1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Default TV Out?

Ok, I am very upset! 1800mobiles.com sells you a supposedly 3.5mm cable for the Samsung EPIC 4G and when you get the cable it does not work, you don't get the TV Out option. Can someone please explain how to get this TV Out working?

Thanks!

Default Re: TV Out?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
    Ok, I am very upset! 1800mobiles.com sells you a supposedly 3.5mm cable for the Samsung EPIC 4G and when you get the cable it does not work, you don't get the TV Out option. Can someone please explain how to get this TV Out working?

Thanks!
    The TV out only seems to work with a GSM based Galaxy S device. The Epic, Continium, Facinate DO NOT do TV out through the 3.5mm jack. Devs have been plugging away at it for a while, to no avail. Sites like 1800mobiles.com see "Galaxy S" and don't realize that they are not all the same phone on different carriers. Send it back, get a refund, and refer them to any dev site to clarify that their cable won't work.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...

ROM
    ACS_ICS_V5

Check out this item I found on eBay:

Samsung Galaxy S Micro USB to HDMI Video Cable

Link:

(Sent from eBay Mobile for Android)

Global Posts
    1,234 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ace Rom 1.7 / ACS 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrich69 View Post

151 dollars my but what a rip off I did not pay that much for my epic

Link:

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ratsttam View Post
    The TV out only seems to work with a GSM based Galaxy S device. The Epic, Continium, Facinate DO NOT do TV out through the 3.5mm jack. Devs have been plugging away at it for a while, to no avail. Sites like 1800mobiles.com see "Galaxy S" and don't realize that they are not all the same phone on different carriers. Send it back, get a refund, and refer them to any dev site to clarify that their cable won't work.
    That's exactly what I did. Too bad, such a nice phone... I use a projector and it doesn't have DNLA, only HDMI, Video, S-Video, VGA, and even Coaxial but no NET...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrich69 View Post

Link:

You're joking right? I spent $10 and found out there is not TV OUT (no 3.5, no usb) and you suggest a $150 cable?

Good humor!

Not even god himself can make the Epic 4G do tvout.

ROM
    ACS_ICS_V5

Quote Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
    You're joking right? I spent $10 and found out there is not TV OUT (no 3.5, no usb) and you suggest a $150 cable?

Good humor!
    Devs say no tv out through 3.5 Jack never said not through usb

Some people have said they were gonna have tvout working on Epic 4G,but they failed and then went into hiding without a word about progress or what had or had not been accomplished...They just close the treads hoping that people will forget.He knows who he is.

ROM
    midNIGHT EXT4

use dlna through your x-box or ps3

Quote Originally Posted by thojmoto View Post
    use dlna through your x-box or ps3
    While that may work well at home, Some people don't have either an xbox or ps3. I personally don't, and won't ever, have one.
    What I would love to see, is the 3.5mm jack (or the usb, keeping the ability to charge the phone too) output to composite (yellow/red/white). MY reasons for wanting this to come about, is that my van has a dvd based entertainment setup, with composite input for a game system or other video device.

We're not sure if the new official GB kernel code will have something that will make it work, but from the hard time that Samsung has had of getting SOUND output from the usb port on their own official dock (was supposed to be enabled in 2.2), it's not looking all that promising that it'll work ever.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Would have been nice to have a portable player (EPIC) and just carry a cable in the car... My wife has the EVO and I just flashed CM7 + godmode kernel + HDMwIn, loving every minute of it!! I might just give up the EPIC...