Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question What screen protector are you using for your new Epic 4G Touch?

I checked out every Best Buy in my area and not one of them carried the Invisible Shield. Didn't wanna get something else because I don't want to try applying one of those water based screen protectors on my own. Any ideas on what I can do in the meantime? Believe it or not I still have the original plastic covering on it with all the writing. It's super annoying to use with that on.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Seriously, do not buy that crap. Best screen protector out there is Steinheil Ultra Crystal. Completely clear and feels like glass. Zaggs, and other wet application protectors are obsolete.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Default Re: What screen protector are you using for your new Epic 4G Touc

Seidio is good and go on easily.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Seriously, do not buy that crap. Best screen protector out there is Steinheil Ultra Crystal. Completely clear and feels like glass. Zaggs, and other wet application protectors are obsolete.
    Thanks I'll look into it. Is it easy to install? I get nervous about using anything water based on my phone.

I got the one that Sprint was selling only because no other store in my area had any. It's not the best but it gets the job done. Lots of smudges but you don't see once the screen turns on anyways.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Thanks I'll look into it. Is it easy to install? I get nervous about using anything water based on my phone.
    The Steinheil is extremely easy to install. Its a dry application protector, so no liquid. I've used many different types, believe me, these are the best, hands down. Invisible sheilds are absolute trash in comparison.

Global Posts
    10,401 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Not a fan of invisashield. I am using the Sprint stock one. Works great. It is clear, as I am not using thd antiglare one.

I found a good deal but I don't know the quality of the screen protector.

Has it for $5. At checkout you can apply the coupon code "hms75" for 75% off. So your total will be $1.25.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by cydex123 View Post
    I found a good deal but I don't know the quality of the screen protector.

Has it for $5. At checkout you can apply the coupon code "hms75" for 75% off. So your total will be $1.25.
    Nice! Is that a dry screen protector? If so that might be a perfect cheap solution until I get something better.

I got this one.
    Amazon.com: 5-Pack EZGuardZ Samsung EPIC 4G TOUCH D710 Sprint Screen Protectors (Ultra CLEAR): Cell Phones & Accessories
    its not the dry application. but hey 5 pieces for 2$ and free shipping. if it doesnt work i throw it out no big deal.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ended up getting that xtremeguard one. I figure for 1.25 it'll last me until I get invisible shield

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

So supposedly I am getting that skinomi today from usps according to my arrival date but the tracking info still just shows electronic shipping info received. Hope it comes. If it does I'll be installing it tonight.

I don't use a screen protector, the screen is Gorilla Glass...

Thanked by:
    jnl813 

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee68 View Post
    I don't use a screen protector, the screen is Gorilla Glass...

It amazes me how many uninformed posts there are about Gorilla Glass. Gorilla Glass is very tough, and scratch RESISTANT. It can, and will scratch. It stands up very well against metal, but one grain of sand will scratch it. So, unless all you do is sit behind a computer all day, it would still be smart to use a screen protector. With the high quality of premium ones like the Steinheil, and the fact they are completely unnoticeable once applied, why would you not use one?
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

Purchased the 3 pack from Sprint. 1 - Anti-Glare and 2 Gloss. I'm currently using one of the gloss covers, and it's working well.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

So I ended up getting the skinomi techskin today afterall. Took 8 days! but whatever. I just put it on about an hour ago and i'll say even though I put about 4 on before, all on the palm pre this was quite a bit tougher. I think just the larger screen and lining up the camera and led holes all the while not letting it stick crookedly along the bottom contributed to my bit of frustration. I actually think I ended up doing a real good job just be prepared for it. I had alcohol wipes, lint free cloth and a bottle of computer cleaner. I'll post back tomorrow on how its looking when i power up.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Check out the Skinomi screen protectors on amazon. They're like the invisashield but much better and only about. 4 bucks.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

any chance I could get the guys at best buy to install skinomi if I buy it?

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Still not quite understanding why people would buy a screen protector that requires liquid to install when there are much better protectors that don't. Electronics and liquid don't mix, and its a silly chance to take when you can get something better that doesn't need it. Believe me, Steinheil is the way to go. I've used all the other big names, no comparrison.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Still not quite understanding why people would buy a screen protector that requires liquid to install when there are much better protectors that don't. Electronics and liquid don't mix, and its a silly chance to take when you can get something better that doesn't need it. Believe me, Steinheil is the way to go. I've used all the other big names, no comparrison.
    i guess i'm still skeptical about dry screen protectors. I used to use them way back when on my old Treos but they were never very good and definitely nothing like the Invisible Shields I've had on my last few devices. I'd try it if it was a few bucks, but not sure I wanna chance it for $13.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    i guess i'm still skeptical about dry screen protectors. I used to use them way back when on my old Treos but they were never very good and definitely nothing like the Invisible Shields I've had on my last few devices. I'd try it if it was a few bucks, but not sure I wanna chance it for $13.
    When i get home tonight I'll put up a link to a post like this one with someone as skeptical as you that I talked into getting a Steinheil for his Transformer. Maybe his reaction to it will change your mind. There really is no comparrision. You're doing your phone a grave injustice, lol

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    ROM
    Starburst 1.5/LOStKernal

I have had the skinomi on for few days and overall it's pretty good. Fit and feel are good, but there is an orange peel effect. I prefer phantom skinz but they were not available pre-launch. I will be getting them though, the peel effect bothers me.

Global Posts
    10,401 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Gasp! No screen protector for me, but my environment and the way I treat my phone doesn't call for one.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Scratch Yet?

Here you go. Follow how this guy thought about screen protectors and how he feels after trying the Steinheil Ultra Crystal.

I've heard nothing but positive reviews on the steinheil screen protectors. It is a little pricey compared to other screen protector but I think its due to the top of the line material they use. I purchased the ultra crystal and I'll do a quick review once I get it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast