HTC Evo Shift Vs Samsung Epic 4G *ROOTED*

shawayne21

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
So I'm positive everyone see's this question all the time. But they always judge it on the stock phones. Well I'm looking to get one of these phones, but to ROOT them. Which one do you believe I should get and why? I'm also looking into battery life even though buying an extended battery isn't a problem. Also which rom do you think is best for your pick? Thanks in advance.

Will be posting in both sides to get more answers

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, HTC phones always have more developer support than Samsung phones (except the Nexus which is an exception since it is a dev phone). I would try both phones in person and see which you prefer, then take into account the ROM selection. The screen alone is a huge plus for the Epic.

ControlledChaos

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the Epic and a friend of mine has the Shift. Both are GREAT phones. The build quality seems a little higher on the HTC, but not enough to outweigh the much nicer screen and better keyboard of the Epic. Both are rooted and overclocked and there really doesn't seem to be much of a performance difference in actual everyday use. Watching movies and playing games is more fun on the Epic because of the brilliant screen! Battery life is better on the Shift even when I decided to stop overclocking my Epic. Signal strength seemed about the same on 3G/WiFi and GPS. No 4G around here, so I couldn't test it. :(

Hope that helps.

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, HTC phones always have more developer support than Samsung phones (except the Nexus which is an exception since it is a dev phone). I would try both phones in person and see which you prefer, then take into account the ROM selection. The screen alone is a huge plus for the Epic.
as ragnarokx has already indicated , HTC has a larger option of ROMs ( so if that is what you really want , consider that ) .... however , if you really want a BETTER screen and keyboard , and still have great ROMs ( just smaller number to choose from ) , then EPIC would be your choice ( my humble opinion ) :cool:

xalky

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
as ragnarokx has already indicated , HTC has a larger option of ROMs ( so if that is what you really want , consider that ) .... however , if you really want a BETTER screen and keyboard , and still have great ROMs ( just smaller number to choose from ) , then EPIC would be your choice ( my humble opinion ) :cool:

I have the epic and my wife has the evo with no keyboard. I prefer my epic..,, but thhat could be just because I'm used to it, and I prefer a physical keyboard. I really haven't lived with an evo but everytime I try to show her how to do something on her evo its like being dropped on another planet...I much prefer the menu layout on my epic. Again that could be just because I tweaked it to my preferences with root and the syndicate rom. I come from a palm phone and even though the epic is diffferent its more familiar than her epic to me.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

CorruptionDee

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Both are great phones, and it's a matter of preference. However, I prefer the Epic. I don't even use the physical keyboard, but it's an added bonus. The epic looks better to me (design wise), has a bigger screen 4" vs 3.7" on the Shift. The Epic has a vastly superior screen, Super AMOLED vs. LCD, front facing camera vs. none on the shift, technologically superior processor in the Hummingbird vs. 2nd Gen Snapdragon, and just overall better gaming and multimedia abilities.

If these points don't matter to you, just check the ROM selections between the two, and pick the phone you're most comfortable with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm