Which Case?

cydex123

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I am having a hard time deciding on the TPU cases without seeing it in person.

Anyone who has the Matte and High Gloss, can you tell me which one you prefer? I will probably go for the black color.

Is the High Gloss very prone to fingerprints and smudges? Is it easy to get dust particles stuck on the Matte?

cacherpaderp

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I am having a hard time deciding on the TPU cases without seeing it in person.

Anyone who has the Matte and High Gloss, can you tell me which one you prefer? I will probably go for the black color.

Is the High Gloss very prone to fingerprints and smudges? Is it easy to get dust particles stuck on the Matte?

The High Gloss black is less prone to fingerprints than the screen of the device. I love the high gloss. My friend ordered the Matte black so I'll compare them once I see his.

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I love the matte case I got. The back portion is matte and the top 1/4 around the screen and edge is gloss black (kinda like a two piece snap on case look). It's all one piece though and fits like a glove.

cydex123

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Any updates on this guys? If your ordered it, can you take some pictures comparing the different cases? The pictures they have on the site don't really show the real color, IMO.

mrnd23

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Are these cases also good against drops? are they sturdy and withstand at least regular falls? it fits, its light and cheap and all the other good stuff. i havent seen anyone mention how good it is at protecting the phone.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Are these cases also good against drops? are they sturdy and withstand at least regular falls? it fits, its light and cheap and all the other good stuff. i havent seen anyone mention how good it is at protecting the phone.

Haha I don't think anyone is willing to test it. My guess is, it will protect the casing of your phone quite nicely from dings, scuffs and scratches if you happen to drop it on something hard like pavement. I'd imagine it provides "some" impact protection too, but if that's your primary concern I'd think there will be some better alternatives available soon.

One of the things I do really like about the case is it raises that back just enough so that the camera lens doesn't contact the surface its laying on, and the front has a lip just high enough to keep the screen from touching if you have it face down (like when you turn it over to ignore an incoming call). This should go a long way in protecting two important components from getting scratched.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I really hope SGP doesn't wait until all the versions of the Galaxy S II are released before they start making cases (what they told me in an email) b/c who knows when that'll be? I have the Sprint kickstand one for now and it's adequate, but I really want an SGP or Otterbox case.

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I really hope SGP doesn't wait until all the versions of the Galaxy S II are released before they start making cases (what they told me in an email) b/c who knows when that'll be? I have the Sprint kickstand one for now and it's adequate, but I really want an SGP or Otterbox case.

I hope this is not the case as well as I'm also awaiting a holster from them. It seems like everyone is dragging their feet as far as pushing out accessories for this phone...

mrnd23

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Haha I don't think anyone is willing to test it. My guess is, it will protect the casing of your phone quite nicely from dings, scuffs and scratches if you happen to drop it on something hard like pavement. I'd imagine it provides "some" impact protection too, but if that's your primary concern I'd think there will be some better alternatives available soon.

Hahaha. I wasnt hoping to get an answer from someone who has tested it on purpose but maybe on accident. If someone had a drop and this ever protected their phone. (Not for this phone but someone who has used TPU cases before.

cydex123

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the Matte Black Back case through TPU Amazon, because I had a giftcard.

When it says "Sold through TPU", is it like the same thing as ordering through the TPU site? Same shipping speed? I picked the default 3-5 business days.

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My TPU black gloss case arrived today. I love it! :D It adds just enough extra size to where I don't fear I will drop the phone. I passed on the included screen protector. Couldn't get it to fit right without leaving lots of air bubbles.

mrnd23

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the video link. Just bought the case from the tpu website. for some reason the amazon website shows a 2.95 shipping charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888