Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What are you guys doing for spare batteries?

I go through about 2-3 batteries at work a day since I'm always streaming music at work. What are my best options? $30 OEM?. I don't know want to to spend $20 or so on some cheap batteries if they're not going to last as long as OEM.
    USAF Veteran

Global Posts
    496 Global Posts

Default Re: What are you guys doing for spare batteries?

I haven't had a need for a spare.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3 View Post
    I haven't had a need for a spare.
    I was at work and the battery lasted 6 hours streaming music non stop.. I was shocked

I guess I'll just buy an OEM to cover my whole ****.. those ebay batteries are too expensive.
    USAF Veteran

Global Posts
    496 Global Posts

No USB power available at work?

Quote Originally Posted by drewsg View Post
    I go through about 2-3 batteries at work a day since I'm always streaming music at work. What are my best options? $30 OEM?. I don't know want to to spend $20 or so on some cheap batteries if they're not going to last as long as OEM.
    I had a Samsung Vibrant and had 2 spare batteries from that phone which work great in this phone...Shocked me cuz they are only 1500 mah....i ordered 2 more vibrant batteries plus charger for 10 bucks on ebay today cuzI want to keep the2nd charger at work. Had the Vibrant battery in phone all day and been using phone ask day and still at 60%...am in awe over this phones battery life management

truly great phone in every way : )

BTC

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Yeah how about the desk cradle or a charger handy.

Sent from my SGS2E4GT aka That's a mouthful.... That's what she said!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Wow, If I was at a dask, having a spare battery would be redundant, wouldn't it?

I'm on the move with no power outlet insight, that's why I need to switch out batteries.

i just bought a samsung vibrant battery based on advice from BOSSY TEXAS CHICK.

hopefully it will work

I was at work and the battery lasted 6 hours streaming music non stop.. I was shocked

I guess I'll just buy an OEM to cover my whole ****.. those ebay batteries are too expensive.
    I plan to buy the OEM one when it becomes available. I'll get the Ebay ones when they become available too as I need more than one extra battery.

My streaming videos run my battery dead anywhere from 3 to 4 hours.

Wow, If I was at a dask, having a spare battery would be redundant, wouldn't it?

I'm on the move with no power outlet insight, that's why I need to switch out batteries.
    Nope not redundant because if i use the spare and it needs a charge from being out in the wild, when i get back to my desk i can just "plug charger & spare directly in to a diff wall outlet and charge battery in the phone at SAME TIME without having to wait for one to charge and then having to have the phone plugged in to wall for ANOTHER two - three hours to charge the spare....and THEN when its fully charged i just put the spare back in my wallet till i need it again...no muss, no fuss, for a mere 10 bucks 2 spares and a charger, very very convenient..

: )

BTC

Once i went out & about with a fully charged phone and accidenly left some ridiculously battery hogging ap on and my phone (not THIS phone : ) went dead within 2 hrs... Didn't have a spare and since then said "never EVER again".... How ppl lived without a cell phone before they were invented, i CANNOT fathom...lol
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock for now

Yea my solution would be just using a USB cord plugged into my computer (which is what I do at work) but then again I'm not using that much streaming video/audio. I've only used the cable once since I got my E4GT after having to use it every other day with my Photon or OG Evo.

Jeff
    Nexus 5, Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Moto Q, Curve, PPC-6700, just to name a few
    I've been borderline addicting to getting new cell phones since 1998

Thanks BTC, I ordered the two batteries and charger for $10. I know it's 1500mah, but I saw chargers for $10 alone. Plus, it's a spare emergency battery anyway. Now I can buy 1800mah batteries if I need them and already have the charger handy.

BTW, here's the ebay link:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...ht_1669wt_1396
    Thanked by 2:

Why wouldn't you just use a USB charger or just plug a USB cable into your office computer?

The problem for me is that I don't have an official desk in the NYC office so I move around daily. I'm also frequently at other people's desks and make all my calls on my cell phone. So I don't have a lot of time to let the phone sit in the charger. A backup battery is the best way to make sure I can make it through the day if I can't get to a charger.

It's also handy on the weekends -- I can run the ET into the ground (which can take as little as 5 hours) and then just swap to a new battery. And with the speed that the ET reboots, it's cake.

I've had one of these for years and they come in very handy for a multitude of thing.

Energizer® XP18000 Portable Charger for Laptops | External Battery | Portable Charger

But I have a USB cable at work to charge my phone as well, so don't have to carry it around with me.

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Why wouldn't you just use a USB charger or just plug a USB cable into your office computer?
    For the freedom of not having phone being plugged into a wall when you want to use it and u can be charging (not sureif u were seriously asking that but juuuust in case u were, happy to explain it : )

BTC

Wow, so BTC, what you are saying is that my present Samsung OEM Spare Battery/Charger for my Epic 4G, which is the same one that Samsung sells for the Vibrant, will work to charge the E4GT battery and I can use my E4G Batteries to power the E4GT??...

THAT'S SWEET!!

UPDATE:

So I finally got my E4GT a few days ago, and I am currently using my OEM Spare Battery charger and two spare OG E4G batteries with my E4GT. They work perfect, just that the OG E4G batteries are 1500mAh vs. the E4GT battery being 1800mAh. The charger also charges the 1800mAh with no problem, so no need to buy another spare battery charger for the E4GT. It's nice to never have to worry about running out of battery power...

Just a FYI, the Fascinate batteries and charger are different from the Epic 4G, Vibrant, and Captivate batteries, and will not work with the E4GT...

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    ROM
    Starburst with LoStKernel

I'm waiting for a two spare and wall charger kit to become available. I got so used to just switching batteries I hate waiting for a full or partial charge.

Sent from my Sprint Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk.
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 | ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies | Kernel: KT747 | Governor: Ktoonservative | Modem: MK3

Sprint customer since 2000

I'm at my desk most of the day so I just hook up to my wall charger when I'm getting low on juice. I found that my computer's usb didn't give me enough amps to use my phone and get a positive net charge. At best, it helped maintain my current battery level and would only charge (slowly since it's usb) when I stopped using the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    Thanks BTC, I ordered the two batteries and charger for $10. I know it's 1500mah, but I saw chargers for $10 alone. Plus, it's a spare emergency battery anyway. Now I can buy 1800mah batteries if I need them and already have the charger handy.

2x BATTERY+dock CHARGER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S Vibrant # | eBay
    That is for the wrong phone. It is for the i900 which is a different shape than the SGSII. I ordered off a different auction a week ago and was just notified they cancelled my order because they don't have the new battery available yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post

2x BATTERY+dock CHARGER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S Vibrant # | eBay
    Let us know when you have confirmation that vibrant batteries work in the phone. Also if the vibrant charger charges the original OEM battery that came with your E4GT.

I will, although Bossy Texas Chick already confirmed it in this thread which is why I went ahead and ordered the kit.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...ml#post1289028

How are these aftermarket batteries working our for you guys. I've always heard we should stay away from them. Not sure why

Tapatalkin' it from my Epic Touch 3g
    Banned

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

I just bought an samsung Spare battery system. 1 OEM 1500 Lit battery. External charger. And wall plug in. 39.99 is the suggested retail.Of course I paid way less!!! Designed got the original EPIC, but the same battery size and same voltage. Only diff is 300 less mAh.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast