theme that doesn't consume my battery?

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I'm running SRF 1.2 with twilight zone 1.1 and have the emotionless beast ressurection theme running. My question is, is there a theme that doesn't consume my battery? Emotionless beast seems to be draining my battery much faster than normal, about 10% an hour if not more. I love the theme but its gotta go if its gonna keep chugging my battery. Do all themes consume battery this much?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Theme's

Well one rule of thumb has always been the more color in any theme the more battery it consumes to produce those colors on screen...

Reactions: sprocket2107

skyward

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Theme's

Okay so I'm running SRF 1.2 with twilight zone 1.1 and have the emotionless beast ressurection theme running. My question is, is there a theme that doesn't consume my battery? Emotionless beast seems to be draining my battery much faster than normal, about 10% an hour if not more. I love the theme but its gotta go if its gonna keep chugging my battery. Do all themes consume battery this much?
Bionix Black should help your battery. Download link is down while mods are made to the theme.

[ACS][Theme][Port]Bionix Black[By Maddoggin][SRF_n_BONSAI campatible] - xda-developers

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
So it doesn't look like the link will be up for some time now. What other themes would help maintain my battery life? Sorry to bring this all back up. I don't need a theme but they are just a nice way for me to have a unique device. Thanks guys

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with Bonsai 4.1.1. ROM. I've been running Bonsai on and off since I started rooting back 7 plus months ago. Bonsai has always been a stable, great base ROM and the newest 4.1.1 version is probably some of their best work to date. I get excellent battery and a very stable, simple ROM and then I flash whatever theme I like over the top.

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Do you get good battery life with the gears of war and/or halo theme? Those are both phenomenal themes. Would you say Bonsai 4.1.1 is better than SRF 1.2? I love SRF and its been pretty stable. What kernel are you using with Bonsai? Sorry for all the questions. haha. Thanks a bunch!

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
IMAG0002.jpg

That's over 3 days on a single charge. Few phone calls, but it hasn't left my apartment. Nonetheless, impressive battery life with AOSP-like ROM and EF02 Modem. No connectivity issues.

dead78

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
That's insane. My battery life meter is always hovering around 90% display and I could never get more than a day out of a battery.

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
IMAG0002.jpg

That's over 3 days on a single charge. Few phone calls, but it hasn't left my apartment. Nonetheless, impressive battery life with AOSP-like ROM and EF02 Modem. No connectivity issues.

what are you running? That's absolutely insane. I would love to be able to get that, haha if there is an EC05 ROM that I could get that kind of battery life with then I am all over that.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you get good battery life with the gears of war and/or halo theme? Those are both phenomenal themes. Would you say Bonsai 4.1.1 is better than SRF 1.2? I love SRF and its been pretty stable. What kernel are you using with Bonsai? Sorry for all the questions. haha. Thanks a bunch!

Not bad on battery with GOW/Halo themes. It could be a bit better but when your asking the phone to run such detailed themes your willing to give up a bit of battery. Bonsai I think is running a bit better than SRF. I like SRF a lot too, I have nothing but good to say about it also but I think Bonsai nailed it down a bit better this time around. The included Bonsai kernel has been flawless for me. I have had maybe 2 or 3 freezes in say about a months time including beta testing on this ROM. That is just insane.

I don't think you could really go wrong with SRF or Bonsai for a choice base ROM to run and then theme over the top. If you haven't tried Bonsai its worth a test drive I think u will be impressed at its stability and battery life.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I am using aosp-like rom. I haven't been using this phone as a primary since I opened a line at verizon. This phone is still activated and I am using it right now to write this from the browser on 3g. Anyone who uses their epic as their primary device won't get this milage... but you should definitely get over 1 day. I have answered calls, sent and received texts and now right at the 4 day mark without charging. This is the original (since day 1) battery. Having a thunderbolt now, I do wish I got as good battery life as this, but ill live with it for now.

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I am using aosp-like rom. I haven't been using this phone as a primary since I opened a line at verizon. This phone is still activated and I am using it right now to write this from the browser on 3g. Anyone who uses their epic as their primary device won't get this milage... but you should definitely get over 1 day. I have answered calls, sent and received texts and now right at the 4 day mark without charging. This is the original (since day 1) battery. Having a thunderbolt now, I do wish I got as good battery life as this, but ill live with it for now.

Is there a link for that?

CptDanger88

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently running Bonsai, and the MattedBlues theme, but I'm desperately waiting for that BionixBlack theme to be available again. It looks so amazing.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently running Bonsai, and the MattedBlues theme, but I'm desperately waiting for that BionixBlack theme to be available again. It looks so amazing.
It was a great theme, I ran it for a good month or better when it first came out. For a simple black and white theme it just works.