[ROM] RandomROM PHOENIX II [AIO] EC05 | 11/29

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] RandomROM 2.2 vers.4 [Journaled] EC05 :: (Updated 6/23)

Not sure of the numbers, but I’m using CWM 3.something that is NOT the purple one. I know it’s not the latest version and I’m not sure what difference it would make aside from aesthetics. I could be wrong, though. I’ve also tried wiping everything you mentioned (delve, cache, factory reset…whatever they’re called) at least three times before installing the ROM.

And I’ve had no trouble installing other ROMs and they work fine for everything. I’m currently using Baked Snack 2.4, which I downloaded solely because it was supposed to have the best battery life of them all. The Baked Snack ROMs were good up until 1.6 (the latest Android 2.1 version) and after that, I don’t see a huge improvement. If anything, I think the battery life has gotten noticeably worse. Before, it would drain maybe 1% an hour when it was idle and now it’s definitely way above that. I also notice that the cell signal has been pretty bad in some places, like my office, where it used to be pretty reliable. Anywhere that I used to have a solid two bars, it keeps bouncing between one bar to roaming, always searching for a signal. I have to use Roam Control to keep it on roaming mode so I can get some sort of signal at my office. Now the signal problem could be a Sprint issue (maybe because of them losing their roaming agreements or upgrading their network) and could very well be coincidental, but the signal definitely gotten worse after I upgraded to Froyo.

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I will likely be uploading the final Froyo 2.2.1 version tomorrow afternoon/evening. I'm currently testing it and ironing out inconsistencies. I went back to version 1 and rebuilt all the changes of versions 1-4 into the fifth revision.

Keep a lookout and try that version. After that I'll be looking into Gingerbread, can't find anything else major to incorporate into Froyo.

:D

Last edited:
Reactions: dtm_stretch

zack370z

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

going to try it now!!! review to follow!
Update....installed without any issues over Syndicate ROM and Genocide Kernel...this ROM ROCKS!!!
Looks very promising and awesome features...I approve.

Last edited:

jpeepers

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site

Can I just flash this over one of the EF02 gingerbread leaks? (after wiping) or do I need to flash a EC05 modem or go back to stock first? Tired of the modem crashes with the gingerbread leaks and looking for something stable.

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Can I just flash this over one of the EF02 gingerbread leaks? (after wiping) or do I need to flash a EC05 modem or go back to stock first? Tired of the modem crashes with the gingerbread leaks and looking for something stable.
This rom can't flash over a gingerbread rom without doing a factory reset and clearing cache, etc. first. As far as the modem, I don't know if that modem works with Froyo personally. EC05 has served me well, so I haven't changed it (you know, if it ain't broke).

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

going to try it now!!! review to follow!
Update....installed without any issues over Syndicate ROM and Genocide Kernel...this ROM ROCKS!!!
Looks very promising and awesome features...I approve.

Glad you like it! :D

jpeepers

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site

This rom can't flash over a gingerbread rom without doing a factory reset and clearing cache, etc. first. As far as the modem, I don't know if that modem works with Froyo personally. EC05 has served me well, so I haven't changed it (you know, if it ain't broke).

Thanks.

I can't seem to get it to work for some reason. I Odin'd back to stock EC05, then loaded oneclick root CWM 3.1.0.1. Wiped everything 3 times and flashed the zip. Everythin seems to go well but the phone won't boot. Just sits at the Samsung screen and goes no further. Have tried it several times with no luck?

ski21

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

Is the update coming out tonight. I was planning on trying out the rom, and I've downloaded 2.2 ver 4.2
Is that the latest, or is there a newer one planning on coming out. I'd hate to flash then have to reflash, but then again, I think I'm becoming a flash-o-holic. Trying to find a rom that I really like. So far all the roms I've tried had 1 or 2 things I didn't like or it didn't have. Hopefully this rom will be the winning rom for me.

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.

I can't seem to get it to work for some reason. I Odin'd back to stock EC05, then loaded oneclick root CWM 3.1.0.1. Wiped everything 3 times and flashed the zip. Everythin seems to go well but the phone won't boot. Just sits at the Samsung screen and goes no further. Have tried it several times with no luck?

Try the Final version. I have a hunch I know what the problem is, and this latest/last version may do the trick.

If not:

Odin this EB13 pre-rerooted with CWM 3. Then Odin the EC05 modem. Update CWM, and flash the RandomROM 2.2-Final.

Last edited:

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
[ROM] RandomROM 2.2 Final [Journaled] EC05 :: (Updated 6/29)

Is the update coming out tonight. I was planning on trying out the rom, and I've downloaded 2.2 ver 4.2
Is that the latest, or is there a newer one planning on coming out. I'd hate to flash then have to reflash, but then again, I think I'm becoming a flash-o-holic. Trying to find a rom that I really like. So far all the roms I've tried had 1 or 2 things I didn't like or it didn't have. Hopefully this rom will be the winning rom for me.

Final version of 2.2.1 is now live!

I found an issue in my updater-script where the Genocide Kernel may not have been installing itself properly. It will work properly now. If you have a different kernel you have been using that you feel yields better performance/battery with this rom, let me know and I'll give it a test run.

Aside from that, let's hope for some good things with Gingerbread!

Last edited:
Reactions: dtm_stretch

jpeepers

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site

Try the Final version. I have a hunch I know what the problem is, and this latest/last version may do the trick.

New version worked like a champ thanks! Going to see how it works out for me through the day tomorrow. My biggest issues with most of the 2.2 Roms has been battery life. SRF 1.2 works great also but my battery is dead by mid-late afternoon with little to no use. Gingerbread Roms seem to have much better battery life for me but they all suffer modem crashes. Just can't win! :)

Anyone know of a theme available with no transparencies? (personal preference)

Keep up the good work, Thanks.

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

New version worked like a champ thanks! Going to see how it works out for me through the day tomorrow. My biggest issues with most of the 2.2 Roms has been battery life. SRF 1.2 works great also but my battery is dead by mid-late afternoon with little to no use. Gingerbread Roms seem to have much better battery life for me but they all suffer modem crashes. Just can't win! :)

Anyone know of a theme available with no transparencies? (personal preference)

Keep up the good work, Thanks.

The primary transparencies are the messaging app, market app, and pulldown menu. You only need to replace mms.apk, vending.apk, and twframework-res.apk with ones you prefer via rootexplorer or cwm flashing. ;)

jpeepers

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] RandomROM 2.2 Final [Journaled] EC05 :: (Updated 6/29)

Thanks for the info RK.

Not having such good battery life so far? My phone seems to be very finicky when it comes to ROM's and battery life. I've been off the charger for 3 hours and made no phone calls or used the phone for anything really and I'm down to 41% battery already. My Office is in a weak signal area so I bounce between Sprint and roaming all day long.

I did do a fresh battery cal yesterday also so I don;t think that's the issue.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the info RK.

Not having such good battery life so far? My phone seems to be very finicky when it comes to ROM's and battery life. I've been off the charger for 3 hours and made no phone calls or used the phone for anything really and I'm down to 41% battery already. My Office is in a weak signal area so I bounce between Sprint and roaming all day long.

I did do a fresh battery cal yesterday also so I don;t think that's the issue.

That is going to be your problem jpeepers, if the device is bouncing between signals on and off all day its eating up battery quickly. This would go the same for any device, if its not staying on a constant signal its making the system work hard, in return loss of battery faster.

jpeepers

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site

That is going to be your problem jpeepers, if the device is bouncing between signals on and off all day its eating up battery quickly. This would go the same for any device, if its not staying on a constant signal its making the system work hard, in return loss of battery faster.

Yeah, I know the bouncing around is killing my battery. Just can't figure out why some ROM's last so much longer then others? Like I said before, most of the gingerbread ROM's will get me through the day no problem but I can't live with the modem crashes. Any of the SRF, ACE, and this ROM are dead by early afternoon?

Hopefully someone will figure out why the gingerbread ROM's have modem crash issues?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I know the bouncing around is killing my battery. Just can't figure out why some ROM's last so much longer then others? Like I said before, most of the gingerbread ROM's will get me through the day no problem but I can't live with the modem crashes. Any of the SRF, ACE, and this ROM are dead by early afternoon?

Hopefully someone will figure out why the gingerbread ROM's have modem crash issues?

I think that is why they are still doing test builds on official GB, probably working on the modem issue, battery life and any other little quirks left behind.

CptDanger88

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

I really like this rom, but I seem to be having an issue with battery life. I've taken my phone off of the charger at 100% about an hour ago, and now it's already down to 79%, and it's been on WiFi the entire time, since I haven't left my house at all yet. Any idea why this is?

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm curious about the difference between the two versions: journaling and non-journaling. What does journaling do and which is better? And would either affect battery life?

Thanks!

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm curious about the difference between the two versions: journaling and non-journaling. What does journaling do and which is better? And would either affect battery life?

Thanks!

Journaling is the how the phone continuously writes and double writes data to its memory to ensure protection against data loss in the event of freezing or a battery pull. In theory, non-journaled systems are less harsh on the memory and would use less power. The actual effects... may likely be negligible.

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] RandomROM 2.2 Final [Journaled] EC05 | 7/4

I have added one more version. This is a revisit to the original RandomROM version. I have rebuilt it, updated all apps to match the newest revision, and tested/ensured it's functionality. Once again, read all information presented in the first two posts before installing, there's a special section with any necessary directions for install.

This version does not have all of the modifications that the Final version does. The reasoning being, that in it's original form, RandomROM has yielded me a loss of LESS THAN 1% PER HOUR WHEN IDLE!!! See screenshot with 10 min screen on time.

NOTE: In rare instances, a system freeze requiring battery pull did occur. For me, this only occurred when browsing through Google News in the stock browser. I now use News&Weather (GenieWidget) to do this, and it's more convenient anyway! I have not been able to replicate a system freeze in any other situation, personally, but should it happen, journaling is in place to protect your data.

NOTE 2: Mkasicks keyboard tweak has been included to speed up responsiveness of the physical keyboard, as well as theme v. 1.2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol