I was wondering if anyone could give step by step directions on how to install it (if its possible)
You would have to find a dev willing to port it over to the HTC Evo. This theme is built for use on the Samsung Epic 4g.