Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: What are you guys doing for spare batteries?

[QUOTE=Guapo104;1297242]Wow, so BTC, what you are saying is that my present Samsung OEM Spare Battery/Charger for my Epic 4G, which is the same one that Samsung sells for the Vibrant, will work to charge the E4GT battery and I can use my E4G Batteries to power the E4GT??...

THAT'S SWEET!!

UPDATE:

So I finally got my E4GT a few days ago, and I am currently using my OEM Spare Battery charger and two spare OG E4G batteries with my E4GT. They work perfect, just that the OG E4G batteries are 1500mAh vs. the E4GT battery being 1800mAh. The charger also charges the 1800mAh with no problem, so no need to buy another spare battery charger for the E4GT. It's nice to never have to worry about running out of battery power...

Just a FYI, the Fascinate batteries and charger are different from the Epic 4G, Vibrant, and Captivate batteries, and will not work with the E4GT...

Looks like they finally have these ready to go.
    4IN1 Battery Charger Cable for Samsung Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 Within Sprint USA | eBay

There are sets that only have one spare 1840mah battery with wall charger too. 24.99 for that.

I used something almost exactly like this for my Evo4g. It was great for me. I don't like having to ever plug the phone into anything. That and swapping batteries out daily is a good way to force myself to do a daily restart. Seems to keep things running smooth.

just buy them on ebay. You can get one for 25 bucks that includes 2 batteries and a wall charger to charge the battery without the phone. It might not be OEM but it works the same.

Power is power. so get some.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    ROM
    Starburst with LoStKernel

Anker™ 2 x 1800mAh Li-ion Batteries for Samsung Galaxy S I9000, GT-I9000 + Free Anker™ Multi-purpose USB Travel Charger
    Price has gone up the past couple days but it's still only $20.99 (As of typing this). I ordered them for $11.99 total last Friday.
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 | ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies | Kernel: KT747 | Governor: Ktoonservative | Modem: MK3

Sprint customer since 2000

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    Thanks BTC, I ordered the two batteries and charger for $10. I know it's 1500mah, but I saw chargers for $10 alone. Plus, it's a spare emergency battery anyway. Now I can buy 1800mah batteries if I need them and already have the charger handy.

BTW, here's the ebay link:

2x BATTERY+dock CHARGER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S Vibrant # | eBay
    What the heck, for $10 I ordered it. Will see if it really does work when it comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo rising View Post
    That is for the wrong phone. It is for the i900 which is a different shape than the SGSII. I ordered off a different auction a week ago and was just notified they cancelled my order because they don't have the new battery available yet.
    Well I got my order off that link I posted and they fit and work perfectly : )

BTC
    Thanked by:

Gah.. talk about a slow boat from China -- I ordered mine on 9/26 and they aren't due for delivery until tomorrow at the earliest.

I should have read the fine print about the shipping time. I might have spent a couple of extra bucks to save a couple of weeks.

The batteries finally came. They fit fine, although they're a hair thinner than the stock battery. Still, I don't anticipate any issues.

ETA: The charger works with the stock battery.

Uh oh. Problem. Took one of the spares out of the charger and heard a clicking noise. Turns out the plastic strips that separate the contacts all snapped. So that one's toast.

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

Just want to make sure i read things right. My Epic 4G battery won't work i tested that out first day. The Vibrant and I9000 batteries are the same and have the same connection locations so they fit our phone. Or just the Vibrant?
    Fascinate fit ? Captivate fit?
    I don't use my phone as heavily as some of you but you never know when you might need a spare of anything so its good to have them. Can't beat the price.

The Vibrant and Captivate batteries are the same. I thought the Epic ones were the same as well. I've read other users saying they used their old Epic batteries. You're the first person saying that they don't fit.

The Fascinate batteries definitely won't work.

Before I chuck it, any EE's wanna confirm that the losing the contact dividers on the battery makes any difference? I included a picture to illustrate my problem.

