Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What screen protector are you using for your new Epic 4G Touc

The steinheil ultra crystal I purchased came in today. I see why people consider this to be the best screen protector in the market today. I did get some dust or lint inside it but that can be avoided. Once it settles in, it look and feels like nothing is there.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by SixOne9 View Post
    The steinheil ultra crystal I purchased came in today. I see why people consider this to be the best screen protector in the market today. I did get some dust or lint inside it but that can be avoided. Once it settles in, it look and feels like nothing is there.

Tell these fools how much better it is than Zagg and other wet application protectors...please. I feel like I'm pissing in the wind with this sometimes.

I've used wet type protectors before and it does take away the clarity of a screen and has a "sticky" feel to it (dont remember the brand). The steinheil is easily the best I've ever used. I got the ultra crystal since it provides the best clarity. They have anti-fingerprint protectors but its a matte film and probably doesn't look as clear. The sceen on the gs2 looks too damn good to get anything else. It does get fingerprints but a quick wipe takes care of that. It really feels and looks like there's nothing there.

I got the static cling ones from Sprint. They come 3 in a pack, one is the anti-glare which I didn't like, made the screen seem pixily (?), other ones seem GTG though

Quote Originally Posted by SixOne9 View Post

Nice... These are the only Screen protectors I use. They pack in some Dust Removal Stickers that will help u nab those last few stubborn bits of lint & dust. The easiest way to do it is get a piece of scotch tape and attached it to the face of the area of the screen protector u would like to lift. Then u just lift with the tape & use the stickers to nab the lint.

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

If I take my phone and the screen protectors to a Sprint store will they put them on for me? I'm really bad at putting them on.

another vote for steinheil, i got in the ultra opt. and put it on after first getting in the skinomi brand, I could not get that off fast enough to put on the last brand of screen protectors I will ever buy
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

Gorilla. Glass. Naked.

~will work for food~

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by tkemack View Post
    Gorilla. Glass. Naked.

~will work for food~
    Gorilla. Glass. Scratched. Lmao

I just took off my vzw screen protector and I really like how much clearer my screen is without it.

My only choice would be one of those mall guy installed screen protectors cuz I don't have the patience to do it. I think I might just go au natural til summer. I'll need a.screen protector for summer to protect against sunscreen smudges.

Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Seriously, do not buy that crap. Best screen protector out there is Steinheil Ultra Crystal. Completely clear and feels like glass. Zaggs, and other wet application protectors are obsolete.
    Find me a place that installs it for me and I will!

I purchased my phone from best buy. BB didn't have any protectors or cases, so I went to the sprint store. Purchased them there. Went to the car and messed up installing. Went back and asked them to install it. No prob. It's sprint and you're a customer. They'll do it. The guy that did it, did it quick. Even got the air bubbles out w/ a credit card

found this vid. After becoming interested in the Steinheil. Do any of you use camera lens protectors?
    Last edited by nikeairs23; 10-01-2011 at 08:12 PM.

ZAGG just finally started to sell them for the phone in my area this weekend. I love it. Now Im just waiting for otterbox to make a case for this thing.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB Feb. 28/franco

Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Seriously, do not buy that crap. Best screen protector out there is Steinheil Ultra Crystal. Completely clear and feels like glass. Zaggs, and other wet application protectors are obsolete.
    This. Without a doubt Steinheil Ultra Crystal is the best (clear) screen protector on the market. I've been using them since my OG EVO 4G and have never looked back. Feels just like glass and often forget it's on my phone.

Is it thick enough to offer any impact protection?

Finally got the sprint vover off and replaced it with the steinheil, wow. Night and day. Screen is bright even with power savers on.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    ROM
    Starburst 1.5/LOStKernal

I still prefer Phantom Skinz. Much better than the skinomi one I used.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,612 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 05GT View Post
    Purchased the 3 pack from Sprint. 1 - Anti-Glare and 2 Gloss. I'm currently using one of the gloss covers, and it's working well.
    I also got these today. They look pretty good. I'd recommend them.

Sent from my Epic Touch 4G

I just switch my screen protector out. I switch from the sprint store screen protector to the tpu screen protector. Then sprint store screen protector cover almost the width of the phone. The tpu screen protector covers less width of the phone. I wish it would have cover the same width as the sprint store screen protector.

The first screen protector tpu sent was cut to the exact fit of the screen so it was impossible to put on. What they should have done was cut off maybe about 2mm from the width and it'll be perfect, but they cut off too much. Then again, the tpu case at least surrounds some of the opening.

The tpu case is similar to the sprint store protector as it relates to clearness and grease. It is so hard to clean off the fingerprint and grease from the protector.

I am also using the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector. All I can say is wow! You can not tell there is a screen protector on there unless you look at the edges. Highly recommended!
    Thanked by:

I'm using this one

Fits the phone perfect and there's even a video of putting one on the phone.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

The best one I've found are the Clear Freak brand @ ClearFreak.com

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by bhem View Post
    I am also using the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector. All I can say is wow! You can not tell there is a screen protector on there unless you look at the edges. Highly recommended!
    using the exact same one... highly recommend. only thing is it tends to collect lots of fingerprints but keeps the beauty of the screen.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

I'm using the Steinheil ultra oleophobic for several days now. Don't know if it really reduces the fingerprints, but it wipes clean easily. I originally bought a zagg which went on very easily (wet), but had a slight ripple "orange peel"" effect that I didn't necessarily care for.

My first attempt at installing the Steinheil was good practice for the second. I got a few pieces of dust underneath, and after removing it to try again, I droppped it on my pants. So much for that one.
    The second one was quicker, and not one dust particle. It looks and feels like nothing is on the screen.

I've got the XtremeGuard full body shield. I recommend it and Its just $3.24 on Ebay. Ridic low price for a ridic good product.
    EVOLUTION: Sanyo 8100>LG Fusic>Palm Treo 755p>Palm Pre>HTC Evo 4G>Samsung Epic 4G>HTC Evo 3D>Samsung Nexus S 4G>Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast