Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Which Case?

    I was looking at the TPU case and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Are they the material that gets stuck when you pull it from your pocket?

    Amazon.com: TPU-Cases Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch [Sprint] (TPU-Cases Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories

    If so, I may have to spend more a bit more and get the option with the kickstand

  2. #2  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    TPU cases are the best used one on my 3D. f
    I'm getting ready to order one for my GSII
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    No, it will not get stuck in your pocket like a rubbery silicone case will. TPU cases are made out of thermo polyurethane, which is bendable like silicone but not stretchable. It's kind of like a cross between a hard shell case and a silicone case.

    The bottom line is, it's slip resistant, but not so sticky that you can't pull the thing out of your pocket.

    I just popped my phone into the matte black version of the case and I do like it. It adds minimal girth to the phone which was important to me, and snaps in like a glove.

    For the $9 price tag I highly recommend it.
    Thanked by 3:
    JMU_GSII likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    No, it will not get stuck in your pocket like a rubbery silicone case will. TPU cases are made out of thermo polyurethane, which is bendable like silicone but not stretchable. It's kind of like a cross between a hard shell case and a silicone case.

    The bottom line is, it's slip resistant, but not so sticky that you can't pull the thing out of your pocket.

    I just popped my phone into the matte black version of the case and I do like it. It adds minimal girth to the phone which was important to me, and snaps in like a glove.

    For the $9 price tag I highly recommend it.
    I second this opinion. After having been offered the "kickstand" case at the Sprint store for $30, I was very thankful that I had ordered a TPU case from Ebay. I walked to my car and snapped it on. Perfect fit. I highly suggest it.
  5. #5  
    jfenton's Avatar

    Posts
    497 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which Case?

    I tried out the carbon fiber quicksand case at the store this morning and didn't like it...some edges really really felt sharp on my fingers. Have since put the TPU case on and it is absolutely perfect. Feels lime it isn't even there.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    TPU cases are the best used one on my 3D. f
    I'm getting ready to order one for my GSII
    I have to admit, the only reason I purchase the case was because I wanted the free screen protector, (as it wasn't none available at the time), but I have to say that I'm really digging this case, It is really nice. The screen protector however is not. It is a tad to WIDE & so one side will not lay flat on the phone thus creating a large air bubble that runs the entire length of the phone. So the hunt for a decent screen protector continues. At least I got a nice case out of it!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    Quote Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
    I have to admit, the only reason I purchase the case was because I wanted the free screen protector, (as it wasn't none available at the time), but I have to say that I'm really digging this case, It is really nice. The screen protector however is not. It is a tad to WIDE & so one side will not lay flat on the phone thus creating a large air bubble that runs the entire length of the phone. So the hunt for a decent screen protector continues. At least I got a nice case out of it!
    Ditto for me, ended up going to Sprint and got a 3 pack for 12 bucks that fit perfectly. The case is the best one and helps protect front and back lens.

    Ian B
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    I'm waiting for either seidio to make one or hopefully incipio. I sent an email last night to incipio asking about when the NGP case would be available but I don't expect a response til Monday. I want to be able to quickly take it out of the case to put in the car dock, such reminds me I need to track down a factory car dock cause my store didn't have any.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
    I'm waiting for either seidio to make one or hopefully incipio. I sent an email last night to incipio asking about when the NGP case would be available but I don't expect a response til Monday. I want to be able to quickly take it out of the case to put in the car dock, such reminds me I need to track down a factory car dock cause my store didn't have any.

    +1 to Chuck's - looking forward to a Seidio (something like the Innocase Active Case Limited Edition for the HTC Evo 4G) or preferrsbly an Otterbox Commuter case.

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    The TPU case isn't available on Amazon anymore. I was about to order it.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    I got a microfiber pouch from radio shack for $5...i like my phone naked, just something to protect while in the pocket and bag
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    I got a microfiber pouch from radio shack for $5...i like my phone naked, just something to protect while in the pocket and bag
    You were a Palm Pre user too weren't you? I still have the old Palm pouch lying around somewhere I think... way too small for the GS2 though.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    I wasted 30bucks on that same kickstand case. It's stylish though and I was desperate for a case. Best Buy didn't have any and the Sprint store had the kickstand cases in stock. So I had an impulse buy. not to mention Sprint store also sold me a 3pack of screen covers for a good hunk of change. I felt cheated leaving that place.


    Why did I pay 30bucks for a freaking case? I really just realized how dumb that was
    Last edited by nikeairs23; 09-18-2011 at 02:03 AM.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    TPU case are super thin and fit like a glove. I highly recommend
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    Quote Originally Posted by youngjediboy View Post
    The TPU case isn't available on Amazon anymore. I was about to order it.

  16. #16  
    bmrisko's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which Case?

    Quote Originally Posted by youngjediboy View Post
    The TPU case isn't available on Amazon anymore. I was about to order it.
    They are all still available on Amazon except for the matte black.

    TPU-Cases @ Amazon.com: epic touch
  17. #17  
    metroff1's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which Case?

    Does anyone know if the kickstand case available from Day Deal is the same one from Sprint or are, they different?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    Quote Originally Posted by nikeairs23 View Post
    I wasted 30bucks on that same kickstand case. It's stylish though and I was desperate for a case. Best Buy didn't have any and the Sprint store had the kickstand cases in stock. So I had an impulse buy. not to mention Sprint store also sold me a 3pack of screen covers for a good hunk of change. I felt cheated leaving that place.


    Why did I pay 30bucks for a freaking case? I really just realized how dumb that was
    you can still return it.....
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    Quote Originally Posted by youngjediboy View Post
    You were a Palm Pre user too weren't you? I still have the old Palm pouch lying around somewhere I think... way too small for the GS2 though.
    nope....maybe a palm treo 650..lol

    i've never been a fan of putting screen protectors and crap on..it takes away from the "touch" and
    "visual" experience....

    unless you are clumsy and drop things in your hand, it may come in handy

    for me, i tend to ruin my phones while in pocket with keys, coins, etc
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    I'm Looking for a White Case
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    you can still return it.....

    I opened it
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    I am having a hard time deciding on the TPU cases without seeing it in person.

    Anyone who has the Matte and High Gloss, can you tell me which one you prefer? I will probably go for the black color.

    Is the High Gloss very prone to fingerprints and smudges? Is it easy to get dust particles stuck on the Matte?
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    Quote Originally Posted by cydex123 View Post
    I am having a hard time deciding on the TPU cases without seeing it in person.

    Anyone who has the Matte and High Gloss, can you tell me which one you prefer? I will probably go for the black color.

    Is the High Gloss very prone to fingerprints and smudges? Is it easy to get dust particles stuck on the Matte?
    The High Gloss black is less prone to fingerprints than the screen of the device. I love the high gloss. My friend ordered the Matte black so I'll compare them once I see his.
  24. #24  
    vader4633's Avatar

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Which Case?

    I love the matte case I got. The back portion is matte and the top 1/4 around the screen and edge is gloss black (kinda like a two piece snap on case look). It's all one piece though and fits like a glove.
    Sprint Smartphones: HTC Touch to HTC Diamond to Palm Pre to HTC EVO 4g (returned within 30 days) to Samsung Epic 4g to Epic 4g Touch to Galaxy Note 2.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Which Case?

    Any updates on this guys? If your ordered it, can you take some pictures comparing the different cases? The pictures they have on the site don't really show the real color, IMO.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

B