Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Carging car dock?

    Hi everyone!

    I am looking to purchase a car charging dock, similar to the one I had for my piece of crap EVO (it was made bu Seidio.) Does such a monster exist?

    Thanks!

    -TP
  2. #2  
    Rangie's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

    Default

    I'm using one from Proclip.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  3. #3  

    Default

    Go to nearest AT&T store or their site and get the dock for Samsung Infuse. Works like a champ and is only $17.99!

    Sent from my gTablet using TapatalkPro
  4. #4  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: Carging car dock?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rangie View Post
    I'm using one from Proclip.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by kozmo2k View Post
    Go to nearest AT&T store or their site and get the dock for Samsung Infuse. Works like a champ and is only $17.99!

    Sent from my gTablet using TapatalkPro
    I have BOTH of these integrated into one setup. I have used Proclip for the last 4 years, and so I had the mount. I then drilled a hole in an extra plate and mounted the part of the dock that has the thumbscrew. If I remember, I will try to take a pic and post.

    As promised, here are some pics of my setup.




    And you can see the insignificant gaps in the corners. It doesnt make a different to me.
    Last edited by djjr50; 12-09-2011 at 06:35 PM.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White
  5. #5  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: Carging car dock?

    Just realized that when I updated this post, it didnt make it new. Just posting to let you all know that I have added pics of my setup.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White
  6. #6  
    Taz420NJ's Avatar

    Posts
    46 Posts
    ROM
    EL26/Calkulin v2.7

    Default Re: Carging car dock?

    Here's a few pics of how I mounted mine. I'm curious to see how well the suction cup holds up in the cold.. It's been in for almost 2 weeks without issue, but from experience with the Garmin mount I know I'll eventually find it hanging by the wires. At some point I'll fab up some kind of permanent mount for it, but this works for now.

    I mounted mine up high, partly because I prefer a 'heads up' position for the GPS, and partly because I didn't have anywhere else to put it.. I tend to lean on the center console when I drive, so it's not in my driving line of sight either.



  7. #7  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: Carging car dock?

    Interesting setup. Love that you have routed the wires.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White
  8. #8  
    gblinckmann's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

    Default Re: Carging car dock?

    Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    I have BOTH of these integrated into one setup. I have used Proclip for the last 4 years, and so I had the mount. I then drilled a hole in an extra plate and mounted the part of the dock that has the thumbscrew. If I remember, I will try to take a pic and post.

    As promised, here are some pics of my setup.
    Click to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted image

    Click to view quoted image

    And you can see the insignificant gaps in the corners. It doesnt make a different to me.
    Click to view quoted image
    I'm curious. What car mode software are you running. I'm using Car Dock Home v3, but yours looks a lot more interesting.
  9. #9  
    Taz420NJ's Avatar

    Posts
    46 Posts
    ROM
    EL26/Calkulin v2.7

    Default Re: Carging car dock?

    It's CarHome Ultra. It's $1.99 in the market but you can try it free for 30 days.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Carging car dock?

    Those set ups look very nice. I suppose you just use bluetooth for the audio. I've had my epic touch for only a week and have a vent dock, aux line to the Alpine, and just use a basic car charger. Discovered that when I have the aux line plugged in and make/receive a call the phone doesn't pick up my voice (person on other end can't hear me). Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a setting I am missing? Also found that the "Voice Talk" feature can't recognize any prompts while in the car, which is really all its good for. Has anyone found a fix for this? Thanks.
    Thanked by:
    mrmoto 
  11. #11  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: Carging car dock?

    Quote Originally Posted by freebisquits View Post
    Those set ups look very nice. I suppose you just use bluetooth for the audio. I've had my epic touch for only a week and have a vent dock, aux line to the Alpine, and just use a basic car charger. Discovered that when I have the aux line plugged in and make/receive a call the phone doesn't pick up my voice (person on other end can't hear me). Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a setting I am missing? Also found that the "Voice Talk" feature can't recognize any prompts while in the car, which is really all its good for. Has anyone found a fix for this? Thanks.
    The dock allows the all non-call audio to be routed through the microUSB port, which is outputted to a 3.5mm aux jack. I just pick the phone up out of the dock when I need to talk until a better solution for non-rooted phones can be found.

    Also, I have experienced some difficulties using voice talk when the sunroof is open or on a highway where noises can infiltrate. That sucks because that's usually when I'm trying to navigate to somewhere (whenever the GPS works) or call someone.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White

Posting Permissions