What screen protector are you using for your new Epic 4G Touch?

nikeairs23

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: What screen protector are you using for your new Epic 4G Touc

Finally got the sprint vover off and replaced it with the steinheil, wow. Night and day. Screen is bright even with power savers on.

Reactions: crzycrkr

cporta

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

I still prefer Phantom Skinz. Much better than the skinomi one I used.

joe.stay

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site

I just switch my screen protector out. I switch from the sprint store screen protector to the tpu screen protector. Then sprint store screen protector cover almost the width of the phone. The tpu screen protector covers less width of the phone. I wish it would have cover the same width as the sprint store screen protector.

The first screen protector tpu sent was cut to the exact fit of the screen so it was impossible to put on. What they should have done was cut off maybe about 2mm from the width and it'll be perfect, but they cut off too much. Then again, the tpu case at least surrounds some of the opening.

The tpu case is similar to the sprint store protector as it relates to clearness and grease. It is so hard to clean off the fingerprint and grease from the protector.

bhem

May 27, 2010
Visit site

I am also using the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector. All I can say is wow! You can not tell there is a screen protector on there unless you look at the edges. Highly recommended!

Prebody

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

The best one I've found are the Clear Freak brand @ ClearFreak.com

repinphilly247

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

I am also using the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector. All I can say is wow! You can not tell there is a screen protector on there unless you look at the edges. Highly recommended!

using the exact same one... highly recommend. only thing is it tends to collect lots of fingerprints but keeps the beauty of the screen.

Foulwx

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm using the Steinheil ultra oleophobic for several days now. Don't know if it really reduces the fingerprints, but it wipes clean easily. I originally bought a zagg which went on very easily (wet), but had a slight ripple "orange peel"" effect that I didn't necessarily care for.

My first attempt at installing the Steinheil was good practice for the second. I got a few pieces of dust underneath, and after removing it to try again, I droppped it on my pants. So much for that one.
The second one was quicker, and not one dust particle. It looks and feels like nothing is on the screen.

L A Z I Z A

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

I've got the XtremeGuard full body shield. I recommend it and Its just $3.24 on Ebay. Ridic low price for a ridic good product.

Dtadamson69

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site

I can't say much for any of the other screen protectors out there. But the Zagg Invisible shield has worked really well for me. I haven't had any problems with it and it's kind of hard to argue it's actual protectiveness. I mean just look at some of the demos they do. (Youtube it)

The only 3 downsides to the Zagg shield for this phone that i can think of are:

1. They don't have the anti-glare or smudge proof shields out for it yet.(<-- Are very nice)

2. They are a bit pricey. But they do have a lifetime warranty that from what i herd is actually handled pretty well.

3. The biggest thing is that they are not the easiest things to put on correctly. I work for The Geek Squad so I've had plenty of practice and can do they them in my sleep. But for someone that has no experience with them, i would suggest just paying the money to have geek squad do it. (It's only a few bucks on top of the price of the screen and the work is guaranteed.)

A lot of the horror stories you've probably herd about the Zagg shield comes down to the person not giving the screen enough time for the adhesive process before hardcore use.

I always tell clients that very little use for the first 24 to 48 hours will reward them with the best results. People, you have to understand that with the water based screens until the adhesive process is fully complete. To much pressure on the screen can and probably will cause it to drag, leaving horrible marks and bubbles.

I am in no way representing Zagg or saying that there products are better than others. Especially because i haven't used any others.

All i am doing is laying down the facts and letting you guys know that i haven't had any trouble or issues with my Zagg shield on this phone.

:)

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I can't say much for any of the other screen protectors out there. But the Zagg Invisible shield has worked really well for me. I haven't had any problems with it and it's kind of hard to argue it's actual protectiveness. I mean just look at some of the demos they do. (Youtube it)

The only 3 downsides to the Zagg shield for this phone that i can think of are:

1. They don't have the anti-glare or smudge proof shields out for it yet.(<-- Are very nice)

2. They are a bit pricey. But they do have a lifetime warranty that from what i herd is actually handled pretty well.

3. The biggest thing is that they are not the easiest things to put on correctly. I work for The Geek Squad so I've had plenty of practice and can do they them in my sleep. But for someone that has no experience with them, i would suggest just paying the money to have geek squad do it. (It's only a few bucks on top of the price of the screen and the work is guaranteed.)

A lot of the horror stories you've probably herd about the Zagg shield comes down to the person not giving the screen enough time for the adhesive process before hardcore use.

I always tell clients that very little use for the first 24 to 48 hours will reward them with the best results. People, you have to understand that with the water based screens until the adhesive process is fully complete. To much pressure on the screen can and probably will cause it to drag, leaving horrible marks and bubbles.

I am in no way representing Zagg or saying that there products are better than others. Especially because i haven't used any others.

All i am doing is laying down the facts and letting you guys know that i haven't had any trouble or issues with my Zagg shield on this phone.

:)

I have had perfectly installed Zagg protectors in the past,and all I'll say is that you could not pay me to use that thick, rubbery, orange peel garbage ever again. Worst possible protector there is

MrpicC

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

BESTSKINSEVER which I've always used on every device... Hasn't let me down yet, though I'll add I hated the rear skin on the textured back... Ripped it off but still using on the rest of the device..

luigidk

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

I am using the SGP Steinheil Ultra Series - Ultra FIne Anti-Fingerprint...

Went on very easy - and it is wonderful...

I concur with some others in this thread - best screen protector out there

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I usually just buy a bunch of cheap protector from Amazon. I change them whenever mine gets any scratches or looks bad. Even an expensive protector can get scratched. I have alot of experience putting them on now so it's not a big deal.

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I use the screen protector from the sprint store. One word...... Amazing! Worth every cent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shadowcat0909

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

I got an Invisible Phone Guard screen protector on ebay, and it seems to do the job just fine. However, the screen is quite blurry with it on, making white almost impossible to tolerate. Does anyone else find that their screen protectors make the screen blurry? Does anyone have experience with Invisible Phone Guard, negative or positive? What is different about that Steinheil Ultra Crystal protector that makes it better? Thanks.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon