Which Case?

Trullinger

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at the TPU case and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Are they the material that gets stuck when you pull it from your pocket?

Amazon.com: TPU-Cases Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch [Sprint] (TPU-Cases Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories

If so, I may have to spend more a bit more and get the option with the kickstand

Kickstand Pleather Back Cover for Samsung Epic 4G Touch, Carbon Fiber Weave SAD710GSBK

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
No, it will not get stuck in your pocket like a rubbery silicone case will. TPU cases are made out of thermo polyurethane, which is bendable like silicone but not stretchable. It's kind of like a cross between a hard shell case and a silicone case.

The bottom line is, it's slip resistant, but not so sticky that you can't pull the thing out of your pocket.

I just popped my phone into the matte black version of the case and I do like it. It adds minimal girth to the phone which was important to me, and snaps in like a glove.

For the $9 price tag I highly recommend it.

locationman52

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
No, it will not get stuck in your pocket like a rubbery silicone case will. TPU cases are made out of thermo polyurethane, which is bendable like silicone but not stretchable. It's kind of like a cross between a hard shell case and a silicone case.

The bottom line is, it's slip resistant, but not so sticky that you can't pull the thing out of your pocket.

I just popped my phone into the matte black version of the case and I do like it. It adds minimal girth to the phone which was important to me, and snaps in like a glove.

For the $9 price tag I highly recommend it.

I second this opinion. After having been offered the "kickstand" case at the Sprint store for $30, I was very thankful that I had ordered a TPU case from Ebay. I walked to my car and snapped it on. Perfect fit. I highly suggest it.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I tried out the carbon fiber quicksand case at the store this morning and didn't like it...some edges really really felt sharp on my fingers. Have since put the TPU case on and it is absolutely perfect. Feels lime it isn't even there.

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
TPU cases are the best used one on my 3D. f
I'm getting ready to order one for my GSII :)

I have to admit, the only reason I purchase the case was because I wanted the free screen protector, (as it wasn't none available at the time), but I have to say that I'm really digging this case, It is really nice. The screen protector however is not. It is a tad to WIDE & so one side will not lay flat on the phone thus creating a large air bubble that runs the entire length of the phone. So the hunt for a decent screen protector continues. At least I got a nice case out of it!

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit, the only reason I purchase the case was because I wanted the free screen protector, (as it wasn't none available at the time), but I have to say that I'm really digging this case, It is really nice. The screen protector however is not. It is a tad to WIDE & so one side will not lay flat on the phone thus creating a large air bubble that runs the entire length of the phone. So the hunt for a decent screen protector continues. At least I got a nice case out of it!

Ditto for me, ended up going to Sprint and got a 3 pack for 12 bucks that fit perfectly. The case is the best one and helps protect front and back lens.

Ian B

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm waiting for either seidio to make one or hopefully incipio. I sent an email last night to incipio asking about when the NGP case would be available but I don't expect a response til Monday. I want to be able to quickly take it out of the case to put in the car dock, such reminds me I need to track down a factory car dock cause my store didn't have any.

RnFstRuckHrd

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for either seidio to make one or hopefully incipio. I sent an email last night to incipio asking about when the NGP case would be available but I don't expect a response til Monday. I want to be able to quickly take it out of the case to put in the car dock, such reminds me I need to track down a factory car dock cause my store didn't have any.

+1 to Chuck's - looking forward to a Seidio (something like the Innocase Active Case Limited Edition for the HTC Evo 4G) or preferrsbly an Otterbox Commuter case.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I got a microfiber pouch from radio shack for $5...i like my phone naked, just something to protect while in the pocket and bag

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I got a microfiber pouch from radio shack for $5...i like my phone naked, just something to protect while in the pocket and bag

You were a Palm Pre user too weren't you? I still have the old Palm pouch lying around somewhere I think... way too small for the GS2 though. :)

nikeairs23

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I wasted 30bucks on that same kickstand case. It's stylish though and I was desperate for a case. Best Buy didn't have any and the Sprint store had the kickstand cases in stock. So I had an impulse buy. not to mention Sprint store also sold me a 3pack of screen covers for a good hunk of change. I felt cheated leaving that place.

Why did I pay 30bucks for a freaking case? I really just realized how dumb that was

Last edited:

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I wasted 30bucks on that same kickstand case. It's stylish though and I was desperate for a case. Best Buy didn't have any and the Sprint store had the kickstand cases in stock. So I had an impulse buy. not to mention Sprint store also sold me a 3pack of screen covers for a good hunk of change. I felt cheated leaving that place.

Why did I pay 30bucks for a freaking case? I really just realized how dumb that was

you can still return it.....

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
You were a Palm Pre user too weren't you? I still have the old Palm pouch lying around somewhere I think... way too small for the GS2 though. :)

nope....maybe a palm treo 650..lol

i've never been a fan of putting screen protectors and crap on..it takes away from the "touch" and
"visual" experience....

unless you are clumsy and drop things in your hand, it may come in handy

for me, i tend to ruin my phones while in pocket with keys, coins, etc

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2