Thanks, just ordered mine, they are full 1800mAh, rather not have lower 1500 power. I have been checking to see when the cheaper versions would come out. Glad I caught your post, got everything including 3-5 day postage for $19.99. This one has a good charger that change charge batteries for other phones too.

Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Anker 2 x 1800mAh Li-ion Batteries for Samsung Galaxy S I9000, GT-I9000 + Free Anker Multi-purpose USB Travel Charger
    Price has gone up the past couple days but it's still only $20.99 (As of typing this). I ordered them for $11.99 total last Friday.
    Treo's going back to dark ages, Pre Minus, Motorola Photon, Galaxy S2 and now Galaxy S4 & Asus T700 Tablet

I ordered these.

2 X 1500mah BATTERY + CHARGER SAMSUNG I9000 GALAXY S | eBay

They shipped fast and worked flawlessly. Like cobra mentioned, they are a little bit slimmer than stock battery, but i've had no issues yet (only had for 1 day so far)

The battery charger also has a USB port.
    For $10 shipped, it can't be beat. I pop the two charged batteries in my wallet and don't have to worry about the phone dying.

Obviously they are only 1500mah, but like I said, for the price, well worth it.

After a few days with the ebay batteries, I'd have to caution anyone from purchasing them for the following reasons:

1) The charger that came with the batteries took 7 hours to recharge the stock battery. And it was at 20% when i started. Not really an efficient way to charge. Looking at the charger specs, it appears it charges at a ludicrously low 350 mA.

2) The included batteries took 4 hours to charge, but they run down really fast. Since the stock battery is 20% higher capacity I wasn't expecting to last as long, but I went from 100% to 70% in an hour. I might have actually used it for 10-15 minutes during that time.

3) Build quality is suspect. As I mentioned previously, the contact dividers snapped from simply taking the battery out of the charger.

4) I noticed my phone doing odd things while using the spare batteries, things that sound exactly like issues some other people have been having. My wifi needed to get reset constantly. The phantom drain. While I didn't experience LOS, I somehow completely missed a call (didn't ring or vibrate). And while on a call, the phone app completely locked up, requiring a battery pull.

At this point, I'll be content with using these as emergency batteries, but on a day to day basis, it looks like I'll be sticking with the stock battery. Also, you get what you pay for.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    ROM

After a few days with the ebay batteries, I'd have to caution anyone from purchasing them for the following reasons:

1) The charger that came with the batteries took 7 hours to recharge the stock battery. And it was at 20% when i started. Not really an efficient way to charge. Looking at the charger specs, it appears it charges at a ludicrously low 350 mA.

2) The included batteries took 4 hours to charge, but they run down really fast. Since the stock battery is 20% higher capacity I wasn't expecting to last as long, but I went from 100% to 70% in an hour. I might have actually used it for 10-15 minutes during that time.

3) Build quality is suspect. As I mentioned previously, the contact dividers snapped from simply taking the battery out of the charger.

4) I noticed my phone doing odd things while using the spare batteries, things that sound exactly like issues some other people have been having. My wifi needed to get reset constantly. The phantom drain. While I didn't experience LOS, I somehow completely missed a call (didn't ring or vibrate). And while on a call, the phone app completely locked up, requiring a battery pull.

At this point, I'll be content with using these as emergency batteries, but on a day to day basis, it looks like I'll be sticking with the stock battery. Also, you get what you pay for.
    With that being said, I definitely recommend people to check out the Anker batteries mentioned above for around $20 with shipping. Fit, build and battery life are up to par with the stock battery. I'm still unsure about how long it takes to charge a fully dead battery but it seems to be around 4 hours. I'll have to update about that. That's better than my EVO wall charger that did 7 hours like that eBay kit. Either way I'm usually not in a rush to charge because I leave one over night or while I'm at work. Only downside is that you have to be careful when putting it into the universal charger since it has a spring load mechanism and you have to align the prongs with the + and -. It's not as quick as pop in and pop out but it's also not a deal breaker.
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 | ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies | Kernel: KT747 | Governor: Ktoonservative | Modem: MK3

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I'm currently collecting the parts to do something similar to the link below; but instead my output will be a micro USB cable which I can plug directly into my phone. My goal is to be able to go 2 to 4 days without needing electricity for camping or if the electricity goes out at home.

Easy rechargable portable ipod/USB recharger
    Dixiecat -- Sept. 16, 2011: Sprint Galaxy S2
    Oct. 2, 2009: Sprint Palm Pre. 1996-2009: Free-with-contract dumbphones

My experience with the ebay battery makes me wonder how many of the issues people have been having are directly related to a bad battery.

My experience with the ebay battery makes me wonder how many of the issues people have been having are directly related to a bad battery.
    I know it's more expensive but why not buy the one from androidcentral? Ebay makes me nervous especially when there is a risk of not knowing where the battery came from.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy5111 View Post
    I know it's more expensive but why not buy the one from androidcentral? Ebay makes me nervous especially when there is a risk of not knowing where the battery came from.
    Because although OEM is always reliable its also always the most expensive. That's why I prefer Amazon generics because at least you're more likely to find reviews about them. There'll always be cheaper but same as OEM batteries and then there'll also be very cheap "you get what you paid for" batteries.

$20.99 for 2 batteries plus wall charger is more useful than $29.99 for just 1 battery.

Sent from my Sprint Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk.

Thanked by:
    Blkthght06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by epicsmore View Post
    I ordered these.

2 X 1500mah BATTERY + CHARGER SAMSUNG I9000 GALAXY S | eBay

They shipped fast and worked flawlessly. Like cobra mentioned, they are a little bit slimmer than stock battery, but i've had no issues yet (only had for 1 day so far)

The battery charger also has a USB port.
    For $10 shipped, it can't be beat. I pop the two charged batteries in my wallet and don't have to worry about the phone dying.

Obviously they are only 1500mah, but like I said, for the price, well worth it.
    I can confirm that these batteries and charger work perfectly for the E4GT. I've had them for almost a week now. I'm currentely using one of the batteries in my phone now and it lasted almost as long as the original stock battery. The charger had no issues charging my OEM battery that came with the E4GT. It did take longer to charge though. Honestly it seems like the best deal for anyone looking for a couple of spare batteries to use when the OEM battery is low. I got a full day of use out of the non-OEM battery, lasted a couple hours less. But it is 1500mah and not 1800mah like the stock. But I think it will suit most peoples needs. 10 bucks for two batteries and a charger. No brainer.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB Feb. 28/franco

Been looking for a 2000mAh or more spare w/o a new battery door for quite some time. Anyone heard of or used this brand of extended battery?

http://www.amazon.com/CHICHITEC-2x20...idcentral00-20

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    ROM

I had chichitec batteries for my EVO 4G. Worked just fine. Included charger takes a long time though. 7 hours or so for a fully dead battery.

Sent from my Sprint Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by solid_s_1117 View Post
    I've gone 2 battery cycles with them so far and am pleased. Right now I'm at 26 hours with 20% battery remaining with relatively light use. My guess is 15 - 20 hrs with heavier use. The charger does take a long time. If you use it, plan on charging overnight.

ROM
    Stock

I went on Amazon and got 2 hyperion 1800mah and a wall charger for $25 shipped, came super fast even with super saver. I power cycled them with an almost 8 hour video over wifi on youtube with brightness maxed and nav on, first cycle life was pathetic, 2 hours, after 3 cycles I have 4.5-5 hours.

the video is some kids black ops record for C4 kills in 7 or 8 hours. just left the phone on silent while I worked and let the video play, waited for beep #1 of lower battery, and then held out for the critical where screen brightness is capped, turned the phone off swapped batteries and stuck it on the charger)

I keep one spare in my work bag and one in my glove box. Did that with my EVO 4G also. The Epic has much better life and doesn't turn into a hot plate like the evo always did...

ROM
    Stock

I would like to hear how somone's batteries from CHICHI are working out.

The ones they sent for my last phone were labeled over with higher then actual mah

funny thing, I got the batteries just in case, I have not used them once.
    So +1 to samsung
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast