Won't get out of airplane mood

Rderosier86

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I try updating my firmware to go to the ef10 modem I believe by just going to status and update firmware. The phone said it needed to reset but i had it plug in so it turn off but then just stayed charging I turned it on manually and it says no service and if i go to wireless and netowork it says airplane mode on and I try unchecking it and it just stays at enabling wireless connection then it checks it self back into wireless mode.

I am running the gingerbread leak.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I try updating my firmware to go to the ef10 modem I believe by just going to status and update firmware. The phone said it needed to reset but i had it plug in so it turn off but then just stayed charging I turned it on manually and it says no service and if i go to wireless and netowork it says airplane mode on and I try unchecking it and it just stays at enabling wireless connection then it checks it self back into wireless mode.

I am running the gingerbread leak.

Your phone modem crashed. You need to reflash the modem with odin.

Reactions: Paul627g

fab5valentine

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that info.. Was running i3 and toggled to AP mode and it won't come out, even with battery pull. So I fed it a new ROM. How likely are modem crashes? Is it related to EF02 leak?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that info.. Was running i3 and toggled to AP mode and it won't come out, even with battery pull. So I fed it a new ROM. How likely are modem crashes? Is it related to EF02 leak?

Its with all the Epic Gingerbread ROMs and Modems. Happened to me since the first one. For me I've notices its when I have to roam (which is everyday I go to work).

fab5valentine

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Its with all the Epic Gingerbread ROMs and Modems. Happened to me since the first one. For me I've notices its when I have to roam (which is everyday I go to work).
Yes I found this to be the case too.. I switched EF02 ROMs and it took longer but broke the modem, it came back with a battery pull this time. Switched to EC05 modem and we'll see I guess..

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I got out of a modem crash yesterday by going into recovery, and wiping cache. Previous times a battery pull would work, but thankfully so far, I haven't had to reflash. I am on the stock gingerbread leak and the EF10 radio.

mdmogren

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I've had this happen to me like 4 times with the ANONYMOUS i3 ROM. From what I can tell it happens when the phone has a very weak to no signal and after disconnecting/connecting so many times it gets stuck in airplane mode... Reflashing the ROM on top of itself (without erasing anything) fixes it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I guess this explains why they are still doing test builds on GB... They must still be banging away on fixing the modem issues and whatever few bugs are left in the ROM.

jpeepers

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Your phone modem crashed. You need to reflash the modem with odin.

No need to re-flash. A power down and battery pull for a minute should bring it back. I'm having the same issue on all gingerbread ROM's/Modem versions. Seems to be more prevalent in low signal areas or areas where you may bounce to roaming and back.

ruffnerr

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
No need to re-flash. A power down and battery pull for a minute should bring it back. I'm having the same issue on all gingerbread ROM's/Modem versions. Seems to be more prevalent in low signal areas or areas where you may bounce to roaming and back.

I wish it were that simple. Over the weekend, mine got into the Airplane mood and would not leave it for anything. Rebooting, pulling battery for an hour or more, etc. It finally decided to settle down Sunday night.

If you google Epic 4G airplane mode, you will find that this seems to be a common complaint across all versions, and there seems to be no good solution, nor anything official from Sprint/Samsung. At some point this weekend, I thought I was going to have to activate an old BB and wait out my contract for an EVO.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I wish it were that simple. Over the weekend, mine got into the Airplane mood and would not leave it for anything. Rebooting, pulling battery for an hour or more, etc. It finally decided to settle down Sunday night.

If you google Epic 4G airplane mode, you will find that this seems to be a common complaint across all versions, and there seems to be no good solution, nor anything official from Sprint/Samsung. At some point this weekend, I thought I was going to have to activate an old BB and wait out my contract for an EVO.

Another annoying bug is the volume for ringers being reset to low. I was constantly fixing that for my gf on her epic. Don't know why hers did it, but I hadn't been using a stock ROM since January, so I never had the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800