1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Won't get out of airplane mood

I try updating my firmware to go to the ef10 modem I believe by just going to status and update firmware. The phone said it needed to reset but i had it plug in so it turn off but then just stayed charging I turned it on manually and it says no service and if i go to wireless and netowork it says airplane mode on and I try unchecking it and it just stays at enabling wireless connection then it checks it self back into wireless mode.

I am running the gingerbread leak.
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Default Re: Won't get out of airplane mood

Quote Originally Posted by Rderosier86 View Post
    I try updating my firmware to go to the ef10 modem I believe by just going to status and update firmware. The phone said it needed to reset but i had it plug in so it turn off but then just stayed charging I turned it on manually and it says no service and if i go to wireless and netowork it says airplane mode on and I try unchecking it and it just stays at enabling wireless connection then it checks it self back into wireless mode.

I am running the gingerbread leak.
    Your phone modem crashed. You need to reflash the modem with odin.
    Thanked by:

@dtm_stretch, thanks for answering that....
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:

Maybe if you treat it better it'll be in a better "mood"

ROM
    Emerald Envy 2.0

Thanks for that info.. Was running i3 and toggled to AP mode and it won't come out, even with battery pull. So I fed it a new ROM. How likely are modem crashes? Is it related to EF02 leak?

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by fab5valentine View Post
    Thanks for that info.. Was running i3 and toggled to AP mode and it won't come out, even with battery pull. So I fed it a new ROM. How likely are modem crashes? Is it related to EF02 leak?
    Its with all the Epic Gingerbread ROMs and Modems. Happened to me since the first one. For me I've notices its when I have to roam (which is everyday I go to work).

ROM
    Emerald Envy 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    Its with all the Epic Gingerbread ROMs and Modems. Happened to me since the first one. For me I've notices its when I have to roam (which is everyday I go to work).
    Yes I found this to be the case too.. I switched EF02 ROMs and it took longer but broke the modem, it came back with a battery pull this time. Switched to EC05 modem and we'll see I guess..

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Full Stock

I got out of a modem crash yesterday by going into recovery, and wiping cache. Previous times a battery pull would work, but thankfully so far, I haven't had to reflash. I am on the stock gingerbread leak and the EF10 radio.

Global Posts
    558 Global Posts

I've had this happen to me like 4 times with the ANONYMOUS i3 ROM. From what I can tell it happens when the phone has a very weak to no signal and after disconnecting/connecting so many times it gets stuck in airplane mode... Reflashing the ROM on top of itself (without erasing anything) fixes it.

I guess this explains why they are still doing test builds on GB... They must still be banging away on fixing the modem issues and whatever few bugs are left in the ROM.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by dtm_stretch View Post
    Your phone modem crashed. You need to reflash the modem with odin.
    No need to re-flash. A power down and battery pull for a minute should bring it back. I'm having the same issue on all gingerbread ROMs/Modem versions. Seems to be more prevalent in low signal areas or areas where you may bounce to roaming and back.

Quote Originally Posted by jpeepers View Post
    No need to re-flash. A power down and battery pull for a minute should bring it back. I'm having the same issue on all gingerbread ROMs/Modem versions. Seems to be more prevalent in low signal areas or areas where you may bounce to roaming and back.

I wish it were that simple. Over the weekend, mine got into the Airplane mood and would not leave it for anything. Rebooting, pulling battery for an hour or more, etc. It finally decided to settle down Sunday night.

If you google Epic 4G airplane mode, you will find that this seems to be a common complaint across all versions, and there seems to be no good solution, nor anything official from Sprint/Samsung. At some point this weekend, I thought I was going to have to activate an old BB and wait out my contract for an EVO.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ruffnerr View Post
    I wish it were that simple. Over the weekend, mine got into the Airplane mood and would not leave it for anything. Rebooting, pulling battery for an hour or more, etc. It finally decided to settle down Sunday night.

If you google Epic 4G airplane mode, you will find that this seems to be a common complaint across all versions, and there seems to be no good solution, nor anything official from Sprint/Samsung. At some point this weekend, I thought I was going to have to activate an old BB and wait out my contract for an EVO.
    Another annoying bug is the volume for ringers being reset to low. I was constantly fixing that for my gf on her epic. Don't know why hers did it, but I hadn't been using a stock ROM since January, so I never had the issue.