1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Carging car dock?

Hi everyone!

I am looking to purchase a car charging dock, similar to the one I had for my piece of crap EVO (it was made bu Seidio.) Does such a monster exist?

Thanks!

-TP

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I'm using one from Proclip.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Go to nearest AT&T store or their site and get the dock for Samsung Infuse. Works like a champ and is only $17.99!

Sent from my gTablet using TapatalkPro

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Default Re: Carging car dock?

Quote Originally Posted by Rangie View Post
    I'm using one from Proclip.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by kozmo2k View Post
    Go to nearest AT&T store or their site and get the dock for Samsung Infuse. Works like a champ and is only $17.99!

Sent from my gTablet using TapatalkPro
    I have BOTH of these integrated into one setup. I have used Proclip for the last 4 years, and so I had the mount. I then drilled a hole in an extra plate and mounted the part of the dock that has the thumbscrew. If I remember, I will try to take a pic and post.

As promised, here are some pics of my setup.

And you can see the insignificant gaps in the corners. It doesnt make a different to me.
    Last edited by djjr50; 12-09-2011 at 06:35 PM.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Just realized that when I updated this post, it didnt make it new. Just posting to let you all know that I have added pics of my setup.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue

ROM
    EL26/Calkulin v2.7

Here's a few pics of how I mounted mine. I'm curious to see how well the suction cup holds up in the cold.. It's been in for almost 2 weeks without issue, but from experience with the Garmin mount I know I'll eventually find it hanging by the wires. At some point I'll fab up some kind of permanent mount for it, but this works for now.

I mounted mine up high, partly because I prefer a 'heads up' position for the GPS, and partly because I didn't have anywhere else to put it.. I tend to lean on the center console when I drive, so it's not in my driving line of sight either.

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Interesting setup. Love that you have routed the wires.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    I have BOTH of these integrated into one setup. I have used Proclip for the last 4 years, and so I had the mount. I then drilled a hole in an extra plate and mounted the part of the dock that has the thumbscrew. If I remember, I will try to take a pic and post.

As promised, here are some pics of my setup.

And you can see the insignificant gaps in the corners. It doesnt make a different to me.
    I'm curious. What car mode software are you running. I'm using Car Dock Home v3, but yours looks a lot more interesting.

ROM
    EL26/Calkulin v2.7

It's CarHome Ultra. It's $1.99 in the market but you can try it free for 30 days.

Those set ups look very nice. I suppose you just use bluetooth for the audio. I've had my epic touch for only a week and have a vent dock, aux line to the Alpine, and just use a basic car charger. Discovered that when I have the aux line plugged in and make/receive a call the phone doesn't pick up my voice (person on other end can't hear me). Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a setting I am missing? Also found that the "Voice Talk" feature can't recognize any prompts while in the car, which is really all its good for. Has anyone found a fix for this? Thanks.
    Thanked by:
    mrmoto 

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Quote Originally Posted by freebisquits View Post
    Those set ups look very nice. I suppose you just use bluetooth for the audio. I've had my epic touch for only a week and have a vent dock, aux line to the Alpine, and just use a basic car charger. Discovered that when I have the aux line plugged in and make/receive a call the phone doesn't pick up my voice (person on other end can't hear me). Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a setting I am missing? Also found that the "Voice Talk" feature can't recognize any prompts while in the car, which is really all its good for. Has anyone found a fix for this? Thanks.
    The dock allows the all non-call audio to be routed through the microUSB port, which is outputted to a 3.5mm aux jack. I just pick the phone up out of the dock when I need to talk until a better solution for non-rooted phones can be found.

Also, I have experienced some difficulties using voice talk when the sunroof is open or on a highway where noises can infiltrate. That sucks because that's usually when I'm trying to navigate to somewhere (whenever the GPS works) or call someone.