[THEME][EC05] Gears of War v1.5 ( Update 7/6/11 )

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
[INFO]
Gears of War

snap20110623_130233.png

ZiggSeVO and Paul627g bring to you a theme based on the popular XBOX game, Gears of War. Anyone familiar with the game knows its a 3rd person based shooter that made its way back onto the XBOX back in 2006 selling over 3 million copies in its first 10 weeks. Coming in September is the 3rd and supposed to be final release in the Gears of War series and early beta testing and reviews have shown it to be probably the best yet. The game has won Game of the Year awards, has a book series its based on and even a planned movie in the works. The game is based on a team of military based individuals known as Delta Squad on the planet Sera. They are fighting for the last survival of the planet from the Locus Horde. It has a very interesting story plot behind the game that makes it so fun not only as a online mulitplayer game but also famous for its great campaign story mode game play. Its a game known for blood, sweat and for many heated comments/arguments between players during and after multiplayer gameplay.

I came to ZiggSeVO after he did his Gears of War boot animation with the idea of doing the theme because nobody out there has really attempted it. There was a awesome theme on the Blackberry back a year or so ago but nothing done really for Android. I owe a big thanks to Zigg for his work on most of the graphics and I handled most of arrangement of the theme and working with the files.
So far we believe we have captured the dark, gritty, not so pretty feeling and look that is Gears of War and the true Gears fan will appreciate the theme we are providing.

[NOTE]Please note this is a wip (work in progress) with updates planned as we design and finish other aspects of the theme.
** We are planning on eventually porting/upgrading this to Gingerbread so hold tight...
*** To any themers/devs your more than welcome to port this to your device, just leave us some credit.
[/NOTE]​

:: Summary of what is themed ::

Based on Froyo EC05
framework-res.apk
twframework-res.apk
DialerTabActivity.apk (keypad buttons)
Browser.apk (icon)
Camera.apk (icon)
ClockPackage.apk (icon)
Contacts.apk (icon)
Email.apk (icon)
Gallery3D.apk (icon)
Gmail.apk (icon)
Maps.apk (icon)
TouchWizCalendar.apk (icon)
Phone.apk (various icons)
Maps.apk (icon)
Memo.apk (icon)
Talk.apk (icon)
Settings.apk (icon)

Custom made Gears themed battery mod (ZiggSeVO)
Pop up/volume settings themed red to fit the Gears of War look.

:: Gears of War Theme v1.5 ( 7/3/11 ) :: ** See Next Post for Screenshots **

- Almost all notification icons in status bar, etc. have been themed (colored)
- Themed the TouchWiz Calendar
- Newly designed notification drop down background ** Landscape mode is WIP **
- New notification pull/grab bar.
- Zigg did a new dialer pad (Awesome!)
- More icons on the phone incoming calls themed
- Dialer In Call Background Graphic
- Themed Settings
- Themed the Glass Lockscreen
- Added Music Player custom icon (forgot this in the original release)

[NOTE]FIrst and most, thanks to maddoggin for the port of the 6 lockscreen mod which we are using.
shane6374, for help with some xml issues and theme questions.
p3dr0maz, for some theme help
chris41g, for answering some of my questions.
[/NOTE]

[TIP]
:: Installation instructions ::

Download Link : GOW Theme v1.5 without Boot Animation | Video Review (by qbking77) Thanks!

Download Link : GOW Theme v1.0 with Boot Animation | Installation Video/Review (by qbking77)
Download Link : GOW Theme v1.0 without Boot Animation (smaller download)

1. Download the theme and place it on sd card
2. Boot into CWM
3. Wipe cache/dalvik cache 3x
4. Install the zip
5. Reboot

I have found best results if coming from a fresh flash of a new ROM. If you have any FC's from different apps then try going into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and clear cache/data on the app of question.

- Only FC I have noticed personally receiving is from Titanium Backup. I have had to uninstall and reinstall the app after flashing.. I will look into what is causing this.

Optional Flashable Addons/Fixes:

Updated Phone.apk (New themed in-call dialer pad) | Preview (FLASH IN CWM, NO WIPE REQUIRED)
Wallpaper used in theme
Gears of War custom boot animations
Icon Pack for use in different launchers (Launcher Pro or ADW)
Maps/GMail/Market Icon Fix 6/30 (Fixes icon from Google app updates. Download most recent Market updates to phone FIRST then flash this fix.)

[/TIP]

[/INFO]

Last edited:

dadnkid

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [THEME][EC05] Gears of War

mine is only half working.
- no custom boot screen
- no cool unlock screen
- no cool home screen-
- only some icons are in gears of war format
- the phone dail is gears of war

im on ec05 and new clockwork

dadnkid

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

okay... i got it working now. i was on ec05 but also needed to have genocide and the kernal install too. that gave me the lock screen and everything is on the up and up now. completely new to this, but with all your guys help (and videos), feel like a semi pro

Reactions: btc0526

btc0526

I wish I worked at google
May 25, 2011
Visit site

Ok i have a question, i really want this on my epic. Im rooted and have cwm 2.5 something. Im on stock rom with stock kernal and i want to know how to install it. Can someone please help me flash this? Also how would i uninstall it once i need to get the gb update ota?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Ok i have a question, i really want this on my epic. Im rooted and have cwm 2.5 something. Im on stock rom with stock kernal and i want to know how to install it. Can someone please help me flash this? Also how would i uninstall it once i need to get the gb update ota?
You will need to be running EXT4, with a custom ROM to flash this theme...

I suggest something like either Syndicate ROM Frozen or Bonsai or any of the other EC05 based ROMs.

As far as converting to EXT4 and the latest CWM needed then either follow the instructions in the ROM thread of your choice or by going to the link below.

[Root] Epic 4G Froyo & Eclair ClockworkMod v3.0.2.5 Switch Between RFS & EXT4

Once you are converted to EXT4 and running custom ROMs you will need to use Odin and flash back to either Froyo EB13 or EC05 to receive the official GB OTA update. More info on this in the thread below.

[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

Reactions: btc0526

btc0526

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Thank you so much for replying! I was about to flash this onto stock Ec05 but im glad i decided to check back another time. I really want to but i just got this phone about 2 months ago and really cannot afford to get another replacement after i bricked it the first time. Thanks alot thougj

btc0526

May 25, 2011
Visit site

One question though... i saw the lockscreens from other phones (i.e puzzle piece) and was wondering if i could get these plain for my epic? I searched it and everyone was saying no but you seem like you know about it so thats why im asking

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
installed now it wont boot up what to do ? i have the purple clockwork mod gingerbread 2.3 thanks

This is an EC05 theme :(
Probably need to reflash a gb theme to get the frameworks right

One question though... i saw the lockscreens from other phones (i.e puzzle piece) and was wondering if i could get these plain for my epic? I searched it and everyone was saying no but you seem like you know about it so thats why im asking

Why would you want them plain this theme is awesome ;)
There is a stock lockscreen framework from maddoggn that you can look into but it will take all the theme elements out

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

installed now it wont boot up what to do ? i have the purple clockwork mod gingerbread 2.3 thanks

This is based on Froyo EC05. If your running Gingerbread 2.3 then it won't flash, hence that is why your phone is not booting up..

You may have to reflash Gingerbread to recover.

BTW, A Gingerbread port is in the works. We may hold off until official GB release so we can port 100% with the boot animation and all which requires custom kernels with boot animation support.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Will this rom still work on my phone if I am still on EB13?

Yes it should, Froyo is basically Froyo so you will in a sense have a cross breed version after flashing this.. Froyo EB13 system works with Froyo EC05 frameworks.

Just make a CWM backup before flashing just incase something doesn't work you can always restore back. I think it should flash fine ;